Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,022 members, 7,919,249 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 03:48 AM

Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? (3524 Views)

Newspaper Headline From The 80s About NEPA, Must See. / APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper / Saraki Was Actually Stoned In Illorin..punch Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by Missy89(f): 8:15am On Sep 03, 2015
mikolo80:
which brings us back to 'economy determines policy ' otherwise na failure go be policy portion

There are many states that have survived thru history by prioritizing either. There are a lot of factors to consider.

Economy does not determine policy sort of
Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by fulanimafia: 8:59am On Sep 03, 2015
mikolo80:
Who do you think sponsored buhari to power.do you think they did so out of patriotism no sir, it is you Who has displayed your naivete

So it is Dangote and Elumelu that sponsored PMB's presidency, no longer Tinubu or Amaechi? grin

Doesn't the fact that Tinubu sponsored Buhari prove to you that he seeks political power despite having economic power?

You're a joke. I'm outta here.
Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 03, 2015
Lanretoye:
all i see is nut this,nut that...Op i guess are going you nuts?
was it the op that wrote those headlines? You guys should embrace the truth for once. GEJ government was a pure sabotage by the north. They wanted power by all means that is why the romanced with the southwest to get it. Unfortunately we y'all are seeing the results
Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by fr3do(m): 9:46am On Sep 03, 2015
Biafra is silver bullets to these hausa-fulanis wolfs.
The move for self determination is the only way the hausa-fulani will even think of renegotiating.
Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by QuotaSystem: 9:49am On Sep 03, 2015
fr3do:
Biafra is silver bullets to these hausa-fulanis wolfs.
The move for self determination is the only way the hausa-fulani will even think of renegotiating.

Silver bullets in the guns of the Hausa/Fulani you mean? Because whether by secession or by force, you can only get Biafra through President Buhari and his cabinet/military.

Argue with facts and not emotion if you must.
Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by fr3do(m): 2:12pm On Sep 03, 2015
QuotaSystem:

Silver bullets in the guns of the Hausa/Fulani you mean? Because whether by secession or by force, you can only get Biafra through President Buhari and his cabinet/military.

Argue with facts and not emotion if you must.

argue?
Secession is a inalienable right, nothing there to argue.
Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by mikolo80: 9:39pm On Sep 03, 2015
fulanimafia:

So it is Dangote and Elumelu that sponsored PMB's presidency, no longer Tinubu or Amaechi? grin

Doesn't the fact that Tinubu sponsored Buhari prove to you that he seeks political power despite having economic power?

You're a joke. I'm outta here.
if you like go and die
ma you Sabi
BTW would tinubu be able to seek power without moni
sef how dumba you sound
Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by mikolo80: 9:48pm On Sep 03, 2015
Missy89:

There are many states that have survived thru history by prioritizing either. There are a lot of factors to consider.

Economy does not determine policy sort of
look I'm not very articulate in text. I don't like writing. II did not mean money determines policy
i meant money Will always win if the person with money is willing to spend it on changing policy
all your examples, were because govt controlled the money (euphemism for economy) and so nobody could challenge them. not so in capitalist system where private sector determines policy cos they control money Just like our govt decides everything cos they control the money (oyel)
Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by Missy89(f): 1:42am On Sep 04, 2015
mikolo80:
look I'm not very articulate in text. I don't like writing. II did not mean money determines policy
i meant money Will always win if the person with money is willing to spend it on changing policy
all your examples, were because govt controlled the money (euphemism for economy) and so nobody could challenge them. not so in capitalist system where private sector determines policy cos they control money Just like our govt decides everything cos they control the money (oyel)

So using Russia as an example again. Do you think rich Russians can change policy there? Heard of Mikhail Khodorkovsky?

After all Russia is now capitalist isn't it? Your theory is not foolproof but i get your point
Re: Anything wrong with these newspaper headlines ??? by mikolo80: 1:58am On Sep 04, 2015
Missy89:

So using Russia as an example again. Do you think rich Russians can change policy there? Heard of Mikhail Khodorkovsky?

After all Russia is now capitalist isn't it? Your theory is not foolproof but i get your point
i don't think so, I know so, but only truly patriotic (bordering on the xenophobic) businessmen can. or is there any law that stops them from diversifying from easy oil money into consumer goods ET al

soon oil won't matter and then you can 'elect ' a New president

not easy i know
hence the patriotism(or greed)

trust me economics took down the Tokugawa dynasty
no rule as totalitarian as that of the samurai

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dasukigate: N850m Paid Into Buhari Pa’s Access Bank Account Number 0045586381 / Buhari Presents 1.7 Billion For 2016 Asa Rock Feeding / Let Me Explain What Happened In Courts Today So You Won't Be Misled (abia State)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.