Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,006 members, 7,883,475 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 11:23 AM

2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker (7367 Views)

Just Saw A Toyota Ferari In Lagos Street. / This Amazing Toyota Tundrasine Is A Toyota Tundra Limousine (photos) / Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:36pm On May 06, 2018
Kashif:
Please, can someone educate me on why Murano transmissions are such a nightmare for Nigerians? Last week, I heard an owner sold his for 300k after transmission issues.

Cc Gazzuzz, Honmusa, Nissparts, timifakay, Denn et al

big boss, no once once we dey sight u..... like buhari lol...but anywia I see u ehn I go turn paparazzi.

the problem with that tranny is lack of technical know how. the infrastructure and knowledge for handling such tech isn't too rampant in Nigeria.

exactly what I have been shouting about.

only a select few can maintain such Tech and it's not nationwide.

bring that kinda vehicle to abakaliki without relocating people or persons that will be servicing it for u ehn and that's the end
first service, kazeem will want to help u fill the fluid to the brim with jezco atf... and that's how u will spend 200k to change it then still sell it 250k

1 Like

Re: 2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker by Kashif(m): 8:14pm On May 06, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

big boss, no once once we dey sight u..... like buhari lol...but anywia I see u ehn I go turn paparazzi.

the problem with that tranny is lack of technical know how. the infrastructure and knowledge for handling such tech isn't too rampant in Nigeria.

exactly what I have been shouting about.

only a select few can maintain such Tech and it's not nationwide.

bring that kinda vehicle to abakaliki without relocating people or persons that will be servicing it for u ehn and that's the end
first service, kazeem will want to help u fill the fluid to the brim with jezco atf... and that's how u will spend 200k to change it then still sell it 250k

LOL! Buhari ke grin Your boy dey o.

I am curious. Is it not the same CVT we have in other Nissans? Maybe they use ATF instead of CVTF on those?

I know there are problems with the flow control valves but the failure is just too much. Do they also bungle replacement units? No one wants to near them.
Re: 2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker by timifakay(m): 8:28pm On May 06, 2018
Kashif:
Please, can someone educate me on why Murano transmissions are such a nightmare for Nigerians? Last week, I heard an owner sold his for 300k after transmission issues.

Cc Gaz.zuzz, Hon.musa, Nis.sparts, tim.ifakay, De.nn et al

Because Nissan cvt oil which is same thing as Abro is too expensive...
Re: 2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker by Kashif(m): 8:36pm On May 06, 2018
timifakay:

Because Nissan cvt oil which is same thing as Abro is too expensive...

Nissan CVTF same as Abro? I don't understand.
Re: 2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker by diportivo: 8:37pm On May 06, 2018
Kashif:

Do they also bungle replacement units?.

u wan try??

that's how a friend in ibadan was trying to hammer home his point of the CVT being worthless by stating that a mecho close to him changed the trans,and the car didn't even move up to 2km before the gear packed up..... summary is the CVT is a bad thing to own

ofcos they poured abro after installation and were expecting a miracle

na there and then dem decide say na nissan quest transmission sure pass grin
Re: 2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker by diportivo: 8:38pm On May 06, 2018
Kashif:

that's what ogakazeem will tell u na

that one is just costly for nothing

oyel na oyel grin

3 Likes

Re: 2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:47pm On May 06, 2018
Kashif:

LOL! Buhari ke grin Your boy dey o.

I am curious. Is it not the same CVT we have in other Nissans? Maybe they use ATF instead of CVTF on those?

I know there are problems with the flow control valves but the failure is just too much. Do they also bungle replacement units? No one wants to near them.

normally the cvts are very sensitive machines which make them very very difficult for the average car driver to maintain on the long term. they are made for people with a keen understanding of how a car works or those who read manuals and ensure strict compliance..... how many Nigerians read their car manuals? Dem Neva read frsc road signs finish., dem go come carry ababio manual begin read?

secondly it has zero tolerance to abuse... a simple unplugged stuff here and there can cause severe irreparable damage

thirdly the trans does not accept just any fluid like u mentioned. here in SE once u mention gearbox oil, my broda they can even put palm oyel for u inside anything and name it atf.

fourthly the lack of mechanics, technicians and techniques to handle it. the moment u take ur car to a techie for something as unrelated to the gearbox, as; engine not revvingpast 3000rpm, he will just open ur gearbox after opening ur engine - there, right there ..... the trauma begins. like doctor treating cough by performing eye surgery.

lastly and most importantly, the persistent myth about murano and it's gearbox tranny.... when u buy a murano the first thing ur friend tells u is: why na guy... u wan dey buy gear every 6months? they have instilled fear in u already so when something totally unrelated to gearbox... like car not starting occurs.... they invoke that myth into their subconscious and if they manage to fix it by the rough quack and inexperienced hands of a Kareem, after spending a fortune; they will just sell it off immediately @ a devastatingly incredibly cheap price.... even the buyer.... broda; is buying to fix whatever he was not told, drive for six months and resell again.

I would drive a murano, only when:
1. I'm in Lagos full time.
2. I don't give the car to anyone for any reason @ all.
if u r going to the hospital and that car is the only one available and I can't drive, I'll beg Gazuzz to lend u that his premium customer service car that he leases.
3. u r my next door Neighbor That is owing me like 1m that I know u can't pay back. so service is free, from the debt also all vehicle related fees will be handled from that same fee.

OR

4. I'm ur apprentice

1,2 and 3 stand together, 4 stands alone
Re: 2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker by OgaKazeem(m): 9:08pm On May 06, 2018
diportivo:

that's what ogakazeem will tell u na
that one is just costly for nothing
oyel na oyel grin
yes ooo... oyel na oyel oga no waste money. just buy abro put. e go work
Re: 2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker by Kashif(m): 9:24pm On May 06, 2018
diportivo:

u wan try??

that's how a friend in ibadan was trying to hammer home his point of the CVT being worthless by stating that a mecho close to him changed the trans,and the car didn't even move up to 2km before the gear packed up..... summary is the CVT is a bad thing to own

ofcos they poured abro after installation and were expecting a miracle

na there and then dem decide say na nissan quest transmission sure pass grin

Abro in a CVT?! What a shame.
Re: 2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:28pm On May 06, 2018
Kashif:

Abro in a CVT?! What a shame.

latest one I saw last week Thursday was engine oil in a CVT tranny honda city 2007 to be exact. grin
Re: 2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:46pm On May 06, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

latest one I saw last week Thursday was engine oil in a CVT tranny honda city 2007 to be exact. grin

@ kashif, u see now.... this was in Lagos.... central centre of/for excellence..... if this is still happening in Lagos, what of the suburban and suburb and rural areas....... would u advise someone to drive murano there?
whenever I see such cars here, I just get depressed immediately cos I'm sure the owner is spending a fortune on life support for that vehicle
Re: 2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker by Kashif(m): 9:59pm On May 06, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

normally the cvts are very sensitive machines which make them very very difficult for the average car driver to maintain on the long term. they are made for people with a keen understanding of how a car works or those who read manuals and ensure strict compliance..... how many Nigerians read their car manuals? Dem Neva read frsc road signs finish., dem go come carry ababio manual begin read?

secondly it has zero tolerance to abuse... a simple unplugged stuff here and there can cause severe irreparable damage

thirdly the trans does not accept just any fluid like u mentioned. here in SE once u mention gearbox oil, my broda they can even put palm oyel for u inside anything and name it atf.

fourthly the lack of mechanics, technicians and techniques to handle it. the moment u take ur car to a techie for something as unrelated to the gearbox, as; engine not revvingpast 3000rpm, he will just open ur gearbox after opening ur engine - there, right there ..... the trauma begins. like doctor treating cough by performing eye surgery.

lastly and most importantly, the persistent myth about murano and it's gearbox tranny.... when u buy a murano the first thing ur friend tells u is: why na guy... u wan dey buy gear every 6months? they have instilled fear in u already so when something totally unrelated to gearbox... like car not starting occurs.... they invoke that myth into their subconscious and if they manage to fix it by the rough quack and inexperienced hands of a Kareem, after spending a fortune; they will just sell it off immediately @ a devastatingly incredibly cheap price.... even the buyer.... broda; is buying to fix whatever he was not told, drive for six months and resell again.

I would drive a murano, only when:
1. I'm in Lagos full time.
2. I don't give the car to anyone for any reason @ all.
if u r going to the hospital and that car is the only one available and I can't drive, I'll beg Gazuzz to lend u that his premium customer service car that he leases.
3. u r my next door Neighbor That is owing me like 1m that I know u can't pay back. so service is free, from the debt also all vehicle related fees will be handled from that same fee.

OR

4. I'm ur apprentice

1,2 and 3 stand together, 4 stands alone

From most I have read here, these failures are caused by the mechanics. Cvt's are very unforgiving when you use the wrong oil, and we know why. Since most road side mechanics we are used to do not know the difference between these oils, it should become the owner's responsibility to ensure the right oil is used all the time.

Mechanically speaking, cvts are easier to work on, given the tools and parts. They have fewer parts than the AT, only that it has unique characteristics.

Na wa.
Re: 2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker by Kashif(m): 10:02pm On May 06, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

angry angry angry
Re: 2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker by 9icetoo(m): 11:00pm On May 06, 2018
Kashif:

angry angry angry
and the owner will come here to advertise it as;
2008 Honda city for sale;
first body;
used by a woman;
first body;
engine and gear working fine;
Ac on point;
new tires;
absolutely nothing to repair;
you can come with your mechanic;

meanwhile, the gearbox is dead and the mechanic will smile to the bank with 30k from the deal and a future milking to look forward to.
Re: 2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker by timifakay(m): 11:24pm On May 06, 2018
The following post is not a reflection of my beliefs and practice.

Kashif:

Yea. Since both are about the same Colour and were both created for use in gearbox.

GAZZUZZ:

The gear box is old and the seals are weak, so you need thick black oil that won't leak.
Re: 2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker by Denn(m): 6:15am On May 07, 2018
Kashif:

Cc Gazzuzz, Honmusa, Nissparts, timifakay, Denn et al

The Murano issue is simple. The transmission is a CVT. NS-2 fluid is required during service but a whole lot of mechanics will buy either seahorse or abro ATF and use it in servicing it.

Issue is compounded by owners who feel 'transmission is not changing' when in actual fact, the CVT is just doing it's job.

There is a Murano up for sale now in PH at 270k. I would charge 30k for the information to purchase. Engine and transmission not guaranteed.

Cheers
Re: 2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker by diportivo: 6:42am On May 07, 2018
Denn:

There is a Murano up for sale now in PH at 270k. I would charge 30k for the information to purchase. Engine and transmission not guaranteed.

Cheers

oga denn

you know we come a long way na

lemme give u ten kay for this precious info grin

1 Like

Re: 2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker by Denn(m): 6:53am On May 07, 2018
diportivo:

oga denn

you know we come a long way na

lemme give u ten kay for this precious info grin

Lol. I can start whetting your appetite with pictures. Maybe you would up the fee to 40k.

WhatsApp discussions as regards this via 08094893590

Re: 2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker by diportivo: 7:04am On May 07, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

I remember that car grin

Re: 2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker by Kashif(m): 8:04am On May 07, 2018
Denn:

The Murano issue is simple. The transmission is a CVT. NS-2 fluid is required during service but a whole lot of mechanics will buy either seahorse or abro ATF and use it in servicing it.

Issue is compounded by owners who feel 'transmission is not changing' when in actual fact, the CVT is just doing it's job.

Cheers

Nice summary. Thank you
Re: 2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker by wirelessfalcon(m): 7:23am On Nov 18, 2020
Hi, can any of the genius auto expert tell me if
1. the 2016 Nissan Murano comes with the same type of engine in the 2004 model?
2. if the engine sitting system is similar?
3. If the 2mz engine can be fitted into the 2016 model Murano the way this was fitted into the 2004?

I understand all the comments about engine swap, fabrications etc... Just need this information to make some informed decisions.
thank Y'All..
Re: 2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker by BamBamK: 2:16pm On Nov 19, 2020
that's a moving death trap....

Readonee35L:
i was scrolling through autos section and i found a 2004 murano for sale
i opened and the car body looks average, interior needs a little touching based on the seats,
I scrolled for more pictures of the hood, then i saw a Toyota 2MZ-FE V6 Motor instead of the 3.5L VQ35DE V6

The owner must have been frustrated because of the cvt transmission issues ,and thinks the solution is an engine and transmission swap,
Is the engine swap worth it?
The regular engine produces 245hp while the 2mz-fe produces 200hp, 45hp lost

Based on the pictures of the hood, it looks like a neat job , everything in place, if i didn't see the body , i would have argued its a Toyota
because it still uses Electronic Fuel Injection, most local swaps here uses Carburetor .

seller also said it has AC

i think the person that did the conversion tried based on look of things, but a test drive speaks a lot,
if properly done , his car should have a better mpg because the engine is smaller,

Murano is available in AWD and Fwd, i think this one is FWD

You guys should share your thought and what you feel about it

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2786705_img20150826164514_jpeg7fdef2306b38b8934246382fe1e21307
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2786701_img20150826164708_jpeg47a815b8055d75d4b892df14ffdc1cb7
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2786700_img20150826162008_jpeg35dacc237a97222ea497abef5a24a390
Re: 2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker by diportivo: 5:59pm On Nov 19, 2020
wirelessfalcon:
Hi, can any of the genius auto expert tell me if
1. the 2016 Nissan Murano comes with the same type of engine in the 2004 model?
2. if the engine sitting system is similar?
3. If the 2mz engine can be fitted into the 2016 model Murano the way this was fitted into the 2004?

I understand all the comments about engine swap, fabrications etc... Just need this information to make some informed decisions.
thank Y'All..

i am no genius o,but,the engine will fit perfectly

infact,you are better off with either a 5s-fe,or 2uz-fe

so that

the kini can kuku be complete against the premium tears that will flow down the line

I rest my case

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Tips To Prevent A Pot Hole Disaster / 5 Best Car Blogs In Nigeria / Reasons Why Your Car Lean To One Side

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.