Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,926 members, 7,933,338 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 03:24 AM

Segun Odegbami Joins Race For FIFA Presidency - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Segun Odegbami Joins Race For FIFA Presidency (591 Views)

Segun Odegbami Visits Super Eagles In Russia Ahead Of Match With Argentina / Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency / FIFA Presidency : Fashanu Endorses Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Segun Odegbami Joins Race For FIFA Presidency by MAYOWAAK: 6:31pm On Sep 01, 2015
The race to succeed Sepp Blatter as president of Fifa is picking up steam, with Nigeria legend Segun Odegbami announcing his decision to throw his hat into the ring.

Odegbami, also known as ‘Mathematical Odegbami’ – a label he was given because of his masterful exhibition of engineered dribbles, technical control of the ball and goal-scoring skills during his footballing era, believes that FIFA need to purge itself, launder its image, restore its reputation and reinstate integrity into its activities and operations and that this would require a new form of leadership with a renewed vision.

“The current scandal at FIFA is the organisation’s worst crisis in its 111 years of existence. Moving forward, FIFA thus require a new era of leadership that can restore the dignity of the noble sport and that of this esteemed international institution with global followership,” he said in a press release.

"Times like this call for all concerned members of the global football family to contribute to the actualization of renewed objectives for FIFA by electing a deserving and qualified person, with the right character that can achieve the desired goals and restore confidence and integrity to the organization and its activities. The world is very interested in who becomes the next President of FIFA, considering the present image and state of this institution and I see myself fitting into this role”

Regarded as one of the greatest Nigerian footballers of all time, he is recognised by many to have the clout both on and off the field to command the top job in football.

He joins the already crowded race with the likes of former Abia State governor Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu, UEFA prseident Mitchel Platini, Brazil legend Zico, Liberian FA chief Musa Bility and Diego Maradona all declaring their interest in the FIFA top job.

http://isoccerng.com/news/2015/09/odegbami-joins-race-for-fifa-presidency
Re: Segun Odegbami Joins Race For FIFA Presidency by ayokunlei(m): 6:32pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ok
Re: Segun Odegbami Joins Race For FIFA Presidency by RemyMartins(m): 6:35pm On Sep 01, 2015
APC or PDP?
Re: Segun Odegbami Joins Race For FIFA Presidency by eleko1: 6:41pm On Sep 01, 2015
A waste of time.Those White peeps have already Knw/elect the next fever embarassed president.The next thing nah formality.person wey neva become NFA siaman dey giraffe go Fifa own sad
Re: Segun Odegbami Joins Race For FIFA Presidency by kento12: 6:51pm On Sep 01, 2015
nice...... lets go win
Re: Segun Odegbami Joins Race For FIFA Presidency by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 01, 2015
add me up on watsapp to join a large community of football fans on watsapp jst add me and tell me ur name and ur club thanx heres my number

(1) (Reply)

Watch And Download Video: Dinamo Zagreb 2-1 Arsenal / Guilty As Charged: Diego Costa Hands Three-match Ban For Violent Conduct / Why Obafemi Martins Must Return Back To Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.