Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,280 members, 7,943,618 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 07:40 PM

I Resigned And Not Paid Should I Sue Them - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Resigned And Not Paid Should I Sue Them (637 Views)

Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month / I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? / I Resigned From The "Land Of Slavery" In 2015, My Testimony Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Resigned And Not Paid Should I Sue Them by Krisben4343: 3:57am On Sep 02, 2015
Hello Nairalanders? Greetings to you all.
Please I have a question about a company I worked and I would need your advice on how to deal with this situation please.
For the past 4 years I worked in a Lebanese owned telecom company. The pressure was the type that hardly anyone could bear. When I believed I could not cope any more, especially when the hazard of the job is threatening my life as a young man, I decided to drop my resignation letter immediately so I could do something better with my life.
My question now is:
1. Am I not supposed to have a payoff, no matter how small it is, since I have worked for 4 years?
2. Its now 1 month since I left and I have not gotten anything from them yet, does it take that long to get cleared financially?
3. How should I follow up with them to get my pay?
Note: some times back the company fired more than 200 field staff a day, and immediately within 2 days they paid them off with 200k each irrespective of how long they worked for them. Why should it be difficult to pay me off since I resigned and not fired?
Thanks friends, your matured answer will be appreciated.
Re: I Resigned And Not Paid Should I Sue Them by olafum1(m): 5:04am On Sep 02, 2015
Now....
1.. In d company policy; do they payoff those who voluntarily resigned?
2. Had they given u any commitment to pay u off?
3. If yes; then u can relax and follow up every time until they pay
*but if not, and ur expectation of a payoff is based on assumption, then u r in d long run o(in Adesina's voice). By the way; go back there asap an clear it out with them that u r to be paid.. Try, get a commitment from them that they r going to pay...wish u well. cool
Re: I Resigned And Not Paid Should I Sue Them by Taich(m): 5:05am On Sep 02, 2015
Yes I think u ve a case but, answer some questions 1st. When u first joined what was written on ur contract with the company? Was it stated that u will be paid off? Go and check the contract again then u will see how best to deal with the situation. I don't blame them Lebanese, I blame Adams who bastardised our labour law.
Re: I Resigned And Not Paid Should I Sue Them by fromnigeria(m): 5:42am On Sep 02, 2015
olafum1:
Now....
1.. In d company policy; do they payoff those who voluntarily resigned?
2. Had they given u any commitment to pay u off?
3. If yes; then u can relax and follow up every time until they pay
*but if not, and ur expectation of a payoff is based on assumption, then u r in d long run o(in Adesina's voice). By the way; go back there asap an clear it out with them that u r to be paid.. Try, get a commitment from them that they r going to pay...wish u well. cool
You said it all.

(1) (Reply)

My Job Hunting Experience / What A Story / Turn The Simple Knowledge You Already Have To Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.