Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,345 members, 7,888,101 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:18 PM

100 Days Of Change In Abia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 100 Days Of Change In Abia (596 Views)

Fashola Calls For A Change In House Rent Collection System In Nigeria / Buhari Addressed The Issue Of ‘first 100 Days In Office In UK / PMB's 100 Days Of Restoring Sanity, Accountability, Hope & Lost Glory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

100 Days Of Change In Abia by offorkansi: 11:37am On Sep 02, 2015
They called him a stooge, an errand boy of Ochendo. They accused him of signing a pact to part with a sizeable chunk of the state allocation every month to service his godfather. They ignored his sterling academic credentials and donned him in the garb of a powerless puppet. But, Abians saw beyond their propaganda and reposed their mandate in him.

Today, something beautiful is happening in Aba. A city once abandoned to rot and decay is wearing a new look. Even the deaf can hear the roaring sound of bulldozers clearing the earth for construction; the blind can see that government no longer exists only on billboards. It is only 100 days but the people can feel the impact of government.

The speed with which the governor deployed men and resources to the task of rebuilding dilapidated infrastructure in the premier commercial center of Eastern Nigeria, demonstrates that he is a man prepared for leadership and puts to lie the erroneous claim by his detractors that he is a mere stooge ill equipped to govern the state.

The real change is in Abia! 22 road projects are ongoing as I write. From Ukaegbu road to Umuojima road, from the decrepit Kamalu road to the notorious Old express road, contractors are working tirelessly to beat the deadline. Gutters that have been abandoned for decades are being opened up while the Aba river is being dredged to curtail the maddening floods that wreak havoc in the city when it rains.

Ghost workers that have fleeced the state 160 million naira every year have been weeded out without raising dust. The display of obscene wealth, distraction from praise singers, and sycophancy has been removed from the corridors of power. In its place, a serious government, a responsible and responsive leadership have emerged. You can see it as the governor crisscrosses the State daily, inspecting projects instead of sitting in the comfort of his air conditioned office.

Abia has long yearned for this kind of leadership; a leadership that understands the need of her people and has the requisite competence to unleash the economic potentials of Aba. That kind of leadership is what we have today under the captainship of Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu. In Ikpeazu, Abia has a leader who is obsessed with changing the face of the State, a man whose loyalty lies with the people not with any godfather.

For those still in court challenging the mandate freely given to him by Ndi Abia, it is imperative to remind them of the admonition of the holy book in Psalms 75vs7, 'it is God alone who judges, he decides who will rise and fall'. The destiny of Abia can only be decided by God and not by the chicanery of SAN’s.

Honest Offor hails from Isuikwuato Local Government area.

Re: 100 Days Of Change In Abia by EasternLion: 12:06pm On Sep 02, 2015
The man dey try small. Been there, seen and I must commend him.

2 Likes

Re: 100 Days Of Change In Abia by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 02, 2015
wow
awesome

1 Like

Re: 100 Days Of Change In Abia by kestolove95(m): 12:14pm On Sep 02, 2015
Caretaker governor...alex utti is coming
Re: 100 Days Of Change In Abia by Ojiofor: 12:25pm On Sep 02, 2015
Alex Otti loading...........98%
Re: 100 Days Of Change In Abia by ndufrank: 12:26pm On Sep 02, 2015
It is good to see Abia State in the news for the right reasons.Based on stories I've heard of this Ikpeazu,I think he is actually raising the bar of governance in his state and that's commendable. Kudos Mr Ikpeazu, You are a true Biafran son.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Declares 270 Cattle, Mud Houses, N30m, Others • Osinbajo Worth $900,000, / I Will Name My Cabinet This Month-president Buhari / Saraki's Theft And Looting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.