Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,370 members, 7,929,156 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 10:10 AM

Beware Of This Zenith Bank Phishing Scam - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware Of This Zenith Bank Phishing Scam (1836 Views)

Two Nigerians Jailed For £1m Phishing Scam In U.K. / Zenith Bank Robbery: IMSU Graduate Arrested / Police Foil Robbery Attack At Zenith Bank In Lagos (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of This Zenith Bank Phishing Scam by DaBullIT(m): 6:55pm On Sep 02, 2015
Got this mail today September 2nd it's the latest scam

Dear Customer

This is to bring to your notice that your ZenithDirect account has been listed for SUSPENSION.

This is because you have not validated/registered your Biometric Verification Number with your ZenithDirect account.

Follow this reference to START VALIDATION / REGISTRATION

All information must be filled correctly

NOTE: All atm and internet banking channel will be disabled and your remote access will be blocked within 12 hours failure to comply

Thank you for banking with ZenithBank

The link redirects to
http://gtiua.com/database/html/principle/users/deactivation//view.htm

Re: Beware Of This Zenith Bank Phishing Scam by Namady(m): 6:58pm On Sep 02, 2015
Some silly Niccurs still fall for this kian scam!

Poor Nigerians
Re: Beware Of This Zenith Bank Phishing Scam by SUGARBEE(f): 6:59pm On Sep 02, 2015
Hmmm

[size=15pt]#SUGARBEE[/size]
Re: Beware Of This Zenith Bank Phishing Scam by reviewnaija: 6:48pm On Sep 03, 2015
Got the e-mail as well but the link didn't work so I logged into my Zenith account and was able to successfully execute a transaction...which led me to believe the e-mail must have been a scam. Thanks for confirming!
Re: Beware Of This Zenith Bank Phishing Scam by DaBullIT(m): 11:25am On Sep 05, 2015
It may seem incredulous , but you took a risk signing into your account, the link may have been designed not to load, but covertly install keylogger on your brower , If i were you , i would scan my system for malwares before logging in or better still check from your phone ( Iif you previously used a PC )and change your password instantly

reviewnaija:
Got the e-mail as well but the link didn't work so I logged into my Zenith account and was able to successfully execute a transaction...which led me to believe the e-mail must have been a scam. Thanks for confirming!
Re: Beware Of This Zenith Bank Phishing Scam by DaBullIT(m): 11:26am On Sep 05, 2015
Internet is relatively new in Nigeria , Internet banking is , out of 100,000 internet savy users , i am sure at least 20,000 still do not know the risks of internet banking and can not tell what's real from what's not, Bank owes its customer the duty of security and awareness campaign it is simple, DO NOT CLICK ANY LINKS

Namady:
Some silly Niccurs still fall for this kian scam!

Poor Nigerians

(1) (Reply)

Amnesty International: Victims Of SARS Torture/murder Confesses / 1 / Students Of Godfrey Okoye University Protest About Insecurity In Female Hostels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.