Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,735 members, 7,875,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:08 PM

Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) (27012 Views)

See The State Of PHCN Pole In Ojodu, Lagos (Photos) / A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) / Bus Conductor Suddenly Runs Mad In Ikorodu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 02, 2015
dis ting odi ka very risky esp during rainfall kwanu,hope no1 is hurt?
Re: Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
fake pole!
Re: Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) by sasquareT(m): 9:46pm On Sep 02, 2015
We must probe EDC ooo
Re: Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) by millionboi(m): 9:51pm On Sep 02, 2015
Apc lookin 4who 2kill since may 29
Re: Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) by Gee15: 10:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
ShineuEye:
Buhari's body language couldn't stop this one from breaking, shame.

Meanwhile buhari's body language gave me unfettered access to the internet today.

Text "Buhari" to 419 for your chance to get unlimited internet access.

Must you mention Mr president name to this .
Re: Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) by dayo23(f): 10:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
That an RCC pole, probably didn't pass through required Test in the concrete laboratory before been approved. That Civil & Electrical Engineer that approved that work failed woefully
Re: Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) by sammie92: 10:12pm On Sep 02, 2015
dayo23:
That an RCC pole, probably didn't pass through required Test in the concrete laboratory before been approved. That Civil & Electrical Engineer that approved that work failed woefully
. For the sake of clarity, the idea of using Rcc pole should not be entertained, as often times many of these pole can not withstand WIND LOAD.rather a prestressed concrete pole should be encouraged by relevant authorities.
Re: Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) by menxer: 10:17pm On Sep 02, 2015
Why would it not break when they used 3mm 'rod' to reinforce the concrete? grin
Re: Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) by digitalcare: 10:18pm On Sep 02, 2015
PHCN need to be probe for installation of Substandard pole .EFCC/ICPC note!
Re: Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) by chax100(f): 10:22pm On Sep 02, 2015
wise7:
What you get when you use substandard material

Hope no one was injured sha

This is called critical buckling of a column, in most cases it is as a result of inadequate factor of safety and errors in calculation parameters. I think this column is fixed at one end and free at the other. There is a particular coefficient to be adopted in this case.
Re: Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) by 9jatatafo(m): 10:26pm On Sep 02, 2015
What do you expect when they use one paint rubber of cement to mix 5 wheelbarrow load of sand and gravel?
Re: Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 02, 2015
Re: Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 02, 2015
Hmmm me when like to stand under pole smoke..hian my safe haven no safe afterall
Re: Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) by alsudaes1(m): 10:50pm On Sep 02, 2015
wise7:
What you get when you use substandard material

Hope no one was injured sha

look at those ones relaxing on the broken Pole (last pix, if it falls on their feet, they'll say it's Baba's body language that caused it
Re: Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) by tsdarkside(m): 10:51pm On Sep 02, 2015
no iron inside the pole,of course it will break,,,what interess me is,when was it built?? i suspect in jonathans era.......extremly corrupt people......

glad nobody died...
Re: Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) by USAutoBuy(m): 11:09pm On Sep 02, 2015
tsdarkside:
no iron inside the pole,of course it will break,,,what interess me is,when was it built?? i suspect in jonathans era.......extremly corrupt people......
glad nobody died...

There is iron inside that is why all of it does not fall into pieces. The problem is the concrete mix. People want the cheapest stuff. That is what they will get

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) by hummerfour(m): 11:20pm On Sep 02, 2015
fake pole dey market too
may b we will start to import EDC pole frm ghana ?
Re: Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) by slightlyMad(f): 12:37am On Sep 03, 2015
No it did not break and fall, it fell then broke in the process

if you look at the breaking point, it is simply as a result of the collision with the mini gate
those who dug the hole should be held responsible
Re: Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) by Rixy007(m): 3:16am On Sep 03, 2015
Dem no wan get light for dat area fa tongue
Re: Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) by dayo23(f): 4:50am On Sep 03, 2015
sammie92:
. For the sake of clarity, the idea of using Rcc pole should not be entertained, as often times many of these pole can not withstand WIND LOAD.rather a prestressed concrete pole should be encouraged by relevant authorities.
Bros relax, in RCC (Reinforced Cement Concrete ) the structures is reinforced with steel. The steel takes tension and the concrete compression.
In the case of PSC the steel inside is pre stressed in the opposite direction so as to make it take more loads. In Nigeria at large the RCC is better and that why NIPP uses it for all there Project nationwide
Re: Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) by passionz(f): 7:09am On Sep 03, 2015
ShineuEye:

Meanwhile buhari's body language gave me unfettered access to the internet today.

Na wa to una! always ready to blame that old man! he promised change! yes we know but if you wanna see change, change yourself! I'm not a lover of politics but the way u reason is quite not a reasonable way! no offence!'Pray for ur country n don't condemn the President,
Re: Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) by moshmod101(m): 8:11am On Sep 03, 2015
So some mental people dey blame PMB for dis fallen pole...when it was installed during d clueless ones regime... why not give Jonathan d credit too since satanoid said he's d Messiah of d constant electricity we now enjoying... HYPOCRISY!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) by sweetgala(m): 8:18am On Sep 03, 2015
Why are they installing concrete poles ,concrete is too heavy and the moment of inertia is not always ideal for a very long rigid structure, wood poles are best if the wood is quality and well cured

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) by Ephemmm: 9:21am On Sep 03, 2015
ShineuEye:

If you are provident enough(which I doubt), you could have realized that this is one of the legacies Jonathandaft left behind for Nigerian.
Re: Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) by hob(m): 10:40am On Sep 03, 2015
Thats how they installed one on my street and the pole start toh dey bend.....

Substandard work i guess
Re: Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) by olakunle456: 1:51pm On Sep 03, 2015
you are sick, you better accept your fate and let the sleeping Dog lies. Buhari has won and nothing you can do about that so stop castigating, or you can coll electricity transformer. gbam
ShineuEye:

Re: Newly Installed PHCN Pole Suddenly Breaks & Falls (Photo) by tsdarkside(m): 12:28pm On Sep 04, 2015
USAutoBuy:

There is iron inside that is why all of it does not fall into pieces. The problem is the concrete mix. People want the cheapest stuff. That is what they will get

but its too little iron,for the balast it has to carry...this wires are very heavy.......

(1) (2) (Reply)

Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? / A Snake Killed In My Lodge / Ado-Awaye: The 7 Wonders Of The Mysterious Town In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.