Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,807 members, 7,905,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 10:17 PM

Do You Think I Was Wrong - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do You Think I Was Wrong (722 Views)

7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University / How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning / ‘I Was 18 When I Started Driving A Truck’ – Female Driver (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think I Was Wrong by admirable22: 9:48am On Sep 03, 2015
please am heading a department in my place of work , I instruted my staff to do something in the office which she refuses doing i gave her a space of four days to do that which she did bt nt as d standard. on the fourth day she left the office, before the closing time i queeried her after series of plee from her colleague i forgave her,the next day she did nt come to work knowing fully well how busy the office was, on coming to work the next day she came to me with a resignation latter which i acknwnledge and wish her well in her life dealings with d advice that she need to be a good girl that it would be better for her to leave on a good note than leaving with d bad attitude xter. bt my problem nw is that after three weeks my oga ie the overall manager called her back to start work without even a talk to me nor a call though I and the overall manager are good frnds bt i felt its a bad precedent, nt good for the companies policy i sent d gal going, that was when the manager called me to tell me that he ask the girl to come i told him that the girl has resign and that if she must come bk she has to reapply ,and that its a bad precedent to d company and that if such discussion need to b made that i need to b informed at least that am nt allowing the girl to work in my department that aside frm d company that it was a slid on me . this morning i greated him he responds were so cold unlike him, though i ave resolve to allow the gal if she comes bk bt was i wrong i felt he is nt happy i respect him nt minding that we are frnds
Re: Do You Think I Was Wrong by debbie(f): 11:27am On Sep 03, 2015
First there is a scene that is playing out which you may not know about.Well what you did is what is expected of you professionally to do.Whatever reason the girl gave for resigning and whatever decision your Boss took to bring her back is what you still dont know.As for your friendship with the Boss try to be cordial and dont necessarily bring up the girls matter.Unless he bring it up.
I want to ask (without disrespect) did you have anything to do with the girl? The sudden behavior towards your instructions and reactions didn't come from the ordinary i guess.
In office etiquette i dont see the reason why she will summon up courage to disobey your orders and instruction.....so you have to also be clear to address what originated this.
The bottom line is that daily in our work places we are faced with situations that brings our the very character in us.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think I Was Wrong by admirable22: 1:22pm On Sep 03, 2015
tanx i ave noting to do wit d gal cos i ave choosen to learn frm pples mistake i ave seen where smbody was messed up cos of silly office relationship that i cnt try expecially wit my staff and a juinor staff for my boss if we must talk abt it, it has to open it up
Re: Do You Think I Was Wrong by debbie(f): 1:38pm On Sep 03, 2015
Good to know.Move on with your job and duties.Dont dig into what you dont want to be webbed into.It is obvious that recalling her back will affect your working relationship with your Boss and how you relate with her ( that is if she will still be working under you).

Keep every communication as professional as possible.
Trust me it wont be easy to handle.....but you must act mature and wise to save yourself.
Re: Do You Think I Was Wrong by debbydee(f): 2:11pm On Sep 03, 2015
well said. Move on and don't bother yourself about anything. You did the right thing. With your oga at the TOP i think there is more to it.
Re: Do You Think I Was Wrong by admirable22: 3:55pm On Sep 03, 2015
@ debbydee and debbie tanx i have choosen to do my job proffesionally.
Re: Do You Think I Was Wrong by obajoey(m): 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2015
I guess u dont know your overall manager and the lady in question very well. You now need wisdom to cope with the situation of things. Now you will start working in pretence just to uncover the mystery that influenced your boss decision which will affect your relationship with both parties.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think I Was Wrong by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 03, 2015
admirable22:
please am heading a department in my place of work , I instruted my staff to do something in the office which she refuses doing i gave her a space of four days to do that which she did bt nt as d standard. on the fourth day she left the office, before the closing time i queeried her after series of plee from her colleague i forgave her,the next day she did nt come to work knowing fully well how busy the office was, on coming to work the next day she came to me with a resignation latter which i acknwnledge and wish her well in her life dealings with d advice that she need to be a good girl that it would be better for her to leave on a good note than leaving with d bad attitude xter. bt my problem nw is that after three weeks my oga ie the overall manager called her back to start work without even a talk to me nor a call though I and the overall manager are good frnds bt i felt its a bad precedent, nt good for the companies policy i sent d gal going, that was when the manager called me to tell me that he ask the girl to come i told him that the girl has resign and that if she must come bk she has to reapply ,and that its a bad precedent to d company and that if such discussion need to b made that i need to b informed at least that am nt allowing the girl to work in my department that aside frm d company that it was a slid on me . this morning i greated him he responds were so cold unlike him, though i ave resolve to allow the gal if she comes bk bt was i wrong i felt he is nt happy i respect him nt minding that we are frnds

That guy is fvcking the girl in question and that's why she has so much guts.
The guy is not your friend and if he has an opportunity to make you lose your job he will not hesitate to oblige.
He is immature and you should avoid relations with him
You did the right thing... But be carefull men can do stvpid things because of pvssy... Protect ur job.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fiber Optics Certification In Lagos Nigeria / Free Online Classes You Can Take(and Finish) In 10weeks And Add To Your CV / Numerical Discipline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.