Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,211 members, 7,880,776 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:38 AM

"I Was Arrested And Detained For 190k'' - Linda Ikeji Reveals Her Life Story - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "I Was Arrested And Detained For 190k'' - Linda Ikeji Reveals Her Life Story (1127 Views)

Laura Ikeji Reveals How Rapper Eedris Abdulkareem Made Her A Decent Woman / Linda Ikeji Reveals How She Hid Her Baby Bump As She Clarifies Celibacy Statemen / Laura Ikeji Reveals She Is Pregnant Expecting Her First Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Was Arrested And Detained For 190k'' - Linda Ikeji Reveals Her Life Story by callistus124: 8:55am On Sep 04, 2015
[img]http://1.bp..com/-17mrHnTeEw0/VeehLeFyvxI/AAAAAAAGdWE/3ulxZoSWxEY/s320/linda.jpg[/img]
Nigerians veteran blogger, Linda Ikeji on her life story which she published today titled "What inspired !'d Rather be self made" has revealed her life story. She recounted her hustling life, how she start her hustling life in 1998 as a model when she was 17, subsequently started Blackdove Communications in 2004 at the age of 23+. She published her first magazine in 2006 called FM&B magazines.
She successfully published her 1st, 2nd and 3rd magazines until she was stuck on the 4th publication.
However, she had to borrow 350k from community bank to complete her publication.
"I needed N350k and I was determined to print this magazine. I wanted it to succeed by all means so I decided to do something I'd never done before. I went to the bank to get a loan." She said.

She eventually got this loan but couldn't pay up at the appointed time. Consequently, she was arrested and detained by Special Fraud Unit, Ikoyi.
According to her story;

"They said they were men from the Special Fraud Unit, Ikoyi, and they had been sent to bring me to their office to answer for a loan I took from a community bank and refused to pay back. I was going to ride in their marked anti-fraud unit car - sandwiched between two men.

I didn't want my parents to know what was going on (it would have killed my mum) so I quickly went back in, put on more appropriate clothes, told Sandra to follow their car in my car so she would go with me to their office. I remember sitting in that vehicle as they took me to their office in Ikoyi, and wondering how I got to that point. It was like a nightmare. I couldn't believe it was happening. I got to their office and they made me sit down in front an officer who was handling the case. (Sandra was allowed in but she was sitting in another area.).

The officer brought out my case file, and said I was owing the bank N190k for almost a year and I wasn't going to leave their custody until the money was made available. You know, I've had bad days in my life...I mean, who hasn't? But up until that point, I'd never felt worse in my life. Nothing I'd ever experienced up until that day, sitting in front of this man, and beside other offenders/debtors, was anything close to this. Nothing! Even now, I can't even express how I felt that day, what was going through my mind. I felt like a failure. I remember my eyes welled up, because I knew I didn't have N190k and I didn't know anyone who could loan me. I started to explain to the officer, then I began to beg...and I talked and talked and then I began to cry. I couldn't believe the situation I was in. I knew it would break my parents hearts if they found out where I was."

Fortunately for her, she was able to pay up the debt through her friends.
Nothing lasts forever!! She finally started up blogging in 2010......... I think you know the rest of the story.
This is a heart touching story of a Veteran Nigerian!!
Taking risk is the key to success!!
SOURCE:http://www.gistpool.com/2015/09/i-was-arrested-and-detained-for-190k.html
Re: "I Was Arrested And Detained For 190k'' - Linda Ikeji Reveals Her Life Story by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 04, 2015
The life of a Nigerian hustler. When you hustle well, with God on your side you will definitely make it in life. Not just sitting on your butt @ home and praying/wishing for a miracle...... I remembered the day we met (Linda and I) @ an advertising company, GRA Ikeja, she actually came to me and asked me to give her my picture and details that she has a Modelling job for me (this was Sept 2005, exactly 10 years ago! How time flies!), only a lady that knows what she wants will go all out fighting for it, cos the other girls that started their modelling outfit around that same time with air of arrogance all around them are nowhere to be found now! WORK & PRAY and you won't be disappointed! Sup Linda, regards to Sandra anytime, my favourite!
Re: "I Was Arrested And Detained For 190k'' - Linda Ikeji Reveals Her Life Story by menix(m): 9:00am On Sep 04, 2015
Hmm
Re: "I Was Arrested And Detained For 190k'' - Linda Ikeji Reveals Her Life Story by AngryNigerian(m): 9:01am On Sep 04, 2015
Determination always pays!
Re: "I Was Arrested And Detained For 190k'' - Linda Ikeji Reveals Her Life Story by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 04, 2015
Re: "I Was Arrested And Detained For 190k'' - Linda Ikeji Reveals Her Life Story by Greyworld: 9:04am On Sep 04, 2015
Notin much falls into a mans lot in the first try.
Re: "I Was Arrested And Detained For 190k'' - Linda Ikeji Reveals Her Life Story by theplushist: 9:06am On Sep 04, 2015
See Linda Ikeji rocking all white. 8 Times here! www.theplushist.com/linda-ikeji-rocks-all-white

She deserves to spend her money!
Re: "I Was Arrested And Detained For 190k'' - Linda Ikeji Reveals Her Life Story by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 04, 2015
To become a man no be one day job o. To become a woman no be how many days job. Who fit answer the question?
Re: "I Was Arrested And Detained For 190k'' - Linda Ikeji Reveals Her Life Story by maestromedal(m): 9:41am On Sep 04, 2015
Hmmm
Re: "I Was Arrested And Detained For 190k'' - Linda Ikeji Reveals Her Life Story by Chestar5(f): 10:54am On Sep 04, 2015
Its not easy to make 'em money kiss
#Hustling tingz on pointcheesy

(1) (Reply)

I Was A Graphic Artist Before Olamide Signed Me – Adekunle Gold / Floyd Mayweather Spends More - I Like My Gloves Just Like My Money ... GREEN!! / Yummy Mum, Tiwa Savage LOVELY In New Selfies | Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.