Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,041 members, 7,916,012 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 01:56 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (471) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1365009 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jeansmithy18: 10:37am On Dec 09, 2019
Good morning, please who knows if IOM contacts people that their sputum test result is out because my 8 weeks is due today and i dont know if i should just walk in and ask or call first.
ademola020:
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tobexin(m): 11:30am On Dec 09, 2019
I called the home office this morning and they told me a decision had been made on my application but I haven’t gotten any decision mail or pick up mail yet. What did u guys think I should do? I am only in haste just because I need my passport to travel elsewhere this week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Arubajagz: 12:48pm On Dec 09, 2019
law001:
Good evening my good people.

Please I need assistance on evidence of funds

I have £16,200 in my account (using the official converter on ukvi)

My my fees balance plus 9 months upkeep is £16830.

I don't have any other money to add to my account. Will this affect my chances? I'm really worried.

Thanks once more mimilyrics. I did my TB test yesterday.

BEST THING TO DO IN SUCH CASES IS TO PAY EXTRA TUITION DEPOSIT TO THE SCHOOL TO COVER THE DIFFERENCE. THAT WAY YOUR ACCOUNT BALANCE REMAINS UNTOUCHED FOR 28 DAYS AND YOU STILL MEET THE MINIMUM 9 MONTHS MAINTENANCE FUNDS PLUS BALANCE OF TUITION REQUIRED
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Abiscoco: 1:07pm On Dec 09, 2019
Arubajagz:

BEST THING TO DO IN SUCH CASES IS TO PAY EXTRA TUITION DEPOSIT TO THE SCHOOL TO COVER THE DIFFERENCE. THAT WAY YOUR ACCOUNT BALANCE REMAINS UNTOUCHED FOR 28 DAYS AND YOU STILL MEET THE MINIMUM 9 MONTHS MAINTENANCE FUNDS PLUS BALANCE OF TUITION REQUIRED

The person isn't talking about 28 days na. They said they dont have anymore money to add. To the poster, it will definitely affect your chances if the money you need isn't up to what you have. So I understand your plight but you gathered 16200 pounds, God will give you the grace to get the remaining. Just try and get it through every necessary means.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 1:16pm On Dec 09, 2019
Rather address to Abuja, British High Commissioner.
Abiscoco:
If I'm doing biometrics in Abuja and I want to submit a letter. Will it still be addressed to British Deputy High Commissioner, 11 Walter Carrington Crescent,
Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 1:17pm On Dec 09, 2019
Call in and inquire.
jeansmithy18:
Good morning, please who knows if IOM contacts people that their sputum test result is out because my 8 weeks is due today and i dont know if i should just walk in and ask or call first.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 1:18pm On Dec 09, 2019
Details on this thread.
The last 50 pages will give clear cut answer.
Jamir20:
Good morning. Please what are the docs I'll be needing /payments I'll be making during my online application for a tier 4 visa? I know my statement of acct will be needed. What else please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by AmbHenry92(m): 1:35pm On Dec 09, 2019
Guys Pounds to naira is rising drastically. This is serious as it may affect fees payed from Nigeria this season. Though not sure it wld affect IHS or Visa fee, as these are currently paid via Dollar and 1 dollar is currently exchanged at 360 naira according to Oanda.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Abiscoco: 2:00pm On Dec 09, 2019
Hello guys. So when I arrive in the UK, I plan to stay with my family for a week before sorting out my accommodation. Do you think it's necessary for them to write a formal accommodation letter that they will be accommodating me when I arrive? Or it can affect my application negatively?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:06pm On Dec 09, 2019
AmbHenry92:
Guys Pounds to naira is rising drastically. This is serious as it may affect fees payed from Nigeria this season. Though not sure it wld affect IHS or Visa fee, as these are currently paid via Dollar and 1 dollar is currently exchanged at 360 naira according to Oanda.

I noticed , The naira seems to be crashing a lot of late against the pound ........ Those who have the max amount this sudden increase puts them at risk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Plus21: 2:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
please is it possible for Nigerians to get part time msc admission in the UK and also get a student visa from ukvi?

@justwise, zoey1
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 09, 2019
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 2:59pm On Dec 09, 2019
Plus21:
please is it possible for Nigerians to get part time msc admission in the UK and also get a student visa from ukvi?

@justwise, zoey1

NO
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 3:00pm On Dec 09, 2019
Abiscoco:
Hello guys. So when I arrive in the UK, I plan to stay with my family for a week before sorting out my accommodation. Do you think it's necessary for them to write a formal accommodation letter that they will be accommodating me when I arrive? Or it can affect my application negatively?

Not necessary.
Just know the full address of where your family lives, and be able to answer few basic questions about their circumstances m
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jeansmithy18: 3:07pm On Dec 09, 2019
Already did but i didnt get a positive response and i need the results to know my ststys because am supposed to resume january
Zoey1:
Call in and inquire.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 3:56pm On Dec 09, 2019
jeansmithy18:
Already did but i didnt get a positive response and i need the results to know my ststys because am supposed to resume january

Zoey1:
Call in and inquire.

jeansmithy18:

You know you’re a funny dude right?

You already called. You were given an answer. It was not the answer you wanted to hear. You now come to Nairaland to ask a question whose answer you already know.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by coolsec: 4:02pm On Dec 09, 2019
@ justwise nice job you have been doing here , pls I need some advice on a little espitle of my case. 2014 I overstayed my 6months visa due to the demise of a member of the family who invited me , had to stay a little while( made me over stayed my welcome with 2 months) at that time of grief. Was issued an overstayer form on my point of exit. I havent applied for uk visa after then and I emailed the home office and they told me If I have a tanglebible reason for overstaying. About 2 weeks ago I applied for msc in clinical research at Bournemouth University which the uni asked me to snap and send my previous visa if I had been in uk before and for background check for criminal records while in uk which I did . To my suprised I was issued an Unconditional offer few days ago telling me I have met the condition to get enrolled to the University for Sep 2020, then to pay 2000£ fee deposit and all .... @ justwise and elders in the house . What's may be my outcome when applying and should I apply with the evidence that backs up my claim ... pls advice me people as I want to apply with ma family ..

justwise:

You are not ready yet, wait for September admission season and use that time to study the U.K student visa processes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cyberknight: 4:28pm On Dec 09, 2019
coolsec:
@ justwise nice job you have been doing here , pls I need some advice on a little espitle of my case. 2014 I overstayed my 6months visa due to the demise of a member of the family who invited me , had to stay a little while( made me over stayed my welcome with 2 months) at that time of grief. Was issued an overstayer form on my point of exit. I havent applied for uk visa after then and I emailed the home office and they told me If I have a tanglebible reason for overstaying. About 2 weeks ago I applied for msc in clinical research at Bournemouth University which the uni asked me to snap and send my previous visa if I had been in uk before and for background check for criminal records while in uk which I did . To my suprised I was issued an Unconditional offer few days ago telling me I have met the condition to get enrolled to the University for Sep 2020, then to pay 2000£ fee deposit and all .... @ justwise and elders in the house . What's may be my outcome when applying and should I apply with the evidence that backs up my claim ... pls advice me people as I want to apply with ma family ..

Overstaying is indeed a criminal offence under the Immigration Act, but it's not going to show up on a routine background check; those are for actual convictions and I think some ASBOs show up on those checks too (stand to be corrected). So your school will not see any record of your overstay that way.

Was the person who died a family member? (You stated "a member of the family who invited me'). If so, you might fall under the good reason for overstaying category for leniency (however your 2 month overstay is quite long), but if not, you are in trouble with the Home Office. They can ban you from reentry for up to 10 years.

Basically, you wont know till you apply, but if you do apply, make sure you address your overstay and provide evidence of the relationship to the person who died and how your presence there was required in the interim. I'm sure you must be well aware that the Home Office under the Tories is stricter so you must provide compelling evidence.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mrkenth(m): 4:30pm On Dec 09, 2019
Please house is weekend included in the 28days bank statement .. it’s urgent
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:35pm On Dec 09, 2019
Plus21:

@justwise, zoey1

Unfortunately no you can’t.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:39pm On Dec 09, 2019
coolsec:

If you have an evidence to backup the reason for your overstaying then you have nothing to worry about.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:44pm On Dec 09, 2019
mrkenth:

Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by AmbHenry92(m): 5:03pm On Dec 09, 2019
state Of Dillema!

Hello good evening Guys. I applied for msc on Organizational Project Management and was admitted and i have gotten my CAS and have applied for Visa, which wld be ready next week.

But now i just discovered the Same Bounemouth University offers Msc on Information Technology and it is open to student from other academic background provided you have 2:2. It is same fees with my course and even £500 cheaper,
total fee is £14000. And its 18months with additional 12months placement totalling 30 months, that is 2years and 6months duration. Though my present course is 24 months (2yrs). Project management is a nice course but "IT" is on UK job shortage list, so i think i have good chances after studies. My Agency and the school said i could switch on arrival and registration to IT and a new CAS would be issued to me.

But my fear is maths and figures. Yes i am knowledgeable in opererating computer on average level but not indebth especially those data analysis, statistics web packages and designs etc. Though the course said its open to other degree background to come but i dont want to be getting lost in the class as i know more of story telling because i graduated from History and Diplomatic studies in my first degree. So please Tech guys in IT field do you think i can cope. Even though they stated the IT msc is about managing businesses through information technology. I am ready to learn provided it wld enter my head filled with hustling for money already. Lol. But honestly I am trying to weigh both Organizational project management and IT, someone said they are both new to me so its almost same kind of situation i wld go through either way. Which wld be easier or preferable? Thanks

Below is the link of the msc Information Technology.

https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/courses/msc-information-technology

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlaLiberty(m): 5:06pm On Dec 09, 2019
Many thanks.
Emerald27:

The course fees in full.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kode12: 5:17pm On Dec 09, 2019
AmbHenry92:
state Of Dillema!

Hello good evening Guys. I applied for msc on Organizational Project Management and was admitted and i have gotten my CAS and have applied for Visa, which wld be ready next week.

But now i just discovered the Same Bounemouth University offers Msc on Information Technology and it is open to student from other academic background provided you have 2:2. It is same fees with my course and even £500 cheaper,
total fee is £14000. And its 18months with additional 12months placement totalling 30 months, that is 2years and 6months duration. Though my present course is 24 months (2yrs). Project management is a nice course but "IT" is on UK job shortage list, so i think i have good chances after studies. My Agency and the school said i could switch on arrival and registration to IT and a new CAS would be issued to me.

But my fear is maths and figures. Yes i am knowledgeable in opererating computer on average level but not indebth especially those data analysis, statistics web packages and designs etc. Though the course said its open to other degree background to come but i dont want to be getting lost in the class as i know more of story telling because i graduated from History and Diplomatic studies in my first degree. So please Tech guys in IT field do you think i can cope. Even though they stated the IT msc is about managing businesses through information technology. I am ready to learn provided it wld enter my head filled with hustling for money already. Lol. But honestly I am trying to weigh both Organizational project management and IT, someone said they are both new to me so its almost same kind of situation i wld go through either way. Which wld be easier or preferable? Thanks

Below is the link of the msc Information Technology.

https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/courses/msc-information-technology
From the course description, your course isn't really math intensive. Quite a bit more towards the social sciences spectrum. However without a background in IT, you'd need to do quite a bit of personal development to get grounded in foundations of IT, but I don't think that'd be much of a Naija hustler anytime you remember the fees you paid and exchange rate grin. In the interim, YouTube courses would do you some good.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by AmbHenry92(m): 5:28pm On Dec 09, 2019
kode12:

From the course description, your course isn't really math intensive. Quite a bit more towards the social sciences spectrum. However without a background in IT, you'd need to do quite a bit of personal development to get grounded in foundations of IT, but I don't think that'd be much of a Naija hustler anytime you remember the fees you paid and exchange rate grin. In the interim, YouTube courses would do you some good.

Thank you for your contribution. Lol because who dey ask good question no dey loss o.Because on the background picture of the course i saw something that looks like diagram with mathematical figures around, it also looks like chemistry so immediately i started suspecting the course. I no feat shout. Maths and calculation related subjects dealt with me severally in days of Waec. Lol

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by maka11: 5:33pm On Dec 09, 2019
Calm down brother I had similar issue too though I have previous refusals but I was granted my visa I think they send that because they couldn’t meet up with the time to deliver your visa I’m sure you’re gonna hear Good news insha Allah.
kode12:
I just got a mail that my application has not been straight forward and cannot be treated within the target time line. What could be the reason for this please?
I uploaded:
Passport, TB Cert, BSc. Cert, Transcript, IELTS, Account Statement (GBP), Utility bills of my proposed accommodation etc. I've already paid the school fees in full have complete maintenance fee.
@justwise @Zoey1 @LaaJiblik
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 09, 2019
Please can i do a msc degree in library and info science, and hw stressful is it, urgent answer pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by AmbHenry92(m): 5:37pm On Dec 09, 2019
Below is an excerpt of what is written about their Msc IT:

"Whether you have some experience but no formal qualification in Information Technology, or have a first degree in a subject other than Information Technology, this distinctive programme allows graduates without IT qualifications the chance to enter the business computing profession.

As a graduate from this course you'll understand IT from a business perspective, be able to create a systems view of business system development, as well as being able to implement systems.

For many organisations their software infrastructure actually forms a core part of their business function so it is vital that those developing software systems understand how the business process and strategy shape the development of IT applications.

The Information Technology programme exposes graduates to all of these aspects of modern business systems. Instead of focussing on traditional software development, greater emphasis is given to the development of business systems such as web systems and database systems.

The placement option on this degree is an excellent opportunity for you to gain first-hand industry experience. Companies that have taken our Computing students include IBM, Barclays Bank, Lockheed Martin, Sun Microsystems, United Advertising, Hewlett-Packard and British Aerospace.

Potential Job Roles: As an MSc Information Technology graduate, you will be prepared to undertake roles such as:

IT Manager
Web Developer
Database Designer
Software Developer
Usability Engineer"

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tobexin(m): 5:40pm On Dec 09, 2019
akinbo3:

please when did u submit d online visa form.
Want to know if Biometric for Priority Visa is done someday of visa submission?
How many days interval...
Thanks
i submitted my application on 26th of NOV did my biometrics on 28th of Nov alongside interview, collection mail came in today exactly by 2:11PM 9th Dec 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 5:46pm On Dec 09, 2019
Either they are accommodating you or not please note that you have to show maintenance fee in your account.
UKVI does need any accommodation letter.
Abiscoco:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 5:49pm On Dec 09, 2019
Yes
mrkenth:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (646)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.