Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,952 members, 7,873,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:13 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (492) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1352135 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BelleQ: 11:44am On Dec 27, 2019
LagosismyHome:

You didnt understand the question.... it is correct 450 for a one year master program
Ok i stand to be corrected... Thanks for the pointer..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kode12: 11:47am On Dec 27, 2019
@BelleQ the online calculator puts the IHS for a one year MSc @450pounds. I paid $1012.50 for a 2yrs MSc a month ago, which comes roughly to about €750 which is 300+300+150 extra, so what are you saying.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BelleQ: 11:50am On Dec 27, 2019
kode12:
@BelleQ the online calculator puts the IHS for a one year MSc @450pounds. I paid $1012.50 for a 2yrs MSc a month ago, which comes roughly to about €750 which is 300+300+150 extra, so what are you saying.
clarity on the one year masters ish has been made... error accepted...my forte is on masters exceeding one year...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:55am On Dec 27, 2019
Fatsoul:
Thanks for ur response ..God bless u..also I want to include my mother in-law as one of my dependants even tho she’s not traveling with me right now ...am I safe ..thrs a place in the visa form where Dey asked to include those traveling with u and those not traveling with u and also those who depend on u financially..pls advice

Your motherinlaw can not be dependant... see official link to who are classified as dependant

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ibuske: 12:10pm On Dec 27, 2019
Hello house, does anyone have information about UWS( University of West of Scotland)..Course applied for is Social Work... Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jesudaughter(f): 12:24pm On Dec 27, 2019
2 years masters is 24months (300+300 IHS) plus 4 months post study permit (150 IHS) total is 750pounds.

kode12:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kode12: 12:57pm On Dec 27, 2019
BelleQ:
clarity on the one year masters ish has been made... error accepted...my forte is on masters exceeding one year...
Congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Abiscoco: 1:29pm On Dec 27, 2019
BelleQ:

It's not about forte really. A 2 years masters exceeds one year also and the same rule still applies.

If you're doing a full 1 year masters or full 2 years masters. You'll have to add 150 for the extra 4 months that'll be given to you after your course. That's just the simple calculation.

Your masters is 16 months + the automatic 4 months extra making it 20 months. So you're still within 2 years that's why its 600. Because its 300 per year.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 27, 2019
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mallamsaka(m): 4:10pm On Dec 27, 2019
justwise:
Finally part 3 is here please continue posting your questions/inquires here, part2 has reached and passed 500 pages.

See part2 here for your references https://www.nairaland.com/826936/uk-student-visa-tier-4

Documents needed for tier 4 visa application

1. CAS

2. Documents listed in your CAS

3. TB test result

4. School fees + maintenance money

(a) £1,265 per month for living costs if you are studying in inner London for the majority of your study (more than 50% of your study time)

(b) £1,015 per month for living costs if you are studying in outer London or anywhere else in the UK, for the majority of your study (more than 50% of your study time)

The money should be kept in your account for 28days weekends included (school fees + maintenance money) ending no more than
31 days before your application.

5. Add your birth certificate if using parents bank statement.

Only your father/mother or legal guidance can sponsor you

For more update info visit this website https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/623341/T4_Migrant_Guidance_29_June_2017.pdf
good day sir I want to go and meet my big mummy in london she is not really feeling fine what can I do
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kode12: 5:22pm On Dec 27, 2019
Mallamsaka:
good day sir I want to go and meet my big mummy in london she is not really feeling fine what can I do
Ask her about the bus she entered to London, then go there and buy ticket.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Newbetterphase: 5:34pm On Dec 27, 2019
Hello House. I need your candid advice. I want to pay for standard visa fee now.

Is it safe for me to do so?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by frontside007: 5:37pm On Dec 27, 2019
Newbetterphase:
Hello House. I need your candid advice. I want to pay for standard visa fee now.

Is it safe for me to do so?

It might be too late for the Standard visa application. When is your Date of resumption?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mrkenth(m): 5:38pm On Dec 27, 2019
Please house I have printed out my statement of account and I have uploaded it and booked the available date of appointment which is Jan 2nd .. can I touch the money now ?? Since I have already printed the statement? My enrollment date is January 14.. I paid for super priority service.. I hope I’m on point..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kode12: 5:42pm On Dec 27, 2019
mrkenth:
Please house I have printed out my statement of account and I have uploaded it and booked the available date of appointment which is Jan 2nd .. can I touch the money now ?? Since I have already printed the statement? My enrollment date is January 14.. I paid for super priority service.. I hope I’m on point..
No you can not. The money is supposed to be available for your use WHEN IN THE UK, as such it is advisable to leave it AS IS till you're in country.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mrkenth(m): 5:52pm On Dec 27, 2019
kode12:

No you can not. The money is supposed to be available for your use WHEN IN THE UK, as such it is advisable to leave it AS IS till you're in country.
..Noted.. Please I hope with this super priority service I paid for I will meet up with the enrollment date which is January 14th.. My appointment date is Jan 2
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:56pm On Dec 27, 2019
kode12:

I see this comment but is this evidence based.... the rules states the money in the account for 28 days.

That's all...

are we Nigerians the one adding pepper and salt to the rule that the money cannot be touched .

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kode12: 6:19pm On Dec 27, 2019
LagosismyHome:

I see this comment but is this evidence based.... the rules states the money in the account for 28 days.

That's all...

are we Nigerians the one adding pepper and salt to the rule that the money cannot be touched .
I've not read specifically though, however, I've met someone who was requested to show evidence of maintenance funds at point of entry. So what happens in such a situation? I don't think it's worth the risk.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 1stdami(m): 7:25pm On Dec 27, 2019
LagosismyHome:

That's all...

...but why would some schools ask you to reprint the statement of account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Miele(f): 7:38pm On Dec 27, 2019
kode12:

You cannot enter earlier than a month to program start.
You can definitely enter the country more than a month prior to course start date, depending on the entry date that has been issued on your passport.

My uni starts on the 6th of January according to my CAS but I was granted leave of entry 29th of November and I came back into the UK same date and had no issues.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:42pm On Dec 27, 2019
1stdami:

...but why would some schools ask you to reprint the statement of account

At what point do they ask you to
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:54pm On Dec 27, 2019
Mallamsaka:

Visiting Visa will be your only option. Research about visiting Visa but that category you have to be working well to convince that you will come back

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:15pm On Dec 27, 2019
LagosismyHome:

That's all...

No you are wrong, that money is to be spent in the UK and not just to show for 28days then use it, the maintenance money or school fees or both are specifically budgeted to be used in the UK
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:17pm On Dec 27, 2019
Mallamsaka:

This is the wrong thread look for visiting visa thread and ask this question there
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:46pm On Dec 27, 2019
justwise:
[/b]

No you are wrong, that money is to be spent in the UK and not just to show for 28days then use it, the maintenance money or school fees or both are specifically budgeted to be used in the UK

Of course I understand the intention of the money and the purpose of the requirement . Ideally nobody should fall out of status and should be self sufficient for at least one year

However there is no where on the official guide does it says the money should be in place after those 28days .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:15pm On Dec 27, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Of course I understand the intention of the money and the purpose of the requirement . Ideally nobody should fall out of status and should be self sufficient for at least one year

However there is no where on the official guide does it says the money should be in place after those 28days .

There is if you take your time to read the guidance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by aijay998: 9:42pm On Dec 27, 2019
So what if you touch the money after printing your statement of account, would that be a problem?
justwise:
[/b]

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by aijay998: 9:44pm On Dec 27, 2019
So what if you touch the money after printing your statement of account, woukd
justwise:
[/b]

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Newbetterphase: 10:04pm On Dec 27, 2019
frontside007:

It might be too late for the Standard visa application. When is your Date of resumption?

20th January with extension till 17th February
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:16pm On Dec 27, 2019
aijay998:
So what if you touch the money after printing your statement of account, would that be a problem?

Yes its called misrepresentation, this is why Germany has what is called blocked account and i hope the UK does not go that route.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jadue(f): 10:35pm On Dec 27, 2019
Who is going to Coventry in Jan here
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ibuske: 10:59pm On Dec 27, 2019
Ibuske:
Hello house, does anyone have information about UWS( University of West of Scotland)..Course applied for is Social Work... Thank you.

To my fellow learned...please anyone with information about my request. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (646)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.