Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,234 members, 7,887,651 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:54 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1355777 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by marcdeco: 9:15am On Jul 24, 2016
marcdeco:

Thx MrsF
Actually i want to pay the visa and ihs fees using the same account (not the tuition fees) before printing the bank statement as 28 days Is not due yet. There will be some transactions during the 28 days period but balance will still b higher what I need for my application.
Will there be a problem?
Thx for your advices.

Hello guyz
Could you help on the above?i really need your advices to move...
Thx
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 9:19am On Jul 24, 2016
marcdeco:

Hello guyz
Could you help on the above?i really need your advices to move...
Thx

Providing your account does not fall below the limit the no problem.
You should take any payment receipt with you just in case you are asked. (very unlikely.)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Furus: 10:00am On Jul 24, 2016
Please can someone help me with the maintenance fee for my husband as my dependent outside London
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by WILLIAMS10: 10:45am On Jul 24, 2016
Nice work guys,I've been following this thread intently. I need some clarification and advise concerning schooling in the UK. I got a partial tuition fee waiver(left with £6000). How feasible is it to coup with accommodation and also pay-off my remaining tuition through part-time jobs? I intend on going with paltry cash to pay for my first three months accommodation and also feeding. I'm going to hull.. Abeg make una help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 11:29am On Jul 24, 2016
WILLIAMS10:
Nice work guys,I've been following this thread intently. I need some clarification and advise concerning schooling in the UK. I got a partial tuition fee waiver(left with £6000). How feasible is it to coup with accommodation and also pay-off my remaining tuition through part-time jobs? I intend on going with paltry cash to pay for my first three months accommodation and also feeding. I'm going to hull.. Abeg make una help
from my experience... it is very possible but u will have to be humble, be ready to work and be ready to do night shifts.. depending on the jobs and also be ready to work ur ass out during the holidays
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 11:30am On Jul 24, 2016
WILLIAMS10:
Lived in hull for about 4 years just moved last year. Accomodation is cheap there and as per jobs there are factory worker jobs, care/support workers, shop attendants ( restocking shelves) just get your NI number as soon as you get in so you can strt searching dunno how feasible it is to pay for accomodation and also tuition working only 20 hours a week tho having in mind that this jobs pay minimum wage btw £6.70 - £7.50 you may get higher dunno just giving you a rough idea

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 11:32am On Jul 24, 2016
pls has anyone paid fees lately.... what banks and at what rate... how long did it take also
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by WILLIAMS10: 12:12pm On Jul 24, 2016
I really appreciate ur responses. I just did an amateur calculation;let's say I make £7 an hour,in 20Hrs I'll be making £140. Which means in one month,I'll get around £560. My MA study runs for one year. With that monthly wage,I can only make about £6720 and I still have a tuition fee debt of £6000 plus accommodation wahala.Hmmmm,it's looking almost impossible. although,my brother promised to pay £2000 before I leave naija.so technically I'm left with a £4000 debt plus accommodation issues. Abeg I need more views,observation and advice. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 12:59pm On Jul 24, 2016
WILLIAMS10:
I really appreciate ur responses. I just did an amateur calculation;let's say I make £7 an hour,in 20Hrs I'll be making £140. Which means in one month,I'll get around £560. My MA study runs for one year. With that monthly wage,I can only make about £6720 and I still have a tuition fee debt of £6000 plus accommodation wahala.Hmmmm,it's looking almost impossible. although,my brother promised to pay £2000 before I leave naija.so technically I'm left with a £4000 debt plus accommodation issues. Abeg I need more views,observation and advice. Thanks

Out of that you may pay tax and national insurance.
Are UK earnings of international students taxable in the UK?

Many international students find work in the UK with a UK employer. If you do, then you will pay tax and National Insurance contributions on these earnings
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2016
WILLIAMS10:
yh u excluded tax and national insurance. yes. uk intl students pay tax and u can work more than 20hrs off term time. also... u could prolly get more than £7 on a weekend or holiday... lest i forget, care jobs pay more so u might wanna consider that if u r not so squeamish. i knew some of my classmates who paid their msc thru that

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 4:42pm On Jul 24, 2016
tolam08:
Hello. Pls I'm on the verge of studying in UK and I've been offered admission to which I've accepted and fulfilled the conditions attached to the offer. The only thing left is to pay a deposit of 1500 pounds or send a letter of sponsorship but I'm expecting a scholarship letter as a sponsor to support my payment which has not arrived yet. As for the required money that must be in my account for 28days... Can I withdraw the money after the statement is printed so I can use it to process my application and wait for the scholarship before resumption?

As for the bolded, please do not withdraw the money until Your visa is out. Once your passport has ben collected with your visa stamped on it, beg go and flex with the money anyhow grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 4:48pm On Jul 24, 2016
fizzile:
Oga justwise, you are simply making it look as if both of us are having issues. Ignoring me is simply not the best. If you want me to leave the thread for you, I will simply do that. For weeks now, u just tend to ignore whatever I post or copy you for assistance,and I have mailed u asking what d problem is but you have been acting differently towards me.
My brother don't forget people are watching. All the same enjoy urself.

Nobody can ask you to leave a thread. The forum is open for discussions and you are allowed to air your views provided you do not break any rules. I also think all your questions have been answered so far. Me i am waiting for your testimony here o, make sure you come back and share. You are not leaving here till you share your testimony.

Also you have been very helpful, once you get to UK, we need people like you to keep on contributing on this thread and helping others like you have always done. All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 4:55pm On Jul 24, 2016
WILLIAMS10:

@williams, before you can get proper guidance, i would like you to state what you would be paying the school from here, the remaining balance you will have left to pay and the period the school has asked you to pay (specific dates or months and in how many instalments) also do you have any relatives in hull?. When you provide these details, then i will tell you if it is possible or not.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by claremont(m): 5:12pm On Jul 24, 2016
WILLIAMS10:

Hahaha grin I like the way you have calculated everything even before you have set foot in the UK, you have made a lot of assumptions. Firstly, you will need to zero-wise your mind from using the proceeds of a possible part-time job to pay your tuition and accommodation bills. A part-time job MIGHT be able to pay for your accommodation, but depending on it to pay for tuition as well is going too far.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by WILLIAMS10: 5:24pm On Jul 24, 2016
OlowoB:

@williams, before you can get proper guidance, i would like you to state what you would be paying the school from here, the remaining balance you will have left to pay and the period the school has asked you to pay (specific dates or months and in how many instalments) also do you have any relatives in hull?. When you provide these details, then i will tell you if it is possible or not.

I'll be paying £2000(tuition deposit)..after this payment,I'll be left with £4000 balance. I don't knw of any time frame for tuition fee payment. I have relatives in Birmingham. The issue is how to cope with a £4000 balance and accommodation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by WILLIAMS10: 5:32pm On Jul 24, 2016
claremont:

Hahaha grin I like the way you have calculated everything even before you have set foot in the UK, you have made a lot of assumptions. Firstly, you will need to zero-wise your mind from using the proceeds of a possible part-time job to pay your tuition and accommodation bills. A part-time job MIGHT be able to pay for your accommodation, but depending on it to pay for tuition as well is going too far.

My brother,I need to calculate and make mock forecast before jumping on a plane na. I really wanna complete my masters before settling down.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 8:01pm On Jul 24, 2016
WILLIAMS10:

My brother,I need to calculate and make mock forecast before jumping on a plane na. I really wanna complete my masters before settling down.

You cannot pay your tuition and live on a 20hrs unskilled job. Pay attention to 20hrs and unskilled
You can invest in skilled jobs that require some form of licenses or learnt skills (they pay higher) and ofcourse, consider if you want to take the risks of doing more hours.

Note that most unskilled agency jobs start from around the minimum wage. You'll get a better pay after 3 months of work (around £12.50)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by my1111: 1:43pm On Jul 25, 2016
WILLIAMS10:

I am currently studying in Glasgow, and to be candid, it is very difficult to sustain your self on partime jobs especially if you depend fully on it. My sincere advice, have your fees intact, some money for expenses (about 3k pounds) before coming, so any job you take will be a topup for maintenance till the end of your programme. 20hrs might get you a reasonable amount like you calculated, but consider exams, coursework, classes, group work and importantly REST.....

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 2:10pm On Jul 25, 2016
spikesC:

You cannot pay your tuition and live on a 20hrs unskilled job. Pay attention to 20hrs and unskilled
You can invest in skilled jobs that require some form of licenses or learnt skills (they pay higher) and ofcourse, consider if you want to take the risks of doing more hours.

Note that most unskilled agency jobs start from around the minimum wage. You'll get a better pay after 3 months of work (around £12.50)

This all depends on whether you do get a job, let alone 20hrs!
There is no guarantee of work waiting for you!
Just remember that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Danejo02: 3:38pm On Jul 25, 2016
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 4:19pm On Jul 25, 2016
Danejo02:
please which Bank is the fastest and the best to process Form A for school fees?
I was told by FBN that they do one day transfer.. not form A so u might wanna ask.. diamond bank at the moment should take roughly ten days to two weeks.
hope this helps.
regards.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 5:20pm On Jul 25, 2016
Danejo02:
please which Bank is the fastest and the best to process Form A for school fees?
Well, presently there is scarcity of forex. You can still use the Form A in your bank or where the money is but the fastest way is to meet the person incharge and plead with he or she. If possible he or she should scan the form and process and send immediately. It depends on how you relate with the person. I processed mine with Union and it was smooth. A staff of Stanbic told me Form A is on but processing form A is now based on bidding. What he meant was if they sell at 287,if u bid 290 yours will be processed immediately. So just discuss with the person incharge. All the best to you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 6:05pm On Jul 25, 2016
OlowoB:

Nobody can ask you to leave a thread. The forum is open for discussions and you are allowed to air your views provided you do not break any rules. I also think all your questions have been answered so far. Me i am waiting for your testimony here o, make sure you come back and share. You are not leaving here till you share your testimony.

Also you have been very helpful, once you get to UK, we need people like you to keep on contributing on this thread and helping others like you have always done. All the best.
OlowoB, Its been awesome here, I must tell you. After the US experience I had, I had to come over to this thread and its been really cool. Started by reading through the thread from page one and also read through the sister thread. All thanks to you (olowob), justwise (who has changed towards me lately..lolololzzzzz), creamyworkz and other guys out here. I got the guide I needed and to an extent I can also guide others.
Indeed I will surely testify here. Some time in September, my testimony should be rolling out. Not forgetting POE experiences which I believe will guide a few others. Though the process can be quite frustrating especially the 28days counting aspect.
Ain't leaving the thread, not for any reason. I still have somuch to give back to the thread.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:33pm On Jul 25, 2016
WILLIAMS10:

You can't pull this off because you haven't got the time, you only have one summer and that is for your final project AND your school will not give you all the time to pay up, you will be lucky to get up till Jan to pay the renaming fees.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by essayHelp(m): 7:49pm On Jul 25, 2016
For taught MSc courses starting in late September, when do students usually graduate (that is, after completing exams and submiting research project)?

From personal experience, what is the earliest completion date you have seen or heard?

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 10:19pm On Jul 25, 2016
fizzile:
OlowoB, Its been awesome here, I must tell you. After the US experience I had, I had to come over to this thread and its been really cool. Started by reading through the thread from page one and also read through the sister thread. All thanks to you (olowob), justwise (who has changed towards me lately..lolololzzzzz), creamyworkz and other guys out here. I got the guide I needed and to an extent I can also guide others.
Indeed I will surely testify here. Some time in September, my testimony should be rolling out. Not forgetting POE experiences which I believe will guide a few others. Though the process can be quite frustrating especially the 28days counting aspect.
Ain't leaving the thread, not for any reason. I still have somuch to give back to the thread.

God bless you. Different people will come and go, Nairaland will remain forever (hopefully), always look beyond individuals. This forum has been really helpful (God bless Seun Osewa) , we must always give back to the people coming behind.

Notice to all

If you intend paying your school fees through Form A, i will advise you look for other means as the Form A has not been reliable these days. From a reliable banker friend.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:32pm On Jul 25, 2016
essayHelp:
For taught MSc courses starting in late September, when do students usually graduate (that is, after completing exams and submiting research project)?

From personal experience, what is the earliest completion date you have seen or heard?

Thanks.

June.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dynamitehimself(m): 10:49pm On Jul 25, 2016
OlowoB:

God bless you. Different people will come and go, Nairaland will remain forever (hopefully), always look beyond individuals. This forum has been really helpful (God bless Seun Osewa) , we must always give back to the people coming behind.

Notice to all

If you intend paying your school fees through Form A, i will advise you look for other means as the Form A has not been reliable these days. From a reliable banker friend.

Nice 1 @olowob
Always on point. Thanks for the heads up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 11:11pm On Jul 25, 2016
OlowoB:

Notice to all

Yeah bro, you are so right. I owe this house a whole lot. A whole lot of persons will surely need info now and in the nearest future. Thanks for everything.

NOTICE TO ALL: As for those who intend to pay their fees using the Form A, it might be possible but might take a long long time. I will suggest they even make use of Moneygram. If they have someone abroad, the person can help them receive the money then pay it for them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 11:14pm On Jul 25, 2016
OlowoB:

Notice to all

OlowoB
Other means like what??
And you know it's very fast in processing.. smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 11:18pm On Jul 25, 2016
fizzile:
Yeah bro, you are so right. I owe this house a whole lot. A whole lot of persons will surely need info now and in the nearest future. Thanks for everything.

NOTICE TO ALL: As for those who intend to pay their fees using the Form A, it might be possible but might take a long long time. I will suggest they even make use of Moneygram. If they have someone abroad, the person can help them receive the money then pay it for them.
Using moneygram, what are the differences??
Though I know it might not take a long process, but whats the charging fee?
Like sending to a relative through moneygram
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 11:52pm On Jul 25, 2016
Whatamidoinghere:

Using moneygram, what are the differences??
Though I know it might not take a long process, but whats the charging fee?
Like sending to a relative through moneygram
Yeah,like sending to a relative then he or she will receive it and help you pay. As for the rate,u will have to check the bank and confirm from them. First confirm if dey send money via moneygram cos not all banks do. As at today (25th July) moneygram according to abokifx.com is 391naira to a pound. But check your bank and find out,cos right now Form A is a big issue.

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (646)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.