Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,171 members, 7,916,418 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 11:00 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1365171 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 7:09pm On Aug 17, 2016
MrsDaniels:
Elope my two cent means thats my sincere answers and reply to his questions. And as for luggage its 30kg per person. No need calling emirates for anything. He cant also carry as much money as he can. Why wud he go buy rice at tesco again for 1pound and some pence when he can carry some to last for some weeks or a month if he isnt the type that eats much and save those pounds for other tins.
twas ma personal opinion... just to reduce luggage...issorait. thanks for the explanation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 7:12pm On Aug 17, 2016
fizzile:
Please thats so wrong. You can't carry as much as you want to. Abii u want him to carry over $10,000 dollars? Abeg people like ibori still dey UK ooo.. dont make him cause problems for himself.
but how can someone carry 10kdollars to the uk... u sef think about it... anything i meant was anything reasonable.... at lewst common sense can be applied... twas ma own personal opinion.. 2k pound isnt a bad amt to carry as long as its declared where need be
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 7:14pm On Aug 17, 2016
You can take some rice in a polybag or a kinda hard bag dt wont tear easily and put them in a travelln box and beans too. Just make sure to tell them to send the bag containing ur clothings and stuff and food box too down to your destination cos if u hold d foodstuff bag as hang lugggage dose useless immigration peeps at d airport wud say stories for the gods and even tell u to return them back bfr its been checked by the airline peeps checking you in bfr boarding. At tesco its packed rice like basmati rice and all u ll get and am sure guys eat alot than ladies. You will buy and buy rice atleast first month of arrival if you say u wont take rice along. When you pack the foodstuffs place some of your clothings on it, lolz and send them tru and go pick it at newcastle. And carry wit u ur small hand luggage wit ur pasport tickets et all tht u wud show to the border control officers in Englandupon arrival. Keep ya money safe too incase u wanna buy sim and call card or pay for taxi thats to take u to ur accomodation. My favorite sims are O2 and lebara.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 7:17pm On Aug 17, 2016
Because they are cheaper to me thou for calling. These are my opinions too thou!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 7:24pm On Aug 17, 2016
MrsDaniels:
Because they are cheaper to me thou for calling. These are my opinions too thou!
yh. lycamobile also. intl calls can be made via telbo.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 7:29pm On Aug 17, 2016
Lolz at cuteemperor please eh make sure say your phone get google map, you can easily use it to find your way when u confused jus as elope said for navigation. For example eh first tym i went for hols wit my parents in Liverpool i went out to shop and then lost my way and didnt recall the house number but recall the street well well... Thank God say my iphone get google map na e i take search oh come dey follow direction till i got to the str and then located the house. Just imagine if i wasnt wit my phone that moment e for bad oh grin my parents laughed the hell when i got home and told them i missed my way.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 8:09pm On Aug 17, 2016
please how long did it take, for those that have applied, to get their student visas from the day of application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yomiselmer: 8:52pm On Aug 17, 2016
Krusha:
Hello house,

I'm quite new here.

I need ur suggestion on any other cost effective means of paying my outstanding tuition deposit, I've been trying to pay through form A, for a while now, but to no avail.

I'm getting frustrated because my maintenance fund will mature tomorrow, I've done the TB test and Northumbria University enrollment date is 9th September.

Moreover, the rate for online transfer via Stanbic Ibtc Mastercard, which I was hoping on has jumped to 501.

Ur inputs plzzzz.

Okay Krusha, what I am about to tell you, I wish somebody told me on time. Just stay away from stanbic for form A and use Diamond Bank. I applied for form A at stanbic when the exchange rate was N372 to 1GBP, but they delayed me for over 2 weeks, then I learnt Diamond bank was fast, so I opened account with Diamond bank on a monday (they told me the form A would take a maximum of 2 weeks), I was very scared and afraid to wait 2weeks (This was when CBN rate was going BANANNAS and I was running out of time for my SOA), So the same day, I started using the Gt bank card of everybody I knew (including strangers) and I paid £6,500 at the rate of N463 - N467 to £1 ( lol I noticed the xchange rate was going up everyday) and another £1,250 at the rate of N494 to £1. Diamond bank called me on thursday (3 days after) that CBN has approved the form A at a rate N417 to £1 but my account is not funded for the transaction, and if they do not see funds in the account by 9:30am that same day. I would need to wait till the next week when they will be dealing again. SO sad, I almost cried because I had already paid using card (the annoying thing is that I still called stanbic recently (last week), and they said, they are still waiting for foreign exchange to be available. meanwhile I applied for my visa on the 10th of August.

Also we would see at Northumbria by the grace of GOD.

I will be studying Microelectronics and Communications Engineering with advanced practice, what about you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 10:02pm On Aug 17, 2016
MrsDaniels:
You can take some rice in a polybag or a kinda hard bag dt wont tear easily and put them in a travelln box and beans too. Just make sure to tell them to send the bag containing ur clothings and stuff and food box too down to your destination cos if u hold d foodstuff bag as hang lugggage dose useless immigration peeps at d airport wud say stories for the gods and even tell u to return them back bfr its been checked by the airline peeps checking you in bfr boarding. At tesco its packed rice like basmati rice and all u ll get and am sure guys eat alot than ladies. You will buy and buy rice atleast first month of arrival if you say u wont take rice along. When you pack the foodstuffs place some of your clothings on it, lolz and send them tru and go pick it at newcastle. And carry wit u ur small hand luggage wit ur pasport tickets et all tht u wud show to the border control officers in Englandupon arrival. Keep ya money safe too incase u wanna buy sim and call card or pay for taxi thats to take u to ur accomodation. My favorite sims are O2 and lebara.
Thanks for this info smiley
But, when going with some of the maintenance fee, how do we change to pounds? Or are we to go with Naira then change to pounds when we get there??
Like going with £5,000

Your response will be more helpful to others as well smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 10:47pm On Aug 17, 2016
Whatamidoinghere:

Thanks for this info smiley
But, when going with some of the maintenance fee, how do we change to pounds? Or are we to go with Naira then change to pounds when we get there??
Like going with £5,000

Your response will be more helpful to others as well smiley
PLEASE!!!DO NOT GO WITH NAIRA!!!Eithr change to dollars or pounds. it can be changed from mallams
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 10:52pm On Aug 17, 2016
elope:

PLEASE!!!DO NOT GO WITH NAIRA!!!Eithr change to dollars or pounds. it can be changed from mallams
At the rate of 505...thats crazy. This government has finished us.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Krusha: 11:45pm On Aug 17, 2016
yomiselmer:

Okay Krusha, what I am about to tell you, I wish somebody told me on time. Just stay away from stanbic for form A and use Diamond Bank. I applied for form A at stanbic when the exchange rate was N372 to 1GBP, but they delayed me for over 2 weeks, then I learnt Diamond bank was fast, so I opened account with Diamond bank on a monday (they told me the form A would take a maximum of 2 weeks), I was very scared and afraid to wait 2weeks (This was when CBN rate was going BANANNAS and I was running out of time for my SOA), So the same day, I started using the Gt bank card of everybody I knew (including strangers) and I paid £6,500 at the rate of N463 - N467 to £1 ( lol I noticed the xchange rate was going up everyday) and another £1,250 at the rate of N494 to £1. Diamond bank called me on thursday (3 days after) that CBN has approved the form A at a rate N417 to £1 but my account is not funded for the transaction, and if they do not see funds in the account by 9:30am that same day. I would need to wait till the next week when they will be dealing again. SO sad, I almost cried because I had already paid using card (the annoying thing is that I still called stanbic recently (last week), and they said, they are still waiting for foreign exchange to be available. meanwhile I applied for my visa on the 10th of August.

I will be studying Microelectronics and Communications Engineering with advanced practice, what about you?

Many thanks for the info. smiley

Initially, I applied at Zenith bank, but after three weeks there was no sign of progress, I had to ask them to discontinue the process.

When I learnt that it could be faster with Diamond Bank, I contacted my account officer there. He encouraged me to apply. This is the second week, but no show yet.

However, I will call them tomorrow cos I learnt they usually bid on thursdays. Which Diamond Bank branch was that?

I will be studying Nursing Science (BSc) @ Northumbria
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 12:03am On Aug 18, 2016
elope:

Mallams are the only option?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 12:06am On Aug 18, 2016
fizzile:
Seriously sad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 12:33am On Aug 18, 2016
Whatamidoinghere:

Seriously sad
Yeah, dats what the black marketers charge.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yomiselmer: 12:53am On Aug 18, 2016
Krusha:

Many thanks for the info. smiley

Initially, I applied at Zenith bank, but after three weeks there was no sign of progress, I had to ask them to discontinue the process.

When I learnt that it could be faster with Diamond Bank, I contacted my account officer there. He encouraged me to apply. This is the second week, but no show yet.

However, I will call them tomorrow cos I learnt they usually bid on thursdays. Which Diamond Bank branch was that?

I will be studying Nursing Science (BSc) @ Northumbria

I applied at the Abuja headquarters at garki (I think its area 10. not too sure, but I always tell a cab to take me to the diamond bank headquaters)

wow (2 weeks? that's sad) call them tomorrow, if possible I suggest you visit the branch. If it isn't forthcoming, then I will suggest you find an alternative e.g: black market, or card (they are pretty much more or less the same thing now) as soon as possible.

I refused to use card when it N406 to £1 waiting for Form A, then it became N417 , I said it will come down , then it became N466 and N494. now its N502.

It is easy to be caught in the illusion that the rates may come down, but it is a very risky thing to do. You can give your form A till friday (since it will be more than 2 weeks then) and set a goal to for your self to find the remaining money and make the payment through alternatives on Monday if the form A isn't ready.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 3:25am On Aug 18, 2016
fizzile:

First bank gives PTA, applied on Monday received alert of deduction Wednesday evening , just that the branch I used did not have GBP so I chose USD was charged 352 for USD.

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Krusha: 7:20am On Aug 18, 2016
yomiselmer:

I applied at the Abuja headquarters at garki (I think its area 10. not too sure, but I always tell a cab to take me to the diamond bank headquaters)

wow (2 weeks? that's sad) call them tomorrow, if possible I suggest you visit the branch. If it isn't forthcoming, then I will suggest you find an alternative e.g: black market, or card (they are pretty much more or less the same thing now) as soon as possible.

I refused to use card when it N406 to £1 waiting for Form A, then it became N417 , I said it will come down , then it became N466 and N494. now its N502.

It is easy to be caught in the illusion that the rates may come down, but it is a very risky thing to do. You can give your form A till friday (since it will be more than 2 weeks then) and set a goal to for your self to find the remaining money and make the payment through alternatives on Monday if the form A isn't ready.

Thank you once more, Yomiselmer.

I made my form A request at one of their branches @ Lagos Island. I will try and go there today, as you rightly advised.

When did you apply for form A? How long did it take before they contacted you? And, is your visa ready?

Sorry for the many questions. I've responded to your PM request.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 7:29am On Aug 18, 2016
My dear buy dollars then and then change it in the Uk guess those money shops shud be able to do that. The one am sure most abt is collecting western union at money shop. Buying pounds from dose useless bdc people would be a joke of the century! Na them dey gain more.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cuteemperor(m): 7:37am On Aug 18, 2016
MrsDaniels:
Hello cuteemperor, From my previous travel experiences to Uk for visit u do not need a transit dubai visa as you wont be headed towards the immigration officers, u would be inside the airport seated till your flight is been announced for boarding to Newcastle. Dont be surprised by the time you land in dubai u wont even have time to waste than to just move straight to ur boarding gate, as their is usually a shuttle kinda bus dt moves passengers to where their next flight is, make sure to get their on time so as not to miss it o. The max u can carry with an economy plus cabin is 30kg. If it exceeds u would pay extra charges. Hand luggage are small bags u have ur vital documents in tht u can conveniently put in the cabin just where you ll be seated in the plane. You can take food stuffs, if u take foods that are grinded like crayfish put them in a transparent packing bag. That immigration officers can easily confirm and not waste your time at the boader control in Uk. If u wish to declare the foodstuffs you can. As for the phone maybe u shud get it here. Well unless u wanna do contract buying or pay as you go kinda buying in the uk and with exchange rate my dear the price fit skyrock. Thats my two cent about this questions.

Thank you for the detailed reply, as for luggages, my itinerary say 2bags 23kg each, also can I use my laptop bag as my hand luggage as I also need to take my laptop along.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cuteemperor(m): 7:38am On Aug 18, 2016
MrsDaniels:
Cuteemperor u shud be able to tke from £2000 upwards. But dont ever make mistake declaring such money at our naija airport oh those immigration officers are thieves biko. Just keep ur mouth sealed and put the money in your hand luggage or a small bag u guys carry Safely. Trust me u would also enjoy your flight with emirates as their cabin crew are very friendly and nyc. And their planes is superb too.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cuteemperor(m): 7:42am On Aug 18, 2016
elope:

you do not need a visa to stop over at dubai. you are not going past the airport and if u chose to, u can get a visa there at dubai
you can travel with as much money as u wanna but declare when the need arises
you can check the luggage capacity om the itinerary or u call emirates to find out
you can go with food stuffs but ensure its in a ziplock bqg.. egusi, ogbono, crayfish,.. etc.. u can get naija food at fenham in newcastle or somewhere close to the general hospital. there r loads of african and indian shops there... rice can be gotten at tesco.. tomatoes also
its cheaper to get a fone... with navigation also.. cuz its highly needed..

see u at Newcastle by His grace

Thank you for your reply..... See you at Newcastle too, but I think we should establish some contact before then, could be useful you know.

And what arrangement have u made concerning accommodation, are u staying in the school hostel or a private hostel.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cuteemperor(m): 7:44am On Aug 18, 2016
Krusha:

Thank you bro.
We shall see there.
Is ur visa ready?

Yeah, gotten my Visa already
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cuteemperor(m): 7:48am On Aug 18, 2016
MrsDaniels:
My dear cuteemperor pls u are allowed to carry foodstuffs once again and am saying it for a fact. When ur luggages are been checked in tell them you want your bag with foodstuffs to go along with your other bags except your small hang luggage. So you would just go pick it up straight at Newcastle airport. And you pick your bags and for the food stuffs dt are blended put them in a transparent bag that can be very visible they sell those bags at supermarkets here in naija. Put them inside and hey your good to go. No worries again na to just get checked in at the uk border control and hey welcome to England and wishing u all the very best dear.

Thank you so much, wish you all the best too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cuteemperor(m): 8:00am On Aug 18, 2016
yomiselmer:

Hello yomiselmer, I'm also for Northumbria MSc. Computing and information technology, please let us connect. I hope you have your visa already..
.all the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 8:01am On Aug 18, 2016
cuteemperor:

Thank you for your reply..... See you at Newcastle too, but I think we should establish some contact before then, could be useful you know.

And what arrangement have u made concerning accommodation, are u staying in the school hostel or a private hostel.
pricate accommodation. r u schooling at newcastle uni or northumbria?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 8:06am On Aug 18, 2016
cuteemperor:

hoe long did it take for u to get ur visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 8:06am On Aug 18, 2016
cuteemperor:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yomiselmer: 8:12am On Aug 18, 2016
cuteemperor:

Hello yomiselmer, I'm also for Northumbria MSc. Computing and information technology, please let us connect. I hope you have your visa already..
.all the best

no, not yet. still waiting for visa. i stay in Abuja, you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yomiselmer: 8:17am On Aug 18, 2016
elope:

elope, i think you applied 4th of August right? any news yet? I applied on the 10th of August.

i know someome applied on 19thof july, had interview on the 21st of july, got news that its in sheffield 27th of july, got decision mail 8th of august, and I think he picked it up 10th or 11th of August.

I think it might even be cuteemperor.

safe.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 8:52am On Aug 18, 2016
yomiselmer:

elope, i think you applied 4th of August right? any news yet? I applied on the 10th of August.

i know someome applied on 19thof july, had interview on the 21st of july, got news that its in sheffield 27th of july, got decision mail 8th of august, and I think he picked it up 10th or 11th of August.

I think it might even be cuteemperor.

safe.

That's my timeline also picked up 11th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cuteemperor(m): 8:56am On Aug 18, 2016
elope:

pricate accommodation. r u schooling at newcastle uni or northumbria?

Pls how did you get the accommodation and how did you pay for it. Northumbria university

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (646)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.