Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,356 members, 7,881,303 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:19 PM

Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) (53948 Views)

15000 Each For 6 Students. / See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) by Swagt101(m): 2:57pm On Sep 04, 2015
Is this an helicopter, all I can see here is a generator grin

1 Like

Re: Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) by SpotlezDonald25(m): 2:57pm On Sep 04, 2015
Hw dis one wan take fly kwanu undecided

2 Likes

Re: Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) by Bollinger(m): 2:58pm On Sep 04, 2015
CARLOSZ:
Great

So this death trap is great abi?

1 Like

Re: Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) by Tos87(m): 2:59pm On Sep 04, 2015
the second guy from the right struck a pose. smiley
hope it flies.

1 Like

Re: Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) by CARLOSZ: 2:59pm On Sep 04, 2015
Bollinger:

So this death trap is great abi?

As long as nobody is flying in it, its GREAT.

1 Like

Re: Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) by jice(m): 3:00pm On Sep 04, 2015
Amusaopeyemi:
These old men are undergraduates?

[size=20pt]what did you do with your graduating under 15?[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) by manny4life(m): 3:00pm On Sep 04, 2015
Smh... There are somethings that are worth commending but this one, nah.... sad sad

1 Like

Re: Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) by jice(m): 3:00pm On Sep 04, 2015
Amusaopeyemi:

what did you do with your graduating under 15?

2 Likes

Re: Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 04, 2015
This is embarrassing. Old generator welded to rotors WTF!!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) by fokoyo18(m): 3:00pm On Sep 04, 2015
I bet it can't fly over their school gate

1 Like

Re: Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) by velo10: 3:00pm On Sep 04, 2015
Please this is unworthy of acclamation. Just show these men what their mates in China are doing and encourage them to do better.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) by Pangea: 3:01pm On Sep 04, 2015
grin
That engine na lol
If any of the parents of the kids is here?
Abeg withdraw your child from that School before dem make am the test pilot of that monstrosity!

2 Likes

Re: Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) by Bollinger(m): 3:01pm On Sep 04, 2015
kendrick9:
Nigerians always celebrating medriocrity... something that cant even fly yet here we are celebrating.....

Mediocre people love celebrating mediocrity. Nigerians are easily dazzled. They don't know how to ask "how" or "why". Which is how Buhari won the election. By promising 5k a month and they were dazzled. Nobody bothered to ask how or why it was feasible.

2 Likes

Re: Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) by kristisking(m): 3:02pm On Sep 04, 2015
Amusaopeyemi:
So old men do not go to school?Learning is a continuous process in case you don't know.It is not limited by age.Even if those people are old men as you claimed,seeking knowledge at that age is a nice step in the right direction so far the energy and determination are there.

2 Likes

Re: Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) by DataSubs: 3:02pm On Sep 04, 2015
cool
Re: Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) by doe: 3:03pm On Sep 04, 2015
Can't even classify as toy. This one Na wasted effort.
Re: Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 04, 2015
I am ashamed of my Nigerian Undergrads.. building something that a DIY kit for less than $200 can do perfectly

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) by Bollinger(m): 3:05pm On Sep 04, 2015
CARLOSZ:

As long as nobody is flying in it, its GREAT.

kendrick9:
Nigerians always celebrating medriocrity... something that cant even fly yet here we are celebrating.....

Mediocre people love celebrating mediocrity. Nigerians are easily dazzled. They don't know how to ask "how" or "why". Which is how Buhari won the election. By promising 5k a month and they were dazzled. Nobody bothered to ask how or why it was feasible.

See my point? Why build something like this? It's not going to replace an existing helicopter so why bother?

4 Likes

Re: Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) by mowah: 3:05pm On Sep 04, 2015
I'm not trying to be arrogant, but I'm usually disappointed with nigerians we praise what don't deserve to be praised, in China, germany or japan, the same student would have even built a luxury hi tech helicopter, this helicopter made by us Isn't worth credit because one can do it by reading books. We are Nigerians, we are creative people, we just need to believe in our selves and compete with the world

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) by anonimi: 3:05pm On Sep 04, 2015
LECTURERS FROM A UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA,FACULTY OF ENGINEERING BOARDED A PLANE.
WHEN THE PLANE WAS READY TO TAKE-OFF,THE PILOT SAID......"WELCOME ON BOARD LADIES & GENTLEMEN MAY I PLEASE INFORM
YOU THAT THIS PLANE WAS MANUFACTURED BY YOUR STUDENTS IN THE UNIVERSITY AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME OF FLYING".
IMMEDIATELY THEY HEARD THAT, EVERYONE RAN OUT OF THE PLANE EXCEPT ONE PROFESSOR IBRAHIM, WHO SAT COMFORTABLY.
PEOPLE WERE SURPRISED AND WENT TO HIS SEAT TO ASK HIM WHY HE DID NOT RUN OUT OF THE PLANE LIKE OTHERS?
HE SMILED AND REPLIED..."THERE IS NO NEED TO RUN OUT BECAUSE IF IT IS TRUE THAT THIS PLANE WAS MADE BY OUR STUDENTS, THEN
WITH WHAT WE TAUGHT THEM, AM VERY SURE THE PLANE WIL NOT EVEN MOVE". angry

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2819536_cocjtopwgaa5hmf1_jpeg7a6146c78eb578d3cfc868587f6b6d36

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 04, 2015

1 Like

Re: Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) by Cuteamigo1(m): 3:07pm On Sep 04, 2015
nice try, but its funny looking. am not sure the word for it should be helicopter. it looks like an industrial fan.

4 Likes

Re: Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 04, 2015
Amusaopeyemi:
These old men are students undergraduates?
my dear ika o dogba ,, all fingers are not equal

1 Like

Re: Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) by kenoz(m): 3:10pm On Sep 04, 2015
Nice one. They try.

But they should have called it a fan. Cos I can't see where the pilot that will control it will sit.
I only see blades
Re: Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 04, 2015
I don't see any big thing designed here..dx is just coupling of an electric motor to a welded platform with blades...it can lift,pull,drag or thrust..so what's d big deal here?
Re: Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) by DrGud: 3:11pm On Sep 04, 2015
Chai they try, Govt. should support them.
Re: Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) by boujaye: 3:12pm On Sep 04, 2015
adesegun121:
Nice one

pls show me the copter flying on the air
Re: Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos) by dhappyking(m): 3:12pm On Sep 04, 2015
They try sha, but this looks more like a giant drone to me than a chopper. I mean where will the pilot sit, the controls , et al?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Uniport Protest: Police Kills Student / See The Prices Of Students Union Government Form In Uniuyo(photos) / Unizik 2012/2013 Post Utme & Admission Update.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.