Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,150 members, 7,880,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:15 PM

Nigeria’s Presidency To Restore U.S. Military Programme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Presidency To Restore U.S. Military Programme (1025 Views)

Presidency To Spend N114m On Feeding In 2016 – Document / PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North / APC May Lose Senate Presidency To PDP - Thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Presidency To Restore U.S. Military Programme by lokobyforch(m): 8:00pm On Sep 04, 2015
Nigeria’s Presidency seems set to reverse the decision by the immediate past administration of Goodluck Jonathan on the cancellation of the military training of Nigerian Armed Forces in the United States.

Latest report indicates that President Muhammadu Buhari is now ready to restore the United States military program to train Nigerian troops.

The training has become necessary because of what government calls ‘growing aggression in the north-east’. The military has been tackling a terrorist group, the Boko Haram, in the region for over five years now.

The terrorists are trying to establish an Islamic State and end western education in the region.

The U.S. Ambassador to Nigeria, Mr James Entwistle, insists that Nigeria and the U.S. have military training agreement.

Mr Entwistle said:”We had at Nigeria’s request agreed to train some battalion. Some of the trainers in the world have been provided by the United States”.

Former President Jonathan on December 14, 2014, ended the US government’s training programme for Nigerian soldiers.

The Nigerian government requested for the suspension of the programme less than a month after Washington said it refused to sell the country Cobra attack helicopters.

“At the request of the Nigerian government, the United States will discontinue its training of a Nigerian Army battalion,” the US Embassy in the capital, Abuja, said in an e-mailed statement.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/09/04/nigerias-presidency-to-restore-u-s-military-programme/
Re: Nigeria’s Presidency To Restore U.S. Military Programme by KingOfFTC(m): 8:03pm On Sep 04, 2015
Good
Re: Nigeria’s Presidency To Restore U.S. Military Programme by donholy28(m): 8:03pm On Sep 04, 2015
Make we siddon dey watch
Re: Nigeria’s Presidency To Restore U.S. Military Programme by Mogidi: 8:11pm On Sep 04, 2015
Nigeria’s Presidency seems set to reverse the decision by the immediate past administration of Goodluck Jonathan on the cancellation of the military training of Nigerian Armed Forces in the United States.

You'd qualify for this military training only if your name is Mohammed or one of its variant.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Presidency To Restore U.S. Military Programme by Benedict44(m): 8:35pm On Sep 04, 2015
nice move but i dont trust them ....well today is my BIRTHDAY ...hit like for me..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Presidency To Restore U.S. Military Programme by Dosinspector(m): 9:22pm On Sep 04, 2015
Body language tins
Re: Nigeria’s Presidency To Restore U.S. Military Programme by GreatSoul: 10:38pm On Sep 04, 2015
lokobyforch:

Latest report indicates that President Muhammadu Buhari is now ready to restore the United States military program to train Nigerian troops.

The training has become necessary because of what government calls ‘growing aggression in the north-east’. The military has been tackling a terrorist group, the Boko Haram, in the region for over five years now.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/09/04/nigerias-presidency-to-restore-u-s-military-programme/

This govt insists on speaking from both sides of their mouth. In one breathe, they tell us they have 'won' the war against boko haram in the next breathe, they tell us there is growing aggression in the north east

I really hope that APC/pmb did not trade-in what is left of the soul of our dear country Nigeria in exchange for that serpent america's support in their desperation to obtain power

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Presidency To Restore U.S. Military Programme by mrvitalis(m): 10:50pm On Sep 04, 2015
Please baba be careful of America ooh

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Presidency To Restore U.S. Military Programme by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 04, 2015
The previous administration worked very hard to untie us from the imperialistic strings of America but it seems Baba is working very hard to rope us back in. Till this day i cannot point to any tangible benefit of our relationship with America in over 50 years but i can point to many benefits of our relationship with China within a short period.

Why keep a relationship with Washington that isn't beneficial? Buhari will destroy this country.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Presidency To Restore U.S. Military Programme by owobokiri(m): 11:33pm On Sep 04, 2015
The fulani oligarchy won't stop untill they turn this country into a fresh colony. Some of these so called agreements are slavish and are not worth the ink with which they are signed. . But then as long as such helps to buy Americas goodwill needed to maintain the fulani role as the internal custodians of Niger-Delta oil, they will sign any document and approve every military alliance. .

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Presidency To Restore U.S. Military Programme by Rizstar: 1:07am On Sep 05, 2015
zooland

Re: Nigeria’s Presidency To Restore U.S. Military Programme by mars123(m): 1:14am On Sep 05, 2015
Benedict44:
nice move but i dont trust them ....well today is my BIRTHDAY ...hit like for me..
last year was my birthday, hit like for me...so that I will cash it in the bank undecided
Re: Nigeria’s Presidency To Restore U.S. Military Programme by Nobody: 2:24am On Sep 05, 2015
huangcheng:
The previous administration worked very hard to untie us from the imperialistic strings of America but it seems Baba is working very hard to rope us back in. Till this day i cannot point to any tangible benefit of our relationship with America in over 50 years but i can point to many benefits of our relationship with China within a short period.

Why keep a relationship with Washington that isn't beneficial? Buhari will destroy this country.

[b]Exactly my point. Our so called relationship with USA has not yielded any single fruit. On Bakassi issue, they were not there but France stood behind Cameroon and ensured they claimed Bakassi. On Boko Haram issue when we ran to them, they refused to sell us weapons but stood still while Boko Haram ravaged. Last election they stationed marines in Ghana waiting for post election violence so they can move in and "solve" our problems like they solved Libya, Egypt and Iraq's.

Jonathan's short lived romance with the Chinese, Russians and even Ukraine brought respite in terms of infrastructural developments from the Chinese and weapons from the others. USA has NEVER gone into any country without leaving a trail of destruction and anarchy especially when oil is involved. Whoever advises Buhari does not mean well for the country. Nigeria will be on a fast forward track to Syria and Egypt if we invite the Americans here. They only look out for their own interests. It took years before Jonathan could get rid of them and now Buhari wants them back. May God deliver us from internal enemies.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Presidency To Restore U.S. Military Programme by Truckpusher(m): 2:33am On Sep 05, 2015
calebo101:

[b]Exactly my point. Our so called relationship with USA has not yielded any single fruit. On Bakassi issue, they were not there but France stood behind Cameroon and ensured they claimed Bakassi. On Boko Haram issue when we ran to them, they refused to sell us weapons but stood still while Boko Haram ravaged. Last election they stationed marines in Ghana waiting for post election violence so they can move in and "solve" our problems like they solved Libya, Egypt and Iraq's.

Jonathan's short lived romance with the Chinese, Russians and even Ukraine brought respite in terms of infrastructural developments from the Chinese and weapons from the others. USA has NEVER gone into any country without leaving a trail of destruction and anarchy especially when oil is involved. Whoever advises Buhari does not mean well for the country. Nigeria will be on a fast forward track to Syria and Egypt if we invite the Americans here. They only look out for their own interests. It took years before Jonathan could get rid of them and now Buhari wants them back. May God deliver us from internal enemies.[/b]
Why are you even complaining ?
These moroNigerians deserve everything Baba and his bunch of iidiots decides to bring upon us.
Jumping into bed with Washington in this 21st centurty is the madness of the highest order - Something that Jonathan tactically avoided after he knew them for what they are yet here we are going back to the same imperialist that has never meant well for the animals that lives in the sub sahara region of Africa except to plunder,control and pillage if necessary.

I have said it that the forces that are holding this country down are coming from a particular region with their bunch of slaves that were suppose to have known better.

Left with me alone I will create a competition amongst the super powers and whoever agrees to a better deal should take it all and not the arm twisting we've seen from the Anglo-American empire even before slavery and subsequently colonization.

All the people that voted for Buhari should remain alive and eat back their words shamelessly.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Presidency To Restore U.S. Military Programme by Truckpusher(m): 2:39am On Sep 05, 2015
owobokiri:
The fulani oligarchy won't stop untill they turn this country into a fresh colony. Some of these so called agreements are slavish and are not worth the ink with which they are signed. . But then as long as such helps to buy Americas goodwill needed to maintain the fulani role as the internal custodians of Niger-Delta oil, they will sign any document and approve every military alliance. .
Most Nigerians do not understand that the Fulani man's head is stuck in the ass of the West even as they chant 'death' to America.

Is it not the same West that has kept the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia from being completely run down by countries like Iran and all the rest, only collapsing Arab nations that has refused to be cowed into total submission like the UAEs and Saudi Arabia?

Below is a picture of Ahmadu Bello bowing down to the Queen of England but their religion maintains that a woman should be treated like a second class citizen at home......smh

The hypocrisy of the North stinks to high heavens but just one day like every status quo - The turn around would have them gasping for air to survive the backlash of their heinous crime and pay for their crime against Bantus in Africa, their own soil.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Presidency To Restore U.S. Military Programme by owobokiri(m): 6:12am On Sep 05, 2015
Truckpusher:
Most Nigerians do not understand that the Fulani man's head is stuck in the ass of the West even as they chant 'death' to America.

Is it not the same West that has kept the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia from being completely run down by countries like Iran and all the rest, only collapsing Arab nations that has refused to be cowed into total submission like the UAEs and Saudi Arabia?

Below is a picture of Ahmadu Bello bowing down to the Queen of England but their religion maintains that a woman should be treated like a second class citizen at home......smh

The hypocrisy of the North stinks to high heavens but just one day like every status quo - The turn around would have them gasping for air to survive the backlash of their heinous crime and pay for their crime against Bantus in Africa, their own soil.

I can't put it better. . What they are doing is exactly what the Sunni arabs are doing from Riyadh to Doha through Dubai. . Which is to follow the Amrricans sheepishly. . , towing the American line in international politics,. . , allowing American oil companies the free room to operate(in the case of the Niger-Delta, with impunity). . . , dumping their foreign reserves in American banks, even when it is economically more sensible to do so say in China or better utilized financing projects at home and most dangerously, maintaining a weak army not powerful enough to pose any atom of challenge to any western/NATO(British, French) attempts to whimsically dictate for this region. . Ahmadu Bello understands this very well and allingned with the devilish british, who see Nigeria as being under their direct sphere of influence. .

The fulani lords of the north understand and follow this template religeously. ., and it is working for them. . The only times political leadership from the north refused to tow this line were during Murtala(from the subjugated hausa) and Abacha(from a minority Kanuri). You know how that two ended. . Actually, Jonathans myriad of wahalas within the international circles took a nose-dive for the worse after Kwankwaso, Aliyu Babangida and Jigawas Lamido herded the 19 northern governors to Washington. Remember that visit? Jonathans circumstances were never the same thereafter. .. We have a lot to learn on this score down east. . That their visit to the state department in washingnton, from an international-politics perspective was a master-stroke in in 'real-politik'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Presidency To Restore U.S. Military Programme by Nobody: 7:13am On Sep 05, 2015
Great
Re: Nigeria’s Presidency To Restore U.S. Military Programme by GreatSoul: 8:12am On Sep 05, 2015
calebo101:

You forgot to include Ebola.

It still beats me how our people were so easily manipulated by the american and british serpents to vote out Jonathan because he dared to use his balls against them and their selfish interests. Unfortunately, pmb has assumed that the serpents actually like and believe in him while the truth is that they see him as a soft target to be easily manipulated by flattering talks of his integrity and dubious invitations to the white house. Sad.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Algerians Fear Illuminati Dismemberment(pix) / Kogi Guber: Wada Under Pressure To Step Down,major Stakeholders Withdraw Support / Photos: Buhari, Osinbajo, Saraki, Dogara At Independence Day Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.