Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,703 members, 7,921,528 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 07:56 AM

PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics (51988 Views)

99% Will Fail This Simple Logic, I Swear / 95% Will Pronounce This Number Wrongly.. / 95% Of Nairalander Will Fail This,picx. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 05, 2015
anigbajumo:

Exactly, -3+3=6 (most of them neglect da minus sign)

Dat is wea dea problem is....

Correct ans is 12.

No -3+3 should be -(3+3)

Which will give you -6

This is where you guys goofed!

By assuming -3 as a value on the number scale you made a fundamental error where all values are considered absolute!

The positive and negative signs are operations !

This is not algebra
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 05, 2015
adorable29:

Chisossss!

So BEFORE you start any BODMAS, YOU MUST FIRST INCLUDE BRACKET! E no go better for that teacher Okonrokwo who ruined your future. Really?

So why is there a "B" bracket in BODMAS? Is it just there for DECORATION!

B means you FIRST AND FOREMOSTLY DEAL WITH ALL BRACKETS and get IT OVER WITH!

So why the hell are you introducing brackets AGAIN after you have PASSED THAT PHASE!

Abeg gerrahere! You are too St_upid for my IQ!

The bracket is to guide dunces like you from doing the wrong thing.

If at the final stage of your computation you are not subtracting then you have failed this simple arithmetic problem
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by anigbajumo(m): 12:26pm On Sep 05, 2015
WombRaiders:

No -3+3 should be -(3+3)

Which will give you -6

This is where you guys goofed!

Nd una dy use BODMAS?

Smh

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by JbravoAdodger(m): 12:27pm On Sep 05, 2015
BishopMagic:

simple bodmas

[3+(3*3)]-(3+3)

= [3+9]-6

= 12-6

=6

Olodos below me will say 12

For sake of all you olodos mentioning me here is a simplified explanation for you retarrds that I made on page 8

Guy you've changed the original question which has caused u to overkaku nonsense

My heart says 18 but my head says 12 cheesy
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 05, 2015
anigbajumo:

Nd una dy use BODMAS?

Smh

If you are not subtracting as the last step then you are not applying bodmas!
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by anigbajumo(m): 12:28pm On Sep 05, 2015
WombRaiders:

Show me yer full solution
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by PopsiAde: 12:31pm On Sep 05, 2015
The answer is 12. Where did you get your bodmas from?
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by adorable29(f): 12:32pm On Sep 05, 2015
WombRaiders:

The bracket is to guide dunces like you from doing the wrong thing.

If at the final stage of your computation you are not subtracting then you have failed this simple arithmetic problem

If you were not inhaling too much cheap substances while typing, you ll see the part where I ended the solution with 15-3= 12!

If that is not subtraction to you, then I conclude you are currently in Ward 12 in Yaba left!

If with this elementary BODMAS test, you all are wan_king off like this, I shudder to imagine what you ll do with a REAL COMPLICATED BODMAS APPLICATION! Imagine some one writing dy/dx on the first page of the thread and arriving at 6! Hahaha

Chai!
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by anigbajumo(m): 12:33pm On Sep 05, 2015
WombRaiders:

Yes nah,15-3=12
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by anigbajumo(m): 12:34pm On Sep 05, 2015
adorable29:

If you were not inhaling too much cheap substances while typing, you ll see the part where I ended the solution with 15-3= 12!

If that is not subtraction to you, then I conclude you are currently in Ward 12 in Yaba left!

If with this elementary BODMAS test, you all are wan_king off like this, I shudder to imagine what you ll do with a REAL COMPLICATED BODMAS APPLICATION! Imagine some one writing dy/dx on the first page of the thread and arriving at 6! Hahaha

Chai!

Ah don tire ooooooooo,ans is 12
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by costandi(m): 12:36pm On Sep 05, 2015
BishopMagic:

simple bodmas

[3+(3*3)]-(3+3)

= [3+9]-6

= 12-6

=6

For sake of all you olodos mentioning me here is a simplified explanation for you retarrds that I made on page 8

You are the olodo here.
The implication of your dumb solution is that Y=dy/dx.
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 05, 2015
BishopMagic:

simple bodmas

[3+(3*3)]-(3+3)

= [3+9]-6

= 12-6

=6

Bishopgate, You know i always call you a charlatan. You have just shown that now. This is a simple BODMAS not all the permutation/combination you did there.

The answer is simply 12. No long story.
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by bimmyj(f): 12:43pm On Sep 05, 2015
[color=#000099][/color] 6 using bodmas
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by adorable29(f): 12:45pm On Sep 05, 2015
anigbajumo:

Ah don tire ooooooooo,ans is 12

No mind the olodorekpete!

"Go to school...... I won't went! Correct yourself....i can't fit!" Lol .

This is what happens when we have half baked graduates! They are better off as illiterates cos they end up complicating everything they THINK they know and conclude everyone else is a dunce.
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 05, 2015
BishopMagic:

Scroll up you will see a simplified explanation for dummies like you

This guy does not know anything but keeps bragging about his 'olodoness'. na wa o.
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by awesomesossy(f): 12:50pm On Sep 05, 2015
BishopMagic:

simple bodmas

[3+(3*3)]-(3+3)

= [3+9]-6

= 12-6

=6

Bros no vex abeg...were u c bracket for d question.....**grabs glasses**checks d question again*still no bracket** grabs water cane.....tah common gerraraye

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by anigbajumo(m): 12:56pm On Sep 05, 2015
adorable29:

No mind the olodorekpete!

"Go to school...... I won't went! Correct yourself....i can't fit!" Lol .

This is what happens when we have half baked graduates! They are better off as illiterates cos they end up complicating everything they THINK they know and conclude everyone else is a dunce.

U garrit jawe kiss

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Teophilus96(m): 12:57pm On Sep 05, 2015
AdeniyiA:
BODMAS, It's (3 )+( 3 *3 ) - 3 + 3, minus 3
cancels + 3 => 3 +9 = 12

C = 12
All of una na olodos.(u & d people wey click like)
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by AdeniyiA(m): 1:01pm On Sep 05, 2015
Teophilus96:
All of una na olodos.(u & d people wey click like)

lol.. professor, why don't you check page 9.

link.... https://www.nairaland.com/2576583/photo-95-people-fail-simple/9
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by awesomesossy(f): 1:12pm On Sep 05, 2015
Answer: 12
3+(3 x 3) - 3 + 3 = ?
As we know that we have to Follow the order of operations and we can solve this by using D.M.A.S Rule.
So by following this rule
First we will solve multiplication given in the given question. So (3 x 3 = 9)
Equation becomes 3 + 9 - 3 + 3
so 12 - 3 + 3 = 12
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by ThefemaleKing: 1:21pm On Sep 05, 2015
This calls for BODMAS.... Therefore the answer is 6. grin
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by abuaoyen(f): 1:23pm On Sep 05, 2015
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Dcanio: 1:31pm On Sep 05, 2015
The answer is D. Using BODMAS
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by adorable29(f): 1:33pm On Sep 05, 2015
The funny thing here is that EVERYONE seems to agree on the 3*3 =9 part! Cos the multiplication sign is what is making you think its a complex mathematics. Now that it has been eliminated, we are left with

3 + 9 - 3 + 3

So what we are arguing about is HOWWWWWW to solve

3 + 9 - 3 + 3 = ??

So you see why I dey shame say people wey call themselves graduates are finding it hard to solve it?

Haba naaaaa!

Again its just

3 + 9 - 3 + 3 =

Please just take "like terms" together and solve!

Biko what has bracket and dy/dx got to do with this kg 3 addition and subtraction?

Am outta here before I get infected with WombRaiders and his crew's kolomentality! The poster threw you off by saying 95percent of people can't solve it. Naim don turn una to craze people so. Psychology 101. Lmao!

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Ramos16(m): 2:05pm On Sep 05, 2015
Seventeen:
cheesy Bros am no mathematician, If 12 is actually d ans... *shrugging* fine
Like some of our funny naija brothers normally ask... "will the ans increase the value of naira?" cheesy.

Bros, it will go a long way to change the value of the Naira if you find yourself in Engineering of finance field.. Anywhere you find yourself, e go change the value of naira seff
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Seventeen(f): 2:08pm On Sep 05, 2015
Ramos16:

Bros, it will go a long way to change the value of the Naira if you find yourself in Engineering of finance field.. Anywhere you find yourself, e go change the value of naira seff
una still dey ds thread. Na wa ooo
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Ramos16(m): 2:10pm On Sep 05, 2015
WombRaiders:

Apply this rule with your calculator A + B = B + A and see if you will get the same answer.

Olodo.

Bros, abeg no vex oh, na which village you come from? because if na my village, thunder for don strike you with all these foolish maths and arguments way u da put forward.

A+B=B+A (Associativity)
if your calculator say e wrong, then that your calculator must come from your village as well

2+3 = 3+2 = 5
-2+3 = 3+(-2) = 3-2 = 1
2-3 = -3+2 = -1
-2-3 = -3-2 = -5
Try am for your calculator, if e wrong, then two things are involved, it is either your calculator is a villager or na you be villager, anyone wai e be, una no safe at all grin
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Ramos16(m): 2:13pm On Sep 05, 2015
Seventeen:
una still dey ds thread. Na wa ooo

sister, na CHANGE we da look for oh, aspa APC Things... we have to correct the result of bad educational system from Nigeria
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Ramos16(m): 2:18pm On Sep 05, 2015
WombRaiders:

You are an slowpoke to the core.

The answer remains 6.

It is only when dealing with variables in algebra that the prefixed sign of negative or positive applies.

In simple Bodmas arithmetics (which stands for Bracket, Open, Division, Multiplication, Addition and Subtraction) the last operation to be carried out is subtraction!

Naturally, you would have multiplied first then added the value to the 3 to the left.

So what stopped your dunce head from adding the values to the right?

As I said the final operation to be done is to subtract the values to the right from that in the left.

Dunces like you do not even know the difference between simple arithmetic problems involving absolute values to that of algebra involving variable assigned values.

Go and ask your nephews and nieces in primary school to re- educate you.

Dunce

Na now I know say some people no even know the BODMAS wai them da shout, BODMAS stands for
B = BRACKET
O = OF or ORDER or OVER (not and never OPEN)
D = DIVISION
M = MULTIPLICATION
A = ADDITION
S = SUBTRACTION

if you do not know what the OF stands for, sometimes you will hear in word problem where they say

20 is 5 times OF 4, that is where it comes from.(i.e 20/4) OF

or when you see 20/4 - OVER (still the same with OF)
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Seventeen(f): 2:19pm On Sep 05, 2015
Ramos16:

sister, na CHANGE we da look for oh, aspa APC Things... we have to correct the result of bad educational system from Nigeria
Enjoy
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Ramos16(m): 2:20pm On Sep 05, 2015
Seventeen:
Enjoy
you are welcome
Re: PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics by Christianwalase: 2:30pm On Sep 05, 2015
BishopMagic:

simple bodmas

[3+(3*3)]-(3+3)

= [3+9]-6

= 12-6

=6

you failed woefully

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

African Mother's Proud Display At Daughter's Convocation Sparks Mixed Reactions / Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 / 19 Everyday Things We Never Knew Had A Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.