Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,717 members, 7,924,296 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 09:11 AM

Football |diski Challenge - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Football |diski Challenge (405 Views)

CBN Beach Soccer Challenge Cup 2013 (2nd Edition) / South Africa Vs Nigeria: Nelson Mandela Challenge - (0 - 2) - Full Time / Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Football |diski Challenge by starsult: 12:36am On Sep 05, 2015
Name: Nelson Maluleka
Hometown: Mbalenhle – Mpumalanga
Nickname: Xavi – because I play like him
Position: Attacking midfield
Club: SuperSport United

How did you get into football - before choosing football as a career, did you have other choices?

I’ve loved football from school days, from very young. I used to play in tournaments and got motivated to play for big teams. I then started to go to trials and in 2011 I went to trial for SuperSport at TUT–and got selected.

Which other career path will you consider should you not become a professional footballer?

I’m currently in school in grade 11. I’d like to study law and become a judge. I’ll register for a law degree after matric.

Where do you see yourself in five years’ time?

I wish to play overseas. I feel that I’ve already achieved a lot this year. I made the Under 17 team and also become captain of the Under 17 team – which qualified for CAF next year.

How do you see the MultiChoice Diski Challenge helping you get there?

It’s beautiful what the Diski Challenge is doing for us, giving us the opportunity to show off our skills on TV. Makes people love soccer even more.

I’m gaining a lot of experience, it’s been very helpful playing with big players and an opportunity to go to Holland. Everyone is motivated to go overseas so this is the biggest opportunity.

Tell us about yourself outside football:

I love reading, I read the Bible in my spare time. I go to church regularly.

Family– Very supportive. Even though I lives far from them, we always find time to communicate.

(1) (Reply)

Sports, Or Sports Betting Section? / Mourinho Set To Make Major Changes Ahead Of Champions League Game Tomorrow / Lionel Messi Eye 100th Champions League Appearance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.