Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,281 members, 7,916,846 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 12:22 PM

Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri (45279 Views)

The Umale Festival Of The Ilaje And Itsekiri People / Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri / The Beauty Of Our Culture (ijaw , Urhobo, Itsekiri) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by erico2k2(m): 8:35pm On Sep 05, 2015
fratermathy:

That guy is just in denial on who he is. Firstly, there's no ethnic group in Nigeria known as Okpe. They are recognised as a part of Urhobo! All their appointments and socio-cultural ties are with the Urhobos. They are members of the UPU of the Urhobos. They answer Urhobo names, speak and understand general Urhobo but their own traditional dialect is very very deep just like Ijebu yoruba. Some of them, for political or personal reasons, claim to be different and the Isoko experiment (where a man named Otobo, an Isoko Man in the then Eastern Urhobo division of the Western Colonial Parliament, moved for Isoko's independence from Urhobo and succeeded) prove to be what they aspire towards. However, just like any other tribe, they are a dialect of Urhobo as much as Isoko is but they are more Urhobo in culture and language than the Isokos. Funny enough, Isoko and Okpe seem to be kith & kin.
The summary of all these is that Okpes are Urhobos! Don't let the deluded thinking of someone confuse you about this FACT!
xcelent my friend.

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by GodMode: 8:37pm On Sep 05, 2015
erico2k2:

dont say stuff if don't have facts, no kids here,don't just say waht you think

If you can't research yourself then you are the kid here.
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 05, 2015
destinysaid:
ok sir but sha differences dey between d two? cheesy

No difference bro.. Just normal Urhobo , just like Uvwie, Ughelli and co.
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 05, 2015
well since we are in d seaeon i could say they have big assets...especially ijaw women
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Evaromantik(m): 8:39pm On Sep 05, 2015
DashMeYansh:
Secession is Treason undecided. I will defend my motherland regardless of where I may be. If the Us had seceded they wouldn't have been a superpower. I share that dream for Nigeria. undecided
England today is a great nation........didn't Scottland sessede from them?.....i suggest that for nigeria aswell
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by RingimKabir(m): 8:39pm On Sep 05, 2015
Goodboiyy:

I mean Polygamous home, They love polygamous home, getting married to 3wives e.t.c more than any other tribe in Nigeria

Hehehe you forgot my tribe Hausa-Fulani. We are polygamous by nature, culture and religion. No tribe can beat Hausa-Fulani in terms of polygamy.

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by ebiboy2(m): 8:41pm On Sep 05, 2015
The most important similarity between them is that they are [size=18pt]BIAFRANS[/size].

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by GodMode: 8:41pm On Sep 05, 2015
Evaromantik:
Truely,Igbos are more welcoming.......the only people we hate is the Hausa/foolanies because the killed over 6million of us and subjected us into living in a country that is not ours but was created by the Europeans..........i dnt think it will be possible for jew to ever love Sir Adolf Hitler

East and the north have been fighting since the 1800's...
You should research before independence.
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 05, 2015
Ufuos4Love:
It shall be well with you sir. The noise of Okpe being or not being Urhobo is becoming too much nowadays, maybe because of it's size, and i think it's high time the people of Okpe led by the Orodje make a clarification on this issue. The truth is all the 22 clans/kingdoms in Urhobo all have unique dialects; it's just that majority of the spoken dialects are more similar to one another... Uvwie and Okpe dialects are the least when it some to general similarity, this phenomenon is also evident in other Nigerian ethnic groups. Urhobo wado, Delta wado, Nigeria wadooooo.

The Orodje Of Okpe already Cleared That since oo, Okpe is even a member of UPU ...

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by GodMode: 8:45pm On Sep 05, 2015
RingimKabir:

Hehehe you forgot my tribe Hausa-Fulani. We are polygamous by nature, culture and religion. No tribe can beat Hausa-Fulani in terms of polygamy.

There is no tribe like hausa-fulanigringrin

Hausa is a tribe.
Fulani is a tribe.

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 05, 2015
Interesting to know..........they don't even share land borders. After how many centuries. England could do okay on it's own after looting African countries for centuries. Breaking up this country is asking for 3 small B****es that the West can F*** at will undecided
Evaromantik:

England today is a great nation........didn't Scottland sessede from them?.....i suggest that for nigeria aswell

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Evaromantik(m): 8:48pm On Sep 05, 2015
DashMeYansh:
You are deluded, there is no point arguing with you. I hope there is a second wave of slaughtering for you guys. "There's profit to be made from war" cool
yes.......am not suprised to have heard such from you....this is the reason why the spirit of Biafra will never die,you guys keep taunting us and promise us genocide each time we talk of Biafra......there is nothing much to fear in death cause everyman is born to die......you may succede in your genocide this time cause an uncountable Biafrans have wakeup this time and thats all.....yuh tuh beenie fi me

2 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 05, 2015
Sanchez01:
Oniovo, biko, take out your number 7 abeg.
Y na, Re we not Educated ?
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 05, 2015
I'LL lay it flat to you. Thats Treason. I would wield a gun to kill A Secessionist. cool

Only cowards fear death.........But only _Stupid people die for lost causes
Evaromantik:

yes.......am not suprised to have heard such from you....this is the reason why the spirit of Biafra will never die,you guys keep taunting us and promise us genocide each time we talk of Biafra......there is nothing much to fear in death cause everyman is born to die......you may succede in your genocide this time cause an uncountable Biafrans have wakeup this time and thats all.....yuh tuh beenie fi me

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 05, 2015
ebiboy2:
[s] The most important similarity between them is that they are [size=18pt]BIAFRANS[/size].[/s]

Common gat away... Nor spoil our thread with ur madness

4 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Evaromantik(m): 8:58pm On Sep 05, 2015
GodMode:

East and the north have been fighting since the 1800's...
You should research before independence.
am aware of that because they are predominantly muslem while we are christians.....but after we became independent we hate eachother with a reason far more different from the issue of religion.......we couldn't unite and we try seccesion and they killed us in millions.......since the history must tell that of the civil war,there will never be peace and unity in this country....thats all i have for you

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Evaromantik(m): 9:02pm On Sep 05, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Common gat away... Nor spoil our thread with ur madness
bro you can tell him anything you like but............ah suh a go[thats the way it is]
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by mikron(m): 9:05pm On Sep 05, 2015
rawpadgin:
The ijaws are more accommodating

the itsekiri are not too friendly with strangers

one bottle of champagne for u.
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by mikron(m): 9:07pm On Sep 05, 2015
Aminat508:
Wetin be ijaw uhrobo nd isekiri? Na dance?
mallama we no dey talk hausa matter here
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Sanchez01: 9:07pm On Sep 05, 2015
erico2k2:

Y? are we not educated, if you feel so plz change your circle of friends.Join the urhobo scholars group, mayB you will meet more intellectuals of the urhobo kingdom.
MAYBE I don't even have any Urhobo friend and I don't need to join a "SCHOLAR" group to tell if Urhobos are educated or not. Study the life of Urhobos around you and not any socialite club. The number seven is very much debatable; it still does not change a thing though. I'm a full blooded Urhobo mangrin

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 05, 2015
Evaromantik:

bro you can tell him anything you like but............ah suh a go[thats the way it is]

pls nt in tha mood for ur sheet today, ur dream ends in ur Region, ... bye....
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by GodMode: 9:08pm On Sep 05, 2015
Evaromantik:

am aware of that because they are predominantly muslem while we are christians.....but after we became independent we hate eachother with a reason far more different from the issue of religion.......we couldn't unite and we try seccesion and they killed us in millions.......since the history must tell that of the civil war,there will never be peace and unity in this country....thats all i have for you

The east was winning against the north... If the east had not attacked the south west they might have won the civil war...

It was originally a north vs east war...

3 Likes

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Sanchez01: 9:08pm On Sep 05, 2015
SmartMugu:
Yes, number 7 can actually be a subject of debate.
Thank God someone agrees with me.
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by mikron(m): 9:09pm On Sep 05, 2015
islandmoon:
I heard the Urhobos are nacksons! cheesy
dem no knack reach us d ijaws cheesy
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Sanchez01: 9:10pm On Sep 05, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Y na, Re we not Educated ?
We are bro, we are. We're just not educated enough. By the way, what's with the hashtag in your sig
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by mikron(m): 9:11pm On Sep 05, 2015
obiak4:
A typical niger delta is very accomodating anywhere you meet them
ijaws are very accomodating for example in bayelsa half of the strangers here are yoruba's
proudly associating with the ijaws
haa izon!!!!!!
#Proudly9ja
izon keme emi? Emioooooooo
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by mikron(m): 9:14pm On Sep 05, 2015
Vegasailin:
I once worked on a ship with an Ijaw Captain...Very dubious and corny...I'm scared of Ijaw ppl...
because u had a bad experience with one person u generalize, it's like a foreigner calling all Nigerians drug peddlers because he came across a single Nigerian caught with drugs. I'm speechless

1 Like

Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by doubleO30(m): 9:17pm On Sep 05, 2015
exhibition:
ethnicities
Need anything from Jumia? Contact me now!
I fit see olosho for jumia
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 05, 2015
Sanchez01:

We are bro, we are. We're just not educated enough. By the way, what's with the hashtag in your sig

The only clan in Urhobo that re not that educated re the uvwie people, But the Ughelli, Agbon, Okpe they re very brilliant and well educated, were re u from ?

about #tag , Single parents, hope u get my point
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by obiak4(m): 9:21pm On Sep 05, 2015
mikron:
izon keme emi? Emioooooooo
izon keme fa oooo abey izon dolo dolo keme fa izon beke keme fa eeeeh
learning izon language keme fa izon dolo dolo
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by mikron(m): 9:22pm On Sep 05, 2015
gladys470:
hmmm is it the same ijaws i know of in bayelsa.. very lazy, their wife are the ones who work .. give birth to lots of children..they dont even send them to school.. if you think am lying ..please on your own calculate the number of ijaw in your school.
abi another ijaw people dey or are you talking about the ones in warri.
if u don't have anything better and meaningful to say pls let others contribute constructively. I'm from bayelsa state and I was d sec of nubss my state students Union in ABU ZARIA before I graduated last year and I can tell u here that we had about 103 members from bayelsa in that sch in d North, not d South where d bulk of our people live. The ijaws are d fourth largest ethnic tribe in naija. Do ur findings well b4 commenting on matters u knw nothing about
Re: Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri by Sanchez01: 9:24pm On Sep 05, 2015
Goodboiyy:

The only clan in Urhobo that re not that educated re the uvwie people, But the Ughelli, Agbon, Okpe they re very brilliant and well educated, were re u from ?

about #tag , Single parents, hope u get my point
True, I quite agree with you. I'm from Ughelli.smiley Now I understand your nowsmiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Burial Of Tafida Ila, Emir Of Rano: Only 20 People Attended - Bashir Ahmad / Ubang, Cross River, Nigerian Village Where Men & Women Speak Different Languages / Breast Ironing- What Is This Horrid, Spreading Culture All About?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.