Stats: 3,192,188 members, 7,947,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 11:17 AM

Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala (1193 Views)

Femi Aribisala Asks Zahra Buhari A Question Over Aso Rock Clinic Statement / Biya Approves Use Of Witchcraft To Fight Boko Haram(pic) / APC And The Spirit Of Witchcraft - By Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by MikelEleta(m): 7:33am On Sep 06, 2015
Both Christians and Muslims must reject outright the strange spirit that the APC, in its lust for power, has imported into Nigeria.

On 27th November, 2014, at the inauguration of Rauf Aregbesola as second-term governor of Osun State, Senator Bola Tinubu, National Leader of the APC, asked Nigerians to prepare their charms and other juju powers for the 2015 elections. Present on that occasion were the big guns of the APC, including now President Muhammadu Buhari, former party chairman Chief Bisi Akande and APC state governors.

Why would Tinubu, a practicing Muslim, ask people to seek occult powers in order to prevail in elections? Why would Yemi Osinbajo, a Christian pastor, later associate with a political party whose leadership dabbles in the occult?

Nigerians are a deeply religious people, whether Christian or Moslem. Both faiths believe in the Lord God Almighty. Neither permits resort to witchcraft. However, Hosea warns: “My people are destroyed because they have no knowledge.” Could it be that APC members and Nigerians at large are unaware of the cultist foundations upon which the party is built?

Cultic broom
The broom symbol of the ACN was later adopted as the logo of the APC with the coalition of the legacy parties. Millions of brooms were bought by APC supporters during the 2015 election campaigns, to the delight of broom-sellers. These were then brandished lavishly during the election rallies.

Ordinarily, the broom is a powerful and effective symbol for a political party. In practical everyday life, brooms are used to sweep away dirt. It is therefore appropriate for a political party, especially one in opposition, to use it as a symbol of its determination to sweep away the government in power and clean up the filth and corruption in Nigerian society.

However, the broom is also a witchcraft symbol believed by the cultist to provide the power to rise above the earthly plane and to soar in the spirit realm. In the West, brooms are associated with witches visualized as hags who fly through the air on broomsticks. These witches use their cultist brooms to sweep away their traces to avoid detection.

Herbalists use the broom to invoke the spirit of the dead. The broom is used as a gate or door before a ritual space. A witch draws a magical circle, enters it, and then places the broom over the doorway as a means to keep out unwanted energies or people.

President Buhari and VP Osinbajo holding a broom at a campaign rally. Photo credit: Heinrich

Bad luck
There is sufficient evidence to indicate that the APC employed the broom as an instrument of witchcraft and superstition during the 2015 elections. What is cultist about the APC broom is the way and manner it is displayed. The APC broom is held up and not down. It is held above the head and then waved in the air. This gives it a hidden meaning not generally recognised.

In the occult, when brooms are waved in the air, they have the opposite effect of cleaning up dirt; they spread dirt. When waved in the air, brooms pour dirt on our heads. This makes it sinister that the APC chose this very gesture as its definitive slogan.

In this part of the world, it is considered taboo for men especially to raise the broom above the head. To do so is to invoke evil spirits. With the broom raised everywhere during the campaigns, the APC used it to cast a spell on Nigerians. Many are just beginning to wake up from this spell after 100 days of a do-nothing Buhari administration.

In Yoruba folklore, it is a bad omen for the broom to stand erect; it must lie on the ground. The taboo is that if it stands erect, it will be used by evil spirits to bring bad luck. The occult design here was fitted for APC electoral purposes. The party used its cultist broom to sweep away good luck from Nigeria in the person of Goodluck Jonathan. This means its success at the polls portends a bad omen for Nigeria.

Witchcraft mumbo-jumbo says if you sweep out the room occupied by an unwelcome guest immediately after his departure, you will prevent him from returning. Therefore, after President Jonathan and the PDP finished their political rally at the polo ground in Kano in April 2015, the APC Kano State Governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso; his deputy, Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, and some members of governor’s cabinet came out with brooms to sweep the grounds. This shows they believed in the cultist powers of their logo and invoked it on the president.

Generational curses
In India, from where APC borrowed this hocus pocus, the mother goddess who waves the broom is called Shitala. This Hindu siren has several hands and is associated with quite a number of debilitating ailments, many not immediately apparent. At first, the broom would seem to meet all of our deepest longings. But, sooner than later, its devastating side-effects would emerge.

The broom is united at the bottom and this would seem to signify unity. However, it is scattered at the top, which spells disunity. With the scattered end waved in the air, the APC broom portends disunity for Nigeria, both at the party and at the national level.

With Buhari now at the helm, Nigerians have witnessed a lot of squabbles within the APC. Attempts to paper over the cracks are illusory. More ominous is President Buhari’s emergence as a sectional ethnic leader. His blatantly lopsided political appointments, designed to make the South a colony of the North, poses great threat Nigerian unity.

This should not come as a surprise. When you employ the broom goddess to sweep away your opponents, she also sweeps away your national image, your honour, strength, peace and independence as a nation.

Bad omen
By electing the APC into power, Nigerians inadvertently accepted the rule of the broom goddess. Unless a conscious effort is made to reject this evil spirit, it will prevail over our national affairs in the next four years. This will bring fruitless hard labour. People will work like jackasses and eat like ants. Holes will be burnt in pockets. Lives will be wasted needlessly.

The broom goddess brings emptiness and restlessness. She provides broken cisterns that cannot hold water. There will be no peace in the country and the people will reject the truth.

Indeed, the 100 days of APC government have been characterized by lies, more lies and broken promises. Nigeria has gone from go-slow to standstill. The currency has declined; the oil price has nose-dived; Boko Haram killings have multiplied. It is increasingly obvious that Nigerians were hypnotized and hoodwinked by the APC in the 2015 elections.

National redemption
It is not enough to claim disbelief in the power of the darkness. Witchcraft is real. If it were not, many would not subscribe to it and appeal to it. However, cultist power is far inferior to the power of God. This means the occult should not just be ignored; it must be resisted; otherwise its attendant evils will prevail. Therefore, those of us who believe in God must be strong in the Lord and in the power of his might.

Both Christians and Muslims need to fast and pray and take a stand. We must reject outright the strange spirit that the APC, in its lust for power, has imported into Nigeria. Source:http://www.nigerianeye.com/2015/09/apc-and-spirit-of-witchcraft-femi.html. C.c Lalastically, Ishilove, Seun please do justice and move to front page for education of Nigerians
Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by Abugab(m): 7:37am On Sep 06, 2015
Aribisala has started again.
If he knows so well about APC and their occultic powers how much does he know about PDP that he supports?
Nigeria going forward is largely based on Buhari and Osibanjo and thank goodness he didn't say they were occultic and thus we can move on as a nation. Whatever Tinubu or whosoever possesses will not hinder the nation's growth as those for the growth of the nation are more than those against it at this material time.
Aribisala is a man of God, how much prayers has he offered on behalf of the nation to suppress any power that is or wanting to work against the nation's progress? Many knows the extent politicians can go to get power but we must nullify their evil plans through prayers instead of heaping blames at the doorsteps of people he perceives as enemies. One undisputed fact he should always come to terms with is that those he supports never did well when they were in power and waiting for four years to score this administration should be a better way to criticizing them and their performance.

Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:00am On Sep 06, 2015
Abugab:
Aribisala has started again.
If he knows so well about APC and their occultic powers how much does he know about PDP that he supports?
Nigeria going forward is largely based on Buhari and Osibanjo and thank goodness he didn't say they were occultic and thus we can move on as a nation. Whatever Tinubu or whosoever possesses will not hinder the nation's growth as those for the growth of the nation are more than those against it at this material time.
Aribisala is a man of God, how much prayers has he offered on behalf of the nation to suppress any power that is or wanting to work against the nation's progress? Many knows the extent politicians can go to get power but we must nullify their evil plans through prayers instead of heaping blames at the doorsteps of people he perceives as enemies. One undisputed fact he should always come to terms with is that those he supports never did well when they were in power and waiting for four years to score this administration should be a better way to criticizing them and their performance.

1)Bolded can be seen already in states under them...Osun, Oyo, Ogun, Lagos etc

2)Maybe Buhari waited for 4yrs to criticize others before him?

3)He traced implications of broom as used by APC which we know is a taboo to be waved around in African society...

Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:03am On Sep 06, 2015
National redemption:
It is not enough to claim disbelief in the power of the darkness. Witchcraft is real. If it were not, many would not subscribe to it and appeal to it. However, cultist power is far inferior to the power of God. This means the occult should not just be ignored; it must be resisted; otherwise its attendant evils will prevail. Therefore, those of us who believe in God must be strong in the Lord and in the power of his might.

Both Christians and Muslims need to fast and pray and take a stand. We must reject outright the strange spirit that the APC, in its lust for power, has imported into Nigeria

Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by MizMyColi(f): 8:03am On Sep 06, 2015
Sometimes I wish Femi Aribisala would spew words which in my heart of hearts I know is thrash, but he keeps giving me reasons to stay hooked to his write up.

There are two salient points he raised which I will now point out and drop a short commentary on.

On 27th November, 2014, at the inauguration of Rauf Aregbesola as second-term governor of Osun State, Senator Bola Tinubu, National Leader of the APC, asked Nigerians to prepare their charms and other juju powers for the 2015 elections. Present on that occasion were the big guns of the APC, including now President Muhammadu Buhari, former party chairman Chief Bisi Akande and APC state governors.

Is this for real? Or is Femi saying this to beef up his article? Well, going by what I have seen and known personally about the man, Tinubu....I'm not awed.
This is the reality we will have to live with in the next four years. A government which publicly enthrones the use of charms and witchcraft, knowing fully well what is required to appease the powers behind such.
Based on this revelation, if there be whole truth in it, I am happy that I refused to be hoodwinked and senselessly swayed.

2. [b]
Bad luck
There is sufficient evidence to indicate that the APC employed the broom as an instrument of witchcraft and superstition during the 2015 elections. What is cultist about the APC broom is the way and manner it is displayed. The APC broom is held up and not down. It is held above the head and then waved in the air. This gives it a hidden meaning not generally recognised.

In the occult, when brooms are waved in the air, they have the opposite effect of cleaning up dirt; they spread dirt. When waved in the air, brooms pour dirt on our heads. This makes it sinister that the APC chose this very gesture as its definitive slogan.

In this part of the world, it is considered taboo for men especially to raise the broom above the head. To do so is to invoke evil spirits. With the broom raised everywhere during the campaigns, the APC used it to cast a spell on Nigerians. Many are just beginning to wake up from this spell after 100 days of a do-nothing Buhari administration.

In Yoruba folklore, it is a bad omen for the broom to stand erect; it must lie on the ground. The taboo is that if it stands erect, it will be used by evil spirits to bring bad luck. The occult design here was fitted for APC electoral purposes.

The broom is united at the bottom and this would seem to signify unity. However, it is scattered at the top, which spells disunity. With the scattered end waved in the air, the APC broom portends disunity for Nigeria, both at the party and at the national level.
[/b]

I rest my case.

Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by Obrigardo: 8:05am On Sep 06, 2015
So this ribsala guy is finally jobless, writing for nigerian eye, thats one useless blog. See what change has done to this guy.

Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:06am On Sep 06, 2015
Bad omen:
By electing the APC into power, Nigerians inadvertently accepted the rule of the broom goddess. Unless a conscious effort is made to reject this evil spirit, it will prevail over our national affairs in the next four years. This will bring fruitless hard labour. People will work like jackasses and eat like ants. Holes will be burnt in pockets. Lives will be wasted needlessly.

The broom goddess brings emptiness and restlessness. She provides broken cisterns that cannot hold water. There will be no peace in the country and the people will reject the truth.
Indeed, the 100 days of APC government have been characterized by lies, more lies and broken promises. Nigeria has gone from go-slow to standstill. The currency has declined; the oil price has nose-dived; Boko Haram killings have multiplied. It is increasingly obvious that Nigerians were hypnotized and hoodwinked by the APC in the 2015 elections.

Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:09am On Sep 06, 2015
Herbalists use the broom to invoke the spirit of the dead. The broom is used as a gate
or door before a ritual space. A witch draws a magical circle, enters it, and then places
the broom over the doorway as a means to keep out unwanted energies or people.

Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:10am On Sep 06, 2015
In India, from where APC borrowed this hocus pocus, the mother goddess who waves
the broom is called Shitala. This Hindu siren has several hands and is associated with
quite a number of debilitating ailments, many not immediately apparent. At first, the
broom would seem to meet all of our deepest longings. But, sooner than later, its
devastating side-effects would emerge.

Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:11am On Sep 06, 2015
In Yoruba folklore, it is a bad omen for the broom to stand erect; it must lie on the
ground. The taboo is that if it stands erect, it will be used by evil spirits to bring bad
luck. The occult design here was fitted for APC electoral purposes. The party used its
cultist broom to sweep away good luck from Nigeria in the person of Goodluck
Jonathan. This means its success at the polls portends a bad omen for Nigeria.

Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by themilanway(m): 8:17am On Sep 06, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy I'm trying to understand the amount of pain and frustration this man must be going through after GEJ was kicked out.

Why can't these people live with it?Why are they still so bitter?In life you win some and you lose some.

If the APC is an occultic party,who does PDP represents?

Actually,weed is not meant for everybody.

Femi you have been smoking the wrong weed.

Useless people.

Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by themilanway(m): 8:18am On Sep 06, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy I'm trying to understand the amount of pain and frustration this man must be going through after GEJ was kicked out.

Why can't these people live with it?Why are still so bitter?In life you win some and you lose some.

Useless people.

Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by funshybam(m): 8:25am On Sep 06, 2015
will come back to modify my comment...lemme read first
Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 06, 2015
Revealed a lot but necessarily true.
Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by tomakint: 1:13pm On Sep 06, 2015
MizMyColi:
[font=Georgia]Sometimes I wish Femi Aribisala would spew words which in my heart of hearts I know is thrash, but he keeps giving me reasons to stay hooked to his write up.

[font=Georgia]Is this for real? Or is Femi saying this to beef up his article? Well, going by what I have seen and known personally about the man, Tinubu....I'm not awed.
My dear,what you just read on this thread about the APC and their brooms is nothing but the absolute TRUTH!

Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by PassingShot(m): 1:26pm On Sep 06, 2015
MizMyColi:
Sometimes I wish Femi Aribisala would spew words which in my heart of hearts I know is thrash, but he keeps giving me reasons to stay hooked to his write up.

There are two salient points he raised which I will now point out and drop a short commentary on.

Is this for real? Or is Femi saying this to beef up his article? Well, going by what I have seen and known personally about the man, Tinubu....I'm not awed.
This is the reality we will have to live with in the next four years. A government which publicly enthrones the use of charms and witchcraft, knowing fully well what is required to appease the powers behind such.
Based on this revelation, if there be whole truth in it, I am happy that I refused to be hoodwinked and senselessly swayed.

2. [b][/b]

I rest my case.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You're amazingly funny!
Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by tomakint: 1:27pm On Sep 06, 2015
I don't pity many Nigerians especially those who are easily convinced against their own conscience.....indeed the signs of the times had justified Femi Aribisala's conviction. Truly, it takes fools to be led by idiots this is the story of our 10 steps forward 20 steps backward. What a pity
Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by PassingShot(m): 1:29pm On Sep 06, 2015
themilanway:

Why can't these people live with it?Why are still so bitter?In life you win some and you lose some.

Useless people.
The answer lies in the fact that they never believed that "the almighty PDP" that was meant to rule for sixty years could be kicked out of Aso Rock just like a paper weight party.

Their desperation and wailing has known no bounds and will continue to be so until reality brought about by good governance sets in later.

When they begin to see some of the looters behind bars in few months time, that reality may make some of them shut up permanently too.
Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by PassingShot(m): 1:32pm On Sep 06, 2015
I just dey laugh at the wailers above here ooo.

Please continue to cry us a river or ocean or lagoon. Anyhow as una like am!
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by Abugab(m): 1:45pm On Sep 06, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

1)Bolded can be seen already in states under them...Osun, Oyo, Ogun, Lagos etc

2)Maybe Buhari waited for 4yrs to criticize others before him?

3)He traced implications of broom as used by APC which we know is a taboo to be waved around in African society...

Waving a broom has never been a taboo as far as I know on my knowledge of African religion and culture.
Aribisala shouldn't start talking about African culture just because he wants to write a story that will suite him.

Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by MizMyColi(f): 3:24pm On Sep 06, 2015
tomakint:

My dear,what you just read on this thread about the APC and their brooms is nothing but the absolute TRUTH!

I believe there is something sinister about APC as a party. This is not absolving PDP though...
Time will bare all.
Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by tomakint: 5:33pm On Sep 06, 2015
MizMyColi:

Replied cool
Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by TheFilmmaker: 5:43pm On Sep 06, 2015
MizMyColi:

2. [b][/b]

I rest my case.

You don download the book? Or you need a download link?
Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by MizMyColi(f): 6:02pm On Sep 06, 2015
tomakint:

Replied cool

Received and replied.

I believe there is something sinister about APC as a party. This is not absolving PDP though...
Time will bare all.

Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by MizMyColi(f): 6:04pm On Sep 06, 2015
PassingShot:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You're amazingly funny!

Your compliment is appreciated.
Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by tomakint: 6:14pm On Sep 06, 2015
MizMyColi:

Received and replied.

Time will bare all.

Yeah you're right but PDP is a far better party in terms of operations and organization, like you said, time will bare it all!
Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by MizMyColi(f): 6:29pm On Sep 06, 2015
tomakint:

Replied, yeah you're right but PDP is a far better party in terms of operations and organization, like you said, time will bare it all!

I do agree with you.
I prefer PDP's wholistic inclusion.
Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by double0seven(m): 7:03pm On Sep 06, 2015
Little by little, hatred for Buhari is making this man to go mad.
Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2015
Abugab:

Waving a broom has never been a taboo as far as I know on my knowledge of African religion and culture.
Aribisala shouldn't start talking about African culture just because he wants to write a story that will suite him.

Really ...Why not wave a broom up daily around you or hit someone with a broom and see what your people tells you...probably you're still a boy...
Re: Apc And The Spirit Of Witchcraft By Femi Aribisala by Abugab(m): 8:48pm On Sep 06, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Really ...Why not wave a broom up daily around you or hit someone with a broom and see what your people tells you...probably you're still a boy...

We are talking about waving a broom and not hitting someone with a broom. Understand the difference here and don't muddle things up.
If you say I am still a boy it means you are not yet born then. I know this for a fact.

PHOTOS: Buhari Meets With Uk's Chief Of Defence Staff / Ex-militants Threaten To Unleash Mayhem In Niger Delta / LIVE: Nigeria Senate Set To Decide Amaechi's Ministerial Fate

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97