Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,353 members, 7,920,322 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 01:26 AM

Over 100,000 Signatures On U.K. Petition To Arrest Netanyahu In London(pix) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 100,000 Signatures On U.K. Petition To Arrest Netanyahu In London(pix) (443 Views)

Remi Tinubu Writes Petition To Police IG Over Dino Melaye. See The Petition / Over 100,000 Signatures On U.K. Petition To Arrest Netanyahu In London / Petition to arrest Netanyahu gains momentum in UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Over 100,000 Signatures On U.K. Petition To Arrest Netanyahu In London(pix) by seagulsntrawler: 10:12pm On Sep 06, 2015
Over 100,000 Signatures on U.K. Petition to Arrest Netanyahu in London
By wmw_adminonSeptember 6, 2015
Haaretz — Sept 6, 2015
A petition calling for the arrest of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu when he visits the United Kingdom later this week has gained more than 100,000 signatures, meaning it will technically be considered for debate in the U.K. parliament, the Albawaba News website reported.
The petition, which appears on the official government website, reads: “Benjamin Netanyahu is to hold talks in London this September. Under international law he should be arrested for war crimes upon arrival in the U.K for the massacre of over 2000 civilians in 2014.”
According to U.K. law, petitions achieving more than 100,000 signatures are considered for debate by parliament. It is not clear, however, if and when a debate will be held.
Responding to the petition – also a requirement when the 100,000 signature mark is reached – the U.K. government said that Netanyahu, as a visiting head of state, is “entitled to immunity, which includes inviolability and complete immunity from criminal jurisdiction.”
The government “recognize[s] that the conflict in Gaza last year took a terrible toll,” the response continued, but it noted that Israel has the “right to take proportionate action to defend itself, within the boundaries of international humanitarian law.”
It went on to condemn Hamas for its “terrorist tactics,” and reiterated that the U.K.’s “priority for the Israeli-Palestinian conflict remains the achievement of a two-state solution, based on 1967 borders.”
“We continue to believe that negotiations will be necessary in order to achieve this, and that both parties need to focus on steps that are conducive to peace,” the response said. “The U.K. government will reinforce this message to Mr. Netanyahu during his visit.”
Source: http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/1.674770

Re: Over 100,000 Signatures On U.K. Petition To Arrest Netanyahu In London(pix) by yanabasee(m): 10:15pm On Sep 06, 2015
Sai Baba grin.
Sai scam.
Sai I love to travel.
Sai I am a scam.
Sai Nigeria will be islamised.
Sai my asset declaration is fake.
Sai Ghananians doesn't know I'm a tyrant grin
Sai I have just 1million naira.
Sai I can't do with cows. That's why I think like a cow
Sai I love propaganda.
Sai my party knows how to cover me up.
Sai I don't care about what Nigerians say about me.
Sai I'll deliver Nigeria when I'm 77years grin
Sai grin tongue
Re: Over 100,000 Signatures On U.K. Petition To Arrest Netanyahu In London(pix) by madridguy(m): 10:17pm On Sep 06, 2015
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Buhari, Not Interested In Nominees Of Govs, Senators, Reps For His Cabinet / Drainage / Mua’zu Set To Dump PDP, Form New Party And Contest For President In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.