Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,058 members, 7,946,608 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 10:20 PM

See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I (19061 Views)

Hurry!!!!! Lets Go There, 30% Monthly ROI Without Stress - Join Me / Get Your Uae/dubai Visa Without Stress / Make 20k Or More Weekly Without Stress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by NDGODSWILL(m): 2:40pm On Sep 27, 2015
Thank u for this... Looking forward to the completing part
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by dpresh(m): 10:29am On Oct 14, 2015
Thanks @Nnaeb.
Would like to learn more on marketing from you. I recently took up marketing as a profession.
Could you reach me at 'dpresh@yahoo.ca'?
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by Intelligentdude(m): 7:01am On Jul 03, 2016
Nnaeb:
Sell what you love

Make sure you love what you are getting on board to sell. If you take up a marketing job just to keep busy while looking for a better job, u will end up wasting your time. Passion is a key word in marketing and you can’t have passion for what you don’t love. Personally, I don’t love insurance, so I will have a difficult time selling it. But some dudes are also making it big time in insurance because they love it and it is paying off. There are so many products and services to be sold. Look for the one you love and give it your best shot.

Product knowledge

A broad knowledge of your product is vital to effective selling. Research about the product, find out the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) concerning your product. This will help you master the product at your fingertips. Also, take it a step further by carrying out a research on competing products and services. You must know the advantage they have over yours and the advantage your product has over theirs. That way when you meet with a prospective client, you put your best foot forward by emphasizing on your advantage (USP).

Define your market

Nigeria is the largest market in Africa and one of the largest in the world. However, it is not everything that will sell in Nigeria. Before you get on board to sell any product, do a personal study of the market and figure out if there is a need for it. Define the market segment and also see how readily available the market is. Is it a product for the Elite class, or low income persons, men or women, kids, youths or adults? Define your market. That something is selling in Lagos does not mean it will sell in Enugu.

Draw up a list of prospective buyers

Marketing is a field job, yes I concur. But don’t be in a hurry to hit the field without a clear direction and plan. Stay at home or in the office and draw up a list of your prospective buyers. The prospects on the list should be up to 100 at least. Also, include at five high profile prospective clients. Those ones that will give you a major breakthrough if you succeed in selling to one of them. Source for the contacts and phone numbers of the prospects either through google map, v connect, their website or ask for it.

Develop a sales script

Develop a powerful sales script that will guide your discussion with a prospect. The sales script must cover greeting, personal introduction, product introduction, request for a meeting, and some other things. Some sales consultants can help you develop one if you can’t do it yourself. But it is something you can do.

Call and arrange a meeting

I have said before that marketing is not all about getting yourself engrossed in activity and dissipating energy. That is why some persons complain about the stress. It’s funny how people just dress up from their homes and start wondering the streets of Lagos aimlessly in the name of marketing. That is not professional. Sit down and call ten prospects in a day to arrange for a meeting. Out of the ten, three persons will grant you an appointment. That way, you can plan your movement and schedules effectively. This will help you conserve energy and cut down on aimless transportation cost.

Let’s stop here at the moment. I will complete this article tomorrow. Let me not bore you with long stories cos I really want us to understand everything.

Have a great day

http://jobtrends.com.ng/revealed-10-secrets-of-effective-selling/
This is great@Op.Very educative.
Truth is the best sellers ain't usually people with great content but rather people with great marketing strategies/skill.
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by Intelligentdude(m): 7:07am On Jul 03, 2016
missKiffy:
A lot of people hates marketing jobs, including me
Lol,do you know that we all do marketing one way or another without really knowing?.
You go for an interview, your mission is to convince them enough so that you will be hired,then you start marketing yourself to them(telling them the reasons why they should hire you,how you can boost their company's efficiency etc).
Please don't think marketing is what our banks are doing via their Marketers,nope that is Markslaving.

Marketing is a life profession dear.Cheers
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by realunclej(m): 7:15am On Jul 03, 2016
A new multinational agency is urgently seeking high-quality individuals to filll in as marketing manager in Local government area across Lagos and Benin. We are looking for a few good people who can bring high quality work to our team and are “A” players at the top of their game, or willing to get there. Salary is attractive and a minimum of N100,000.

We need 1 person per LGA or LCDA in Lagos. 1 person per LGA in Benin. Applicants from each LGA/LCDA will be invited for an interview screening session. The person with the highest score will be selected and offer immediate employment.

HOW TO APPLY
Text your LGA/LCDA, Name, Sex, Age, Qualification & Phone number to 07066999466 or or info@incometutors.com.ng The first 3 applicants from each LGA/LCDA will be invited for the interview. Once you apply simply leave a message here with your LGA/LCDA. Something like "I am in Surulere LGA"

Pls come at the schedule time for interview otherwise you will not be accepted. You may as well come with a passport and your CV if available.
The interview will take place on Tuesday 5th July 2016 in Lagos and Monday 11th July 2016 in Benin. If you can't make it, please don't apply.
Re: See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I by missKiffy(f): 7:44am On Jul 03, 2016
Intelligentdude:
Lol,do you know that we all do marketing one way or another without really knowing?.
You go for an interview, your mission is to convince them enough so that you will be hired,then you start marketing yourself to them(telling them the reasons why they should hire you,how you can boost their company's efficiency etc).
Please don't think marketing is what our banks are doing via their Marketers,nope that is Markslaving.

Marketing is a life profession dear.Cheers
Funny enough, I now work in the marketing department in my company. Wasn't employed as a marketer BT was "drafted" into d team

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries / When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC / NSCDC New Salary Scale Structure (updated)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.