Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,099 members, 7,890,623 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:08 PM

The Importance Of Knowledge - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Importance Of Knowledge (1403 Views)

Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) / What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? / The Importance Of Being Thankful To God Through Charity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Importance Of Knowledge by Gombs(m): 8:27am On Sep 07, 2015
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge... (Hosea 4:6)

Sad as this may sound, it's true nonetheless! God's people suffer in life, not because they don't pray enough or love God enough, but because they lack accurate and adequate knowledge of the Word. Reiterating this, the Lord Jesus said in Matthew 22:29, "...Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures...."

When people lack accurate and relevant spiritual information from God's Word, they experience defeat and failure. This isn't because they're "weak" Christians or because God couldn't deliver them; it's just the plain and inevitable result of ignorance.

Psalm 82:5-7 is so touching; it describes the debacle and despondency of the one who's ignorant of his heritage and identity in Christ. It says, "They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course. I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes." Pathetic!

Now you can better understand why in the lives of some people, things aren't just happening the way they should; they're putting in all the efforts they could, yet nothing productive is coming out. What's the problem? Ignorance: they know not, neither do they understand; they walk on in darkness, destroyed by sickness and plummeted by the harsh elements of this world. Is this the lot for the Christian? Emphatically no! The Bible declares, "...but through knowledge shall the just be delivered" (Proverbs 11:9).

If you have knowledge, there'll be a difference in your life. The knowledge of God's Word will build you up, and deliver your God-given inheritance into your hands (Acts 20:32).

If you've been wondering why your experiences haven't been as victorious as the Word describes, you need to spend more time studying and meditating on the Word. Build your faith with the Word of God, for faith comes by hearing (Romans 10:17).

As the Word comes to you, don't just agree by way of mental assent, respond by confessing the same things. Soon enough, you'll change the situation.
Re: The Importance Of Knowledge by orunto27: 11:46am On Sep 07, 2015
Knowledge is female. The male is Direction and their Issues are Goodness, Development, Expansion, Improvements, Enlargement, Projections, Planning & Control,Reporting, Revision etc. Read your , Bible well and . pray for God is Knowledge.
Re: The Importance Of Knowledge by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 07, 2015
Most of you who read the Bible everyday are still blind anyway. The bible is written in codes for the wise and knowledge seekers,not those who follow it religiously like Twitter. Ignorance is bliss tho,millions of Christians are so ignorant of the fact that Aliens created our human body grin grin grin

All this deliverance and Spiritual battles are all jokes. SCIENCE,SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY is the Savior of humanity!!!

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Knowledge by macof(m): 3:06pm On Sep 07, 2015
ifeness:
Most of you who read the Bible everyday are still blind anyway. The bible is written in codes for the wise and knowledge seekers,not those who follow it religiously like Twitter. Ignorance is bliss tho,millions of Christians are so ignorant of the fact that Aliens created our human body grin grin grin

All this deliverance and Spiritual battles are all jokes. SCIENCE,SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY is the Savior of humanity!!!

Where in the bible did aliens create u?

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Knowledge by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 07, 2015
macof:

Learn to ignore my comments as I do ignore yours.
Re: The Importance Of Knowledge by plaetton: 3:28pm On Sep 07, 2015
macof:

The Elohim /god that is believed to have created Adam and Eve were Obviously not from earth.

Doesn't that FACT make them aliens?

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Knowledge by plaetton: 3:31pm On Sep 07, 2015
ifeness:

It is simply puzzling that despite what science has given us in just the last 200yrs, after groping in the dark for tens of thousands of years, people, mostly Africans, are still science deniers, and still looking up to invisible sky fairies.

I just can't seem to get it. undecided
Re: The Importance Of Knowledge by macof(m): 3:46pm On Sep 07, 2015
ifeness:

Learn to ignore my comments as I do ignore yours.

So you don't know where in the bible aliens created you?
Re: The Importance Of Knowledge by macof(m): 3:49pm On Sep 07, 2015
plaetton:

The Elohim /god that is believed to have created Adam and Eve were Obviously not from earth.

Doesn't that FACT make them aliens?

I wouldn't say "obviously"

Btw saying the bible projects aliens as the creators of humans is also saying aliens created the earth
Re: The Importance Of Knowledge by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2015
plaetton:

It is simply puzzling that despite what science has given us in just the last 200yrs, after groping in the dark for tens of thousands of years, people, mostly Africans, are still science deniers, and still looking up to invisible sky fairies.

I just can't seem to get it. undecided

The power of brainwash is very important in slowing down the Western colonies. The fact that Parents are involved in directly and unconsciously teaching their kids about religion and backwardness has made it difficult for many kids of "third world countries" to ask questions. Besides the resources to be actively involved in science is limited in Africa.

The ones with the inquisitive minds are quickly ridiculed so they don't influence others. If truly there are miracles happening in these churches,they will be reported on national TV.

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Knowledge by plaetton: 4:02pm On Sep 07, 2015
macof:

I wouldn't say "obviously"

Btw saying the bible projects aliens as the creators of humans is also saying aliens created the earth
I don't know what you mean or arguing against.

According to the bible, for those that believe in it, the Elohim, the plural of EL (god), who supposedly created earth and every life in it, were not native to earth.

Anything not native to earth is ALIEN.
Do you not understand that simple definition?
Re: The Importance Of Knowledge by Gombs(m): 4:09pm On Sep 07, 2015
Dear Lord Jesus!

What's happening here?! grin grin grin
Re: The Importance Of Knowledge by macof(m): 4:58pm On Sep 07, 2015
plaetton:

I don't know what you mean or arguing against.

According to the bible, for those that believe in it, the Elohim, the plural of EL (god), who supposedly created earth and every life in it, were not native to earth.

Anything not native to earth is ALIEN.
Do you not understand that simple definition?

Oh I understand. ..ifeness seemed to be talking of anthropomorphic beings from outer space
Re: The Importance Of Knowledge by Nobody: 1:04am On Sep 08, 2015
Gombs:

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge... (Hosea 4:6)

Sad as this may sound, it's true nonetheless! God's people suffer in life, not because they don't pray enough or love God enough, but because they lack accurate and adequate knowledge of the Word. Reiterating this, the Lord Jesus said in Matthew 22:29, "...Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures...."

When people lack accurate and relevant spiritual information from God's Word, they experience defeat and failure. This isn't because they're "weak" Christians or because God couldn't deliver them; it's just the plain and inevitable result of ignorance.

Psalm 82:5-7 is so touching; it describes the debacle and despondency of the one who's ignorant of his heritage and identity in Christ. It says, "They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course. I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes." Pathetic!

Now you can better understand why in the lives of some people, things aren't just happening the way they should; they're putting in all the efforts they could, yet nothing productive is coming out. What's the problem? Ignorance: they know not, neither do they understand; they walk on in darkness, destroyed by sickness and plummeted by the harsh elements of this world. Is this the lot for the Christian? Emphatically no! The Bible declares, "...but through knowledge shall the just be delivered" (Proverbs 11:9).

If you have knowledge, there'll be a difference in your life. The knowledge of God's Word will build you up, and deliver your God-given inheritance into your hands (Acts 20:32).

If you've been wondering why your experiences haven't been as victorious as the Word describes, you need to spend more time studying and meditating on the Word. Build your faith with the Word of God, for faith comes by hearing (Romans 10:17).

As the Word comes to you, don't just agree by way of mental assent, respond by confessing the same things. Soon enough, you'll change the situation.

Very correct.
Knowledge is power.
If you read through the Epistles,Most of the Paul-ine prayers were basicaaly about knowledge.

Eph1:16-23.
Eph3:14-21.
Col1:9-11.
Philippians1:9-11.
Philemon1:6.
Re: The Importance Of Knowledge by horlarwhalhe: 7:50am On Sep 08, 2015
Please his Elohim one God or many?
Re: The Importance Of Knowledge by Gombs(m): 10:13am On Sep 08, 2015
horlarwhalhe:
Please his Elohim one God or many?

Plural form of God in Hebrews... Referring to the trinity in a sense, and is the first name of God given in the Old Testament.

(1) (Reply)

Is Killing An Apostate In Islam Law? / Share Your Weird,supernatural,mystical Encounters With The World. / Is This True About God? I Need Clarification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.