Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,839 members, 7,882,956 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 07:31 PM

Alternative To Do International Money Transfer - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Alternative To Do International Money Transfer (1479 Views)

Payoneer: The Best Means Of International Money Transfer Supported In Nigeria / Worldremit Lauds CBN On Restoration Of International Money Transfer Operators / Please Help: Naira International Money Transfer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alternative To Do International Money Transfer by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 07, 2015
I went to gtbank today to do foreign currency transfer to india and i was told they no longer accept dollar neither do they do foreign currency transfer out of nigeria. So i am looking for an alternative means which i can use to transfer dollar money out of nigeria to india.
Re: Alternative To Do International Money Transfer by arbitrage: 3:29pm On Sep 07, 2015
bigmodo:
I went to gtbank today to do foreign currency transfer to india and i was told they no longer accept dollar neither do they do foreign currency transfer out of nigeria. So i am looking for an alternative means which i can use to transfer dollar money out of nigeria to india.

What of transfer from your domiciliary account with them?
Re: Alternative To Do International Money Transfer by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 07, 2015
bank says they dont accept foreign currency anymore.
Re: Alternative To Do International Money Transfer by Eyop: 7:25pm On Sep 07, 2015
bigmodo:
bank says they dont accept foreign currency anymore.

Do you have a Dom account with GTB?
Re: Alternative To Do International Money Transfer by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 07, 2015
Sure i do. But they say they dont accept dollar anymore.
Re: Alternative To Do International Money Transfer by Eyop: 8:16pm On Sep 07, 2015
bigmodo:
Sure i do. But they say they dont accept dollar anymore.

Yes they don't accept dollar anymore but the funds you intend to wire out currently in your Dom account?
Re: Alternative To Do International Money Transfer by Nobody: 6:39am On Sep 08, 2015
What do you mean by the funds i intend to wire out currently in my domiciliary account? They dont accept me to pay dollar into my domiciliary account, so there is no way i put dollar in it and wire it out.
Re: Alternative To Do International Money Transfer by Eyop: 6:57am On Sep 08, 2015
bigmodo:
What do you mean by the funds i intend to wire out currently in my domiciliary account? They dont accept me to pay dollar into my domiciliary account, so there is no way i put dollar in it and wire it out.

That's part of the reasons why you are having problem because you want to wire funds out using the old style of doing it which is no longer possible due to restrictions. Buy dollar via online inflow and once it hits your account,you can do your wire transfer easily without any problem atleast i know it happens with Zenith,Diamond,Union and other banks. Even GTB i believe will gladly do that for you if you have genuine reasons for the outflow and if the inflow wasn't cash deposit. I suggest you contact your account officer for more info.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Adeyeye Emerges Senate Chief Whip / Do You Need A Driver? / Anybody With SPSS Smartreader?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.