Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,063 members, 7,949,646 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 03:03 PM

Tribalism In The Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tribalism In The Church? (2977 Views)

10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF / The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tribalism In The Church? by naijaking1: 2:17am On Apr 06, 2009
I just visited my friends RCCG church today. His family was having a celebration, so I attended as a visitor. I was impressed by many of the functions, but I noticed that 99% of the officials were Yorubas, Igbos made 40-50% of the lay membership. So, I asked the question. My friend is Efik. He said the church is World wide, but he too had noticed that more than 95% of the leaders are Yorubas. I also remember there was an issue of tribalism in Cherubim and Seraphin church a few years ago. Could it be true that while they preach nationalistic themes, that one has to be of certain tribe to advance in the ranks of these local churches?

(1) (Reply)

Muslims Be Careful Of The Shoes You Buy: See What Was Seen On This Shoe. / My Faith Turning To An Atheist / Bad dream about my friend, should I tell her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.