Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,255 members, 7,967,631 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 11:53 PM

nokia su-33w tv receiver update - Phones (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / nokia su-33w tv receiver update (173699 Views)

Nokia Su-33w Tv Receiver Update - Part 2 / Re: Nokia Su-33w Tv Receiver Update / Nokia Tv Receiver Device, Nokia 3110c And Blackberry 7290 For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (107) (Go Down)

Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by nellaluv(f): 11:36am On Dec 01, 2010
^^ lol, me too grin
ceejay80s:

maybe the signal is poor in the area that u are in, or update your phone firmware *#0000# click on option and check for update,if it finds one, then update it,recharge your sim with 1000naira and activate mtn browsing on your phone, then u can start the update,make sure u have a full battery ,wait till u see update complete on your phone ,then u know its ready

It's already on the latest firmware: v30.033, software version date 18 06 09. I still did what u said sha, no update available. Maybe it's poor signal. Thanks anyways.
Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by ceejay80s(m): 12:52pm On Dec 01, 2010
nellaluv:

^^ lol, me too grin
It's already on the latest firmware: v30.033, software version date 18 06 09. I still did what u said sha, no update available. Maybe it's poor signal. Thanks anyways.
check ur phone memory and make sure its above 12-15mb or try using it with earpiece, i hear the earpiece serves as as the antenna for n96,that is one of the reason i dont recommend n96 to any body in terms of watching mobile tv,the signal is always poor
Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by user32(m): 1:26pm On Dec 01, 2010
when did dstv mobile started working on OFFLINE MODE. It wasnt working some months ago
Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by ceejay80s(m): 1:38pm On Dec 01, 2010
i have this aitel live tv on my phone but its not working,hope they do something about it quickly

Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by ceejay80s(m): 1:43pm On Dec 01, 2010
@user32 check ur yahoo messenger now!!!!!!!!
Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by deenawe(m): 4:58pm On Dec 01, 2010
@ceejay, i know its s40 and all, but can the c3 support any form of the tv reciever at all? ??and the airtel stuff u posted about earlier,
Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by ceejay80s(m): 5:11pm On Dec 01, 2010
deenawe:

@ceejay, i know its s40 and all, but can the c3 support any form of the tv reciever at all? ??and the airtel stuff u posted about earlier,
ur phone can only support gprs,edge streaming and some java tv players,lets see what AIRTEL will offer,but i doubt mobile tv powered through 3G,gprs and Egde succeeding ,we too plenty for naija the server go slow then u go hate the tv, see the browsing for instance, very slow. And its the same server that powers the mobile tv, unlike DVB-H, the best
Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by user32(m): 6:48pm On Dec 01, 2010
@cj i don see ur mesg,(joking) but na only 1 bar of battery u go use watch the tv. Lol grin
Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by ceejay80s(m): 5:41pm On Dec 04, 2010
Arsenal VS fulham live on SUPERSPORT 7 DSTV MOBILE!!!
Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by Brite02(m): 8:10pm On Dec 04, 2010
dos dstv receiver work wit nokia e63
Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by ceejay80s(m): 10:56pm On Dec 04, 2010
Brite02:

NO!
Brite02:

NO!
Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by Yinkade(m): 11:54pm On Dec 04, 2010
cj have u hrd of the new mobile tv drifta its like the receiver buh this one works via wifi and it can wrk wiv laptops iphone nd so on i just read it in the dstvmobile site , u can google it sha its called the mobile tv drifta
Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by Dclique(m): 1:05am On Dec 05, 2010

Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by Dclique(m): 1:08am On Dec 05, 2010
It will be available march next year

Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by user32(m): 3:11am On Dec 05, 2010
Dclique:

Yep!,its true.
www.dstvmobile.com/dstvmobile/content/en/south-africa-plus/south-africa-plus-about-drifta
naa men dis lastest gadget go good no be small, finally cheap and reliable prenium tv on our laptop screen.
Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by user32(m): 3:23am On Dec 05, 2010
i don even download the software, ceejay just confirm the price of the receiver
Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by user32(m): 4:33am On Dec 05, 2010
more good news, the new dstv mobile drift is reported also compatible with blackberry device and symbian v3 phones
Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by ceejay80s(m): 8:25am On Dec 05, 2010
The device isnt ok if it runs on WIFI, some wifi signal in nigeria dey locked and u need their passcode, the one in my office isnt locked but i no dey sleep their, once i move out of wifi range the signal dissapears, lets find out hw this device works, if the device receives DBV-H signal and passes it to a mobile phone,pc,blackberry,etc through wifi, then its good but not all phones are WIFI compatible e.g. 5530,N73,5230,5320,6760 . And if the device receives DBV-H signal via WIFI, the its not for us becos not every phone has WIFI and WIFI is not every where in nigeria
Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by ceejay80s(m): 10:18am On Dec 05, 2010
The mobile tv drifta is a separate device that receives dvbh broadcast signal and relays it over WIFI range capable laptops,pc, tablet and smartphones
Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by Dclique(m): 10:38am On Dec 05, 2010
Features

• Broadcast Mobile TV on your iPod
Touch, iPhone, iPad and Windows
PC,
• Connects to your device via Wi-Fi
or USB

• Access the Mobile TV guide
• Small lightweight and ultra
portable
• Rechargeable with up to three
hours of viewing
Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by Dclique(m): 10:39am On Dec 05, 2010
Features

• Broadcast Mobile TV on your iPod
Touch, iPhone, iPad and Windows
PC,
• Connects to your device via Wi-Fi
or USB

• Access the Mobile TV guide
• Small lightweight and ultra
portable
• Rechargeable with up to three
hours of viewing
Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by aieromon(m): 12:29pm On Dec 05, 2010
Nice development.

How much is this stuff gonna cost?
Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by aieromon(m): 12:36pm On Dec 05, 2010
Almost 600 rands puts it less than N15,000.

ceejay,over to you.
Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by texazzpete(m): 1:30pm On Dec 05, 2010
i've been following up on this Drifta device for a while now (since November). It's finally launched in South Africa. For now, the only devices it can officially be used on are iOS devices (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad) and Laptops. Symbian Rev 3 and Blackberry clients are supposedly on the way soon.
i've already downloaded the iPhone app from the AppStore, can't use it unless you have the device. If there's anyone who can help me snag one from South Africa, i wouldn't mind.

I've since found out one important info Multichoice has been hiding; their 'Drifta' device is just a rebadged Valups Tivit Mobile TV device

http://www.valups.com/eng/tivit/dvbh.htm

Blackberry and Symbian clients already exists for this vanilla model.
Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by texazzpete(m): 1:31pm On Dec 05, 2010
ceejay80s:

The device isnt ok if it runs on WIFI, some wifi signal in nigeria dey locked and u need their passcode, the one in my office isnt locked but i no dey sleep their, once i move out of wifi range the signal dissapears, lets find out hw this device works, if the device receives DBV-H signal and passes it to a mobile phone,pc,blackberry,etc through wifi, then its good but not all phones are WIFI compatible e.g. 5530,N73,5230,5320,6760 . And if the device receives DBV-H signal via WIFI, the its not for us becos not every phone has WIFI and WIFI is not every where in nigeria

1. The device broadcasts its own WiFi.
2. If your smartphone doesn't have WiFi in this day and age, get rid of it.
Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by Wilfem(m): 2:06pm On Dec 05, 2010
@ ceejays,
Enemies are it again with my N79 angry angry angry, I was just agonising the lacklusture performance of my Club, Chelsea angry sad and the phone fell down from about 1.5 feet on the chair which I sat, believe me shocked shocked, the screen got broken on the spot. I can't see anything on the creen now except the broken splashes inside. I felt really bad about this considering the fact that the phone just clocked exactly 7 months today. Oh what a pity undecided cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by ceejay80s(m): 2:30pm On Dec 05, 2010
Wilfem:

@ ceejays,
Enemies are it again with my N79 angry angry angry, I was just agonising the lacklusture performance of my Club, Chelsea angry sad and the phone fell down from about 1.5 feet on the chair which I sat, believe me shocked shocked, the screen got broken on the spot. I can't see anything on the creen now except the broken splashes inside. I felt really bad about this considering the fact that the phone just clocked exactly 7 months today. Oh what a pity undecided cry cry cry cry cry cry
u go try taking the phone to church for deliverance,sorry though, the screen is not expensive here in lagos, its about 2k and u dnt need any technician to change it for u,just remove the front case,the remove the old screen and replace it with the new one
Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by user32(m): 2:39pm On Dec 05, 2010
i just wonder why a young dude in this modern age will use a phone without a wifi factilities.
Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by ceejay80s(m): 2:46pm On Dec 05, 2010
texazzpete:

1. The device broadcasts its own WiFi.
2. If your smartphone doesn't have WiFi in this day and age, get rid of it.
if the device broadcasts its own WIFI, then its super good but phones like 6220c,n73,5530,5230 etc that are already compatible with SU-33W ,wont be compatible with the new device and phone like E71,E63,E65,N95 etc that has WiFi and are not yet compatible with SU-33W will be compatible with the new device and phones with WiFi like N78,5800,x6,N79,N85,N86,N97 etc will have double enjoyment, will suport SU-33W and the new mobile tv drifta device
Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by ceejay80s(m): 2:55pm On Dec 05, 2010
user32:

i just wonder why a young dude in this modern age will use a phone without a wifi factilities.
na wilfem introduce me to this N79, and i am enjoying the phone die,slim,has every feature,fm transmitter,WiFi,map,auto rotate screen,SU-33W even greentooth. unlike my former phone 6220c which has every feature except WiFi. Its like many of the Eseries has Wifi
Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by Yinkade(m): 3:01pm On Dec 05, 2010
but i just dont understand if ipod does nt use simcard how then r we gonna subscribe
Re: nokia su-33w tv receiver update by ceejay80s(m): 3:04pm On Dec 05, 2010
Getting the device go be small problem, my colleague for office just come back  from training  from south africa 5months ago, i 4 tell am to help me get 1

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (107)

Mtn Blackberry Plan Is Now N1000 A Month- instead of N1500 / Mtn, Glo, Airtel, Etisalat Manual And Automatic Internet Settings / Zain's Browsing- Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.