Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,419 members, 7,901,182 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 04:41 AM

No Struggle For BOT Chairmanship In APC - Asiwaju Tinubu. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Struggle For BOT Chairmanship In APC - Asiwaju Tinubu. (669 Views)

Muhammad Usman Adam Contesting For Chairmanship In Hadejia, Jigawa State. / Sheriff's Chairmanship In PDP Is A Mistake - Fayose / Atiku, Akande Battle For APC BOT Chairmanship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Struggle For BOT Chairmanship In APC - Asiwaju Tinubu. by drauj(m): 8:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu, on Wednesday debunked report that himself, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and former interim National Chairman of the party, Chief Bisi Akande, were struggling to emerge the chairman of the party’s Board of Trustees (BoT).

He spoke with State House correspondents after visiting President Muhammadu Buhari along with Akande at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

According to him, no such rivalry exists in the party and that the party is focused on supporting President Buhari achieve his goal of transforming the nation.

He said: “Don’t listen to rumors, there is no struggle. Our party is not even looking at the direction of power struggle or anything of such.

“The support structure is to encourage and support the President as you have heard from Chief Bisi Akande, to help him institutionalize his goal, principle and vision for a new Nigeria.”

On those complaining about delay in the release of the ministerial list, he said: “There is pitfall in rushing, quick fix, depending upon the depth of the rot. And that rush can cascade into mistakes of unimaginable magnitude. There is equally glory and recovery in slowness, when you have a slow fix of a bad foundation.

“So to me, I would rather take the one that will last the country and endure for a longer period of time than the rush hour shopping.”

He also disagreed with the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) claim that President Buhari was dictatorial.

He said: “I disagree with that. He was elected on a platform of democracy, he has adhered to rule of law so far. What is dictatorship about what he has done? He has helped to stimulate the economy in the various states and that is where the people are. So what is dictatorship?

“And the institutional paralysis had occurred in the country. It is very important for a steady man like the President to really help the nation recover from the paralysis and that is what he is doing. So I don’t see what is dictatorial about that.”

He also asked the PDP to keep silent if it has nothing meaningful to say.

“If they don’t have anything to say, they rather be quiet. They created what is wrong here today and we can’t sweep that under the carpet. There must be rule of law,” he added.
Re: No Struggle For BOT Chairmanship In APC - Asiwaju Tinubu. by prof17(m): 8:45pm On Sep 09, 2015
OBJ nko!
Re: No Struggle For BOT Chairmanship In APC - Asiwaju Tinubu. by oluwafemi113(m): 9:01pm On Sep 09, 2015
Nice
Re: No Struggle For BOT Chairmanship In APC - Asiwaju Tinubu. by StOla: 9:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
Umblerra party! Will you keep quiet.
Re: No Struggle For BOT Chairmanship In APC - Asiwaju Tinubu. by okotv(m): 9:22pm On Sep 09, 2015
That last paragraph sha....
Re: No Struggle For BOT Chairmanship In APC - Asiwaju Tinubu. by odunH(m): 10:13pm On Sep 09, 2015
My mentor!!!Jagaban a successful and strategist in politics.
Re: No Struggle For BOT Chairmanship In APC - Asiwaju Tinubu. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 09, 2015
That fool has taken weed again....

I trust the northern guys...... grin

They will do it the way saraki the Slayer of tinubu did

(1) (Reply)

Fayose Orders New Levy In Ekiti Schools / Tribunal Is Not Properly Constituted – Saraki / OPC Launches Manhunt For Falae, Abductors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.