Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,736 members, 7,898,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 03:17 PM

No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal (22110 Views)

Edo 2016; Declare Me Winner, Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal / Exercise Crocodile Smile In Rivers, Army Kills 5 Militants & Arrest 23 / We Know Your Hideouts, Surrender Now, Army Tells B’haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by IGBOSON1: 10:13am On Sep 10, 2015
Flets:
One certainty is..... APC can never rule Rivers State

^^^Don't mind these covetous fools....already salivating at the prospects of stealing Rivers and Akwa Ibom states from PDP!

All this just goes to show the nasty kind of people that party is made up of! Of course they will tell you elections in Kano, Katsina, and other states in the north and Lagos were perfect with no infractions committed by them whatsoever!

1 Like

Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by Olukat(m): 10:13am On Sep 10, 2015
Nullification of that election will create more problems for APC.
As fresh elections will certainly prove that Rivers state is PDP, and this may stir PDP's revival and spread to other states.
Just relax and pray Wike behaves like Amaechi and in no time the state will turn to APC.
Rivers people dont give in to fight easily o...
Gragra na their birth right o...
pls go "sofly sofly catch the monkey"
Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by Uniboy: 10:16am On Sep 10, 2015
Flets:
Nwanne,nullification or reelection,APC will never never rule here in Rivers State

1 Like

Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by Rexnegro(m): 10:18am On Sep 10, 2015
chernest2002:
When have our army becomes inec? They should allow electoral officers to do thier work and apc should try and hold thier lust of rivers whealth.if gej can concede defit why can't dakuku do the same for peace.well rivers people should try to defend thier votes.
Gej was defeated blue black in what most called an historic election that is free, fair and credible, ask transparency international,UN , obama etc ...but that rivers election ? You and I know that ojoro was played by wike and his thugs...I only pity rivers people who wil put their lives on the line of death for criminals called politicians to cause unrest. As for me wike didn't win that election, NA is only a witness and not inec...or you want to tell me witnesses don't go to tribunal ? Pdp is a scam same tin was done in ekiti state where they did ojoro and it was a captain whose conscience cudnt take it anymore and open up the gimmick pdp did in ekiti election....to me pdp has lost tracks , before now they tot they did be the landlords of nigeria 4 century.

1 Like

Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 10, 2015
aylagos:
An army officer, Captain Garba Sani, told the Rivers State Governorship Elections Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja on Wednesday‎ that he never saw where election was conducted in Tai Local Government Area where he and his other men were deployed to maintain peace and order on April 11, 2015, the day the poll was scheduled to hold.

The Mohammed Ambrosa-led tribunal overruled the objection by Governor Nyesom Wike, his party, the Peoples Democratic Party, and the Independent National Electoral Commission, before Sani was allowed to give his oral evidence on Wednesday.

Sani, a subpoenaed witness, who said he led 37 other soldiers on a patrol of the entire Tai, which is one of the 23 local government areas in Rivers State, said he appeared before the tribunal on the directive of army authorities.

‎The soldier, who is of the Bori Camp, Army Barracks in Port Harcourt, Rivers State capital, said he received the directive of the army authorities through the Directorate, Legal, of the Nigerian Army, after his unit received “a signal” about the subpoena served on the Chief of Army Staff, Maj.-Gen. Tukur Buratai. ‎ The subpoena served on the Chief of Army Staff was obtained upon a request by the petitioners – the All Progressives Congress and its candidate in the April 11 poll, Dr. Dakuku Peterside – who are challenging the declaration of Governor Wike as the winner of the election.

The soldier, led in evidence by the petitioners’ counsel, Chief Akin Olujinmi (SAN), said his team’s patrol started at about 6pm on April 10 into the night and up till the election day on April 11

Sources : http://www.punchng.com/news/no-election-in-tai-lga-army-tells-%E2%80%8Erivers-tribunal/

blame attahiru jega
Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by obailala(m): 10:29am On Sep 10, 2015
The election would definitely be nullified and reconducted, all these Jonathanians spewing trash should just shut up and stop embarrassing themselves.

However, I dont think APC would still have a chance in that enclave. Peterside is not really a heavy weight and he's solely riding on the wings of amaechi whom most people in that area love to hate.

1 Like

Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 10, 2015
Wike is in trouble cheesy

1 Like

Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by Pataki: 10:30am On Sep 10, 2015
By the time the tribunal is done with Wike, he can finally go and sleep in peace.
Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by bonechamberlain(m): 10:31am On Sep 10, 2015
MabraO:

U care to tell/show us where secession was done in diplomacy?
Scotland, the Scottish people were granted a referendum to choose whether to remain in the u.k or not,the sane should be applied in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by emmatok(m): 10:32am On Sep 10, 2015
Flets:

The-same thing you guys said about Buhari.
Some even claimed APC will never get a vote in SS/SE. grin
You forgot that the governorship candidate is from Ogoni.

1 Like

Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by MabraO: 10:33am On Sep 10, 2015
bonechamberlain:
Scotland, the Scottish people were granted a referendum to choose whether to remain in the u.k or not,the sane should be applied in Nigeria.

Did dey go about it the way Nnamdi Kalu is going about it?

1 Like

Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 10, 2015
aylagos:
Wike is in trouble let see how is going to survive that. Super mods fp pls

Would you still wish God to reserve your breathing organ after seeing that Governor Nyesome Wike later survive all the accusation laid by so called apc?

Even though River State Governorship Election will be conducted 10times per year, Nyesome Ezenwoke Wike(NEW) will still win.

1 Like

Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by bonechamberlain(m): 10:35am On Sep 10, 2015
Omotolu:
...war is never fought on Nairaland. It's a battlefield affair. You want secession/war,please join them. You owe the Nigerian Army just one bullet...
I don't know y u guys are afraid of one group leaving this criminal entity Nigeria, u should be championing ur own odua state like ur bro musiwa. it's either u guys can't stand alone or u have chosen to perpetually be the servants of the hausa/ Fulani. cause I don't see any reason why a sane Nigerian should still believe in this deciet of one Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by bonechamberlain(m): 10:38am On Sep 10, 2015
MabraO:

Did dey go about it the way Nnamdi Kalu is going about it?
"nnamdi kalu"well I have never listened to that man, and people should not see him as the mouth piece of work igbo people
Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by criminalmindz: 10:42am On Sep 10, 2015
its one thing for hausa to win with apc in kano and its another for apc try to win in rivers state. rivers state can never be apc. its a fact. if they attempt it , nigeria should get ready for its 2nd civil war. this time the war will reach kano,kaduna,katsina and yobe.

1 Like

Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by dozai: 10:42am On Sep 10, 2015
distinguished1:
yes now, my corper friend attested to that.
But one thing is certain; let them hold the election 10 times, Wike will defeat Dakuku.
It's simple political mathematics.
Every party has its strong hold.

WIKE used a very wrong move, that will definitely turn to be his achilles heel. His advisers would have told him that the election is his. He would ve won in a free and fair setting. But no he chose force and brutality.

Anyway whoever rules, let him do the right thing

1 Like

Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by akpanbaba: 10:43am On Sep 10, 2015
It is unfortunate that Nigerians talk from two sides of their mouth.On one hand corruption must be dealt with while on the other hand fraud associated with elections should be condoned.Let Wike and Dakuku come out and test their popularity in free and fair contest then we know who will win
Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by Beerem: 10:48am On Sep 10, 2015
If there was no election what was the reason. Was there breakdown of law and order? Were there no INEC officers in the entire local govt area? Were there no materials? The army officer should tell the court and Nigerias what happened there that made elections impossible.

1 Like

Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by familysms: 10:48am On Sep 10, 2015
Amaechi leave our Wike alone. Go and defend yourself in the allegation the labeled against u.

Its familysms again
www.matrosms.net

1 Like

Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by jaylister(m): 11:01am On Sep 10, 2015
How much them pay am?
Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:01am On Sep 10, 2015
chernest2002:
When have our army becomes inec? They should allow electoral officers to do thier work and apc should try and hold thier lust of rivers whealth.if gej can concede defit why can't dakuku do the same for peace.well rivers people should try to defend thier votes.
Those soldiers were deplored there by the PDP led FG of Jonathan.
Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by Walelavender(m): 11:13am On Sep 10, 2015
It was quite obvious that the governorship elections in Rivers state was marred with huge irregularities. The wisdom of Jega to declare Wike as the winner was premised on the victory of PMB. International observers were unanimous in their position about the irregularities. If the election is cancelled, I wont be surprised, that the 'heavens will fall' is what I don't believe. Let the election be conducted again. Wike might even win, who knows? Why should it always be a do or die?
Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 10, 2015
bonechamberlain:
I don't know y u guys are afraid of one group leaving this criminal entity Nigeria, u should be championing ur own odua state like ur bro musiwa. it's either u guys can't stand alone or u have chosen to perpetually be the servants of the hausa/ Fulani. cause I don't see any reason why a sane Nigerian should still believe in this deciet of one Nigeria.
...I will rather leave Nigeria than to cut her to pieces like your late Biafra warlord, Ojukwu...
Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by amusadele: 11:15am On Sep 10, 2015
Flets:
NEVER. Even if the dunce change his Duara village to part of Rivers state, apc CANNOT win there. Thanks you jor.

1 Like

Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by bonechamberlain(m): 11:20am On Sep 10, 2015
Omotolu:
...I will rather leave Nigeria than to cut her to pieces like your late Biafra warlord, Ojukwu...
u re contradicting urself. I thought u were in support of those saying secession cannot be done without violence. now tell me how u would leave Nigeria without cutting her to pieces.
Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by amusadele: 11:22am On Sep 10, 2015
If them like, make apc produce abi transform Buhari into TEN more Buharis, transform that him sister, acting INEC chairperson INTO another TWENTY acting persons, if Buhari likes let him appoint the entire Kano people to supervise another election, where there was not even single void vote, apc CANNOT win rivers. Period.
Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 10, 2015
bonechamberlain:
u re contradicting urself. I thought u were in support of those saying secession cannot be done without violence. now tell me how u would leave Nigeria without cutting her to pieces.
...look,buddy,I am not a talkative...
Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 10, 2015
PDP....
Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by DFemaleBoss(f): 11:31am On Sep 10, 2015
bobchigar:

If Captain Garba did not see it , that means there was no election there truly because Captain Garba was deployed to the LG purposely to maintain law and order while election is going on

He was sent there to maintain law and order but he probably left his duty post to ogogoro joint or slept off while on duty which maybe the reason why he didn't know election took place there.

Please before you start "masturbating" we see pictures of so-called Nigerian officers of the law online all the f**king time drinking kai kai and sleeping away when they are supposed to be on duty, who knows Capt. Sani could be one of those. tongue
Re: No Election In Some Parts Of Rivers,army Tells Tribunal by sochima1989(m): 11:32am On Sep 10, 2015
When Amechi sneeze.......Rivers catch cold..... woke gone gonner gone too soon .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anti-Grazing Law: We Have Started Leaving Benue - Myetti Allah / ''#bbnaija3 Is Not The Future, Go And Get Your PVC'' Gov Dankwambo Tells Nigeria / Speech Governor Ortom Delivered To President Buhari At His Visit To Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.