Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,150 members, 7,880,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:13 PM

Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like' - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like' (85182 Views)

Love Story: Between Love, Aristo & Marraige...part 2 / Is Love Sex! The Difference Between Love Making And Sex. / The Best Ways To Make A Girl Laugh,smile And Like You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like' by eslynera(f): 8:03pm On Nov 16, 2006
love's desire is waaaaaaaaay stronger than liking. You may love someone and at the same time like them.
You ma like someone but not love them Get it?
Re: Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like' by CrazyMan(m): 8:22pm On Nov 16, 2006
In front of the person you love, your heartbeats faster,

But in front of the person you like, you get
happy you don't feel that emotion you only feel happy

If you look into the eyes of the one you love,youblush.
But if you look into the eyes of the one youlike, you smile.

In front of the person you love, you can't say
everything on your mind. But in front of the person
you like, you can.

In front of the person you love, you tend to get
shy. But in front of the person you like, you can
show
your own self.

There are still lots and lots
Re: Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like' by lizzy47(f): 1:59pm On Feb 19, 2007
Well i don't believe in love at first sight. Love is a gradual process u get to find out if it is real when u get to know the person better. So if a guy tells me he loves me just like that i'll know or think he is after my pants, but if u say u like me i'll know or think u were captured by something on me and i'll like to find out even if i'll do some shakara or not agree at the long run.  grin cool. So ''love'' is a deep feeling, and ''like'' is a normal but significant thing.
Re: Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like' by coolkaboom(m): 10:22pm On Dec 25, 2007
love is quite similar to like but on a much more spiritual level.u hav to like someone b4 u luv him/her but u could like a person and not be interested in taking it beyond that.

on a boy-girl level, like is a lot like lust or physicall desire.luv is what develops over time and it happens independent or otherwise of intimacy.as pointed ot by a previous post, it doesn't necesarily involve sex
Re: Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like' by Shelly01: 3:05am On Jan 25, 2008
i feel that as humans we only love ourselfs and things that are apart of us our children but we like everything else.
Re: Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like' by OyinboNo1(m): 10:16am On Jan 25, 2008
LIKE = she spits

LOVE = she swallows

end of.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like' by tulk2mi: 11:20am On Apr 10, 2008
U cannot hate whom u once loved cos wen u love it has no end like the love of a mother for her child or the love of God for man. So pple who say they fell in and out of love were merely saying they fell in n out of like.

U can choose whom to like but u cannot choose who u fell in love with.

If u no d reason y u say u love somebody it means u like dat person cos wen u love sombody u dont know d reason y.

U can tell dat u like somebody but wen u love somebody u dont tell u feel. U feel me wink

1 Like

Re: Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like' by arianne(f): 12:52pm On Apr 10, 2008
i feel "like" is a conditional attachment and fondness for someone, love on the other hand is unconditional and deeper. i believe pple can graduate frm when they like someone to when they fall in love with that person. just my 2 cents.
Re: Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like' by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 10, 2008
Thankyou! This word 'love' is thrown around so meaninlessly nowadays it has lost it's taste. You meet a guy and after about a few hours of talking he tells you he loves you? It is complete and utter nonsense  angry Yes, maybe you like me, the feeling is mutual but it aint LOVE! C'mon, be serious! Same goes for some girls sha, what kind of foolishness!
Re: Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like' by ashe2(f): 4:43pm On Apr 10, 2008
ibikaye i fil u and dis is most common wit yoruba men love as word is almost losin its essence abeg pls my fellow landers dont make us loose d love
Re: Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like' by tpia: 6:27pm On Apr 10, 2008
Like is better than love, in my opinion. grin

Love is too intense. Its still very important though.
Re: Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like' by bigoddy: 2:37pm On Jun 15, 2008
Good Day for all in this site,
I will like to correct WesleyanA in he or her last messeger. he said all the mean about love and like but at the end he:her do not said is well, for me he:her have to said that (love everybody but like full).

I rememeber one day my pastor tell us the difference between love and like. the boiok of genises said ! For God so love the world . even GOD him self love the love and you come in the book of john Jesus teach how to love and he final said love your neugbor as you love your self. for my onw understand (love is must) we must love one another but you must not like one another, you will only selent those we will like. as for me i love everydbody even my enimies but i dont like my enimies bucause i can kill me.

That is what i know about Love And Like, (like is strong ) but love is just like that.

Bigoddywilly
Re: Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like' by oyinda3(f): 4:42am On Sep 06, 2009
^ lol

when you think of your "loved ones" the ppl who come to your mind are the ppl you love. . . the rest are ppl you like.
Re: Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like' by mystikal(m): 10:57am On Sep 06, 2009
i have always thought there is a very thin line between the two. loving something is liking it.
Re: Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like' by Edd1e(m): 1:59am On Nov 11, 2009
Hmmm, different views from different people

Love is a general word you can't do away with. You find it very easy to use the word "Love" than the rare used "Like". Love has being totally re-defined.
You can loathe wht u like, likewise, what u love without much tense. LOVE has no intrisic value, said with mere air comin' out of the mouth. Don't take love as the word from the psyche!!!!.
Re: Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like' by njcdrich: 12:56pm On Nov 13, 2009
Love: The word love is godly, God practiced the first Love through His Son Jesus Christ. Love is an emotional / practical feeling one has for his/her loved one(s). We have four types of love:
(1) Security Love: This is the type of love that everybody needs to survive which mainly comes from God. Man can also give out this love. It is a genuine love.

(2) Friendship Love: This is a love between yourself and someone that is totally honest, open and comfortable. It does not have anything to do with sex.

(3) Romantic Love: This Kind of love restricted to married couples. If you are not married and endulges in this kind of love, you are offending God.

(4) Unconditional Love: This is the sincere love, the love that lasts forever. This kind of love is mostly to be found among to be found amoung couples. Generally, it also advice that every body practice it, it is a love that will make you visit motherless babys' homes, help the less priveleged etc.

Like: The term like is more physical than emotional. It has to do with the physical features of human being or any living thing. Likeness is the first key to consider when looking for a life partner.

Note: Do not marry any man or woman you do not like. Do not marry any man or woman you love but do not like. It will only lead to divorce. Marry some you love and / or like. "Love" can develpe but "likeness" can never be develpoed. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE A SHORT PERSON, YOU WILL NEVER LIKE THAT PERSON. That is the typical example of likeness.

BE WISE FRIEND.
Re: Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like' by farochron(m): 12:05pm On Dec 27, 2009
[b]Here's one (cynical) view:

* 'Love' means he wants to sleep with you, or perhaps marry you.
* 'Like' means he genuinely likes you, or maybe just your body.

I don't know why young women pay so much attention to what men say. I mean, a man will tell you anything he thinks you want to hear. So why not pay more attention to his actions? Huh

You have said it all. If I were to be a lady I would know what he feels through his action. let him practice what he preaches

1 Like

Re: Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like' by ONEMEGE(m): 8:32pm On Jan 14, 2011
Like is a thing of d eyes & mouth but love is a thing of d heart.luv comes frm d unparallel progression of likeness, it brings an element of wise stupidity in actions.likeness is conditional (true) love has no strings attached.
Re: Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like' by ONEMEGE(m): 8:35pm On Jan 14, 2011
Likeness is a thing of d eyes & mouth but love is a thing of d heart.luv comes frm d unparallel progression of likeness, it brings an element of wise stupidity in actions.likeness is conditional (true) love has no strings attached.
Re: Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like' by bebeland: 6:53pm On Aug 17, 2011
love lasts, but like doesnt. have u watched titanic?. rose and jack werew illing to die for each other because they LOVED each other. like i said earlier, like doesnt last. believe me, i have liked many poeple only to get over it after a week. love is better wink
Re: Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like' by Mynd44: 7:05pm On Aug 17, 2011
^^^
But in the end, the mumu died and the smart one continued with her life

1 Like

Re: Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like' by MrsChima(f): 7:06pm On Aug 17, 2011
Love and Like base on the genders are totally different.

Love and like in the male group last as long as their penile erections.
Re: Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like' by bebeland: 8:48pm On Aug 17, 2011
it doesnt matter that jack died. what they had was strong enough to defy death. 84 years later, he was still in her heart. that kind of love is rare.
Re: Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like' by tpia5: 11:05pm On Jun 30, 2012
ezinne1212: I'm always amused at how quickly a guy will tell you, "he loves you". Its often followed by a series of "I don't want to hurt you", "I did not mean to hurt you", and " I hope we can still be friends".

Guys, whats going on? If you like a girl, leave it at that. Love is a genuine feeling which is losing its impact because you take advantage of it.

That's my opinion, am I wrong?

you're quite right.

great analysis.

i think its not a crime to like somebody.
Re: Difference Between 'Love' and 'Like' by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 02, 2014
Seun:
Here's one (cynical) view:
[list][li]'Love' means he wants to sleep with you, or perhaps marry you.[/li][li]'Like' means he genuinely likes you, or maybe just your body.[/li][/list]

I don't know why young women pay so much attention to what men say. I mean, a man will tell you anything he thinks you want to hear. So why not pay more attention to his actions?
#fact

(1) (2) (Reply)

Busty Lady Receives Money On Her Breasts As She Outdances A Bride At A Wedding / Young Nigerian Man Marries Old Oyinbo Woman (Photo) / I Can't Believe That Guys Will Sleep With Those Rough Looking Girls In Brothels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.