Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,321 members, 7,913,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 12:10 PM

Buhari Has Kept Faith With Campaign Promises – Tukur - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Kept Faith With Campaign Promises – Tukur (524 Views)

This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head / Throwback Photo Of General Tukur Buratai / This Is How A Councillor Says He Is Delivering His Campaign Promises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Has Kept Faith With Campaign Promises – Tukur by catchfun: 5:29pm On Sep 10, 2015
A former National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, has commended President Muhammadu Buhari for keeping faith with his campaign promises.
This is contrary to claims by the PDP that the President has derailed in the implementation of the manifesto of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
According to Tukur, Buhari has hit the ground running in tackling corruption, insurgency and unemployment with the efforts already yielding positive results.
“As far as I am concerned, the President is going according to his agenda. So you can judge as well as I can judge. Buhari wants to confront corruption, he wants to confront insurgency and he wants to tackle unemployment. So for me, he is going the right way, he has not deviated.
“We must remove religion from politics. We must accept ourselves as Nigerians and not see ourselves as being from A or B state, or local government. We must ensure that culture, ethnicity, religion or anything we cannot change, we don’t bring to the table”, Tukur said.
Addressing newsmen on Thursday at his Abuja residence, ahead of his 80th birthday, coming up on Tuesday, Tukur cautioned the PDP against destructive criticism of the President and his policies.
“My advice is that they should not allow religion, ethnicity and other parochial considerations creep into the nation’s politics,” Tukur said.
The ex PDP chairman advised President Buhari to choose his ministers on merit, above any other considerations, saying “Buhari should not appoint those who want the job, he should appoint those the job wants.”
Such appointees, he said, must be credible, experienced and incorruptible with proven integrity to make a difference.
He counseled that politics should be built on justice, equity and fairness to deepen the nation’s democracy and governance.
The ex party chairman said the PDP would have recorded a better outing in the last general election if he had remained the chairman, adding however, that the Nigerian people got the change they desired.
He foreclosed the possibility of defecting to the APC at his age, saying in democracies across the world, there must be a ruling party and the opposition.
Recalling the circumstances under which he was forced out of the PDP, Tukur said some power brokers in the party found it difficult to embrace his principled leadership style.
“I preached what I believed. I wanted election and people in the PDP said they wanted selection. If the majority or the strong people in the PDP did not believe in it, then the choice or the next thing for me to do was to leave.
http://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-has-kept-faith-with-campaign-promises-tukur/
lalasticlala
Re: Buhari Has Kept Faith With Campaign Promises – Tukur by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 10, 2015
J
Re: Buhari Has Kept Faith With Campaign Promises – Tukur by Swaggzkid: 5:30pm On Sep 10, 2015
Lubbish
Re: Buhari Has Kept Faith With Campaign Promises – Tukur by yang(m): 5:34pm On Sep 10, 2015
PDP in the morning, APC at night

the one thing that is constant is that they are all Hausa/Fulani

The SE/SS must always remember that the zoo politics is always about ethnic loyalty and not about any useless party loyalty

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Kept Faith With Campaign Promises – Tukur by omenka(m): 5:48pm On Sep 10, 2015
And so shall they continue to blast and oppose themselves, like a renegade Silver-back in enemy territory.

First, Olisa Metuh was asked by a BoT member to shut the fvck up.

Now, Tukur is asking PDP to shut dafuq up!!

Wailers: Tukur is a covert APC member. An old overused and superranuated locomotive train manager under the payroll of Tinubu.

Omenka: Sai Baba!! smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Kept Faith With Campaign Promises – Tukur by joseph1832(m): 6:54pm On Sep 10, 2015
omenka:
And so shall they continue to blast and oppose themselves, like a renegade Silver-back in enemy territory.

First, Olisa Metuh was asked by a BoT member to shut the fvck up.

Now, Tukur is asking PDP to shut dafuq up!!

Wailers: Tukur is a covert APC member. An old overused and superranuated locomotive train manager under the payroll of Tinubu.

Omenka: Sai Baba!! smiley
I just can't help but remember this old song...

London Bridge has fallen down
Fallen down (2x)
London Bridge has fallen down
My fair lady.

Now sing the remix with me Nairalanders.

PDP has fallen down
Fallen down (2x)
PDP has fallen down
My fair people.
Re: Buhari Has Kept Faith With Campaign Promises – Tukur by BlackrulesDworld(m): 7:03pm On Sep 10, 2015
Fayose the man of the people.
Tukur is a coward.
Re: Buhari Has Kept Faith With Campaign Promises – Tukur by omowolewa: 7:38pm On Sep 10, 2015
Wetin Tukur go say?

(1) (Reply)

Buhari’s Two Houses And 270 Cows / Buhari's Ministerial List: DSS Screens Odimegwu, Falana, Utomi, Others / Woman Arrested 4 Injecting Silicone Into Butts &Breasts Of Women 2 Increase Size

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.