Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,972 members, 7,896,148 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 07:22 AM

They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? (21158 Views)

Counter Thread:5 Things Men Do To Mess Up Their Marriage / 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. / Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by easyelliot(m): 6:28pm On Sep 11, 2015
No
Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by darlenese(f): 6:55pm On Sep 11, 2015
I'm wondering how they will train their kids
Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by darlenese(f): 6:57pm On Sep 11, 2015
controlG:
Yes it can work. I am a banker although still single but I know a number of colleagues who got married to bankers in other banks and 're[b] living happily[/b]. It's all about planning

At bolded
Things are not always the way they seems

2 Likes

Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by Tobiegal(f): 9:30pm On Sep 11, 2015
pickabeau1:
It will have beneficial to give practical examples of how u manage this challenge
child care
cooking/domestic stuff
etc

I have a good support system around me. Initially, my boy used was in a creche close to the office, so we bonded in transit... Then comes the second boy, and it's kind different cos the 1st has started school close to grannies... So logically, they are both dropped off there... While I pick them back on mu way from the office in the evening.
And most importantly, put them to bed by myself... That's like the best time of my entire day...
For domestic.... I have pips that comes to clean over the weekend... Don't have a maid.

For cooking...hubby and I aren't big eaters... So, I don't make dinner usually... However, most of the cooking and family eating together is done over the weekend.

For laundry... Simply got a washing machine...and the rest is history...

However, the bottom-line is that I have a very understanding and supportive hubby... So, I don't feel so stressed out...

5 Likes

Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by TLrboss(m): 11:26pm On Sep 11, 2015
Of course it can work. The truth is that they will not be working in those banks all their life. So if they value their Union and want to make it official, then one of them should quit, the one with the lowest pay if you ask me undecided

1 Like

Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by pickabeau1: 4:27am On Sep 12, 2015
Tobiegal:

I have a good support system around me. Initially, my boy used was in a creche close to the office, so we bonded in transit... Then comes the second boy, and it's kind different cos the 1st has started school close to grannies... So logically, they are both dropped off there... While I pick them back on mu way from the office in the evening.
And most importantly, put them to bed by myself... That's like the best time of my entire day...
For domestic.... I have pips that comes to clean over the weekend... Don't have a maid.

For cooking...hubby and I aren't big eaters... So, I don't make dinner usually... However, most of the cooking and family eating together is done over the weekend.

However, the bottom-line is that I have a very understanding and supportive hubby... So, I don't feel so stressed out...

Super!
This shows the extra effort you put in and the good fortune of having a support system

This may not be available to every one

I just wanted to let it be made clear

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by EfemenaXY: 7:35am On Sep 13, 2015
softapples:
who is going to take care of the kids, cooking and lack of quality time together.

The man. Or is that a problem?
Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by EfemenaXY: 7:41am On Sep 13, 2015
Babaneh:
It will not work fine. Truth be told...

The best thing is to talk it over with the lady then set up a personal venture for her.. Or else, can't just imagine the disaster...

And why do you automatically assume she should be the one to give up her job? What if she's the higher earner of the two??

Open up a personal venture for her you say. Doing what? Selling Agege bread from a kiosk? How insulting. Is that what she went to school for? To end up becoming / doing a "personal venture or something else"?

1 Like

Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by EfemenaXY: 7:58am On Sep 13, 2015
Tobiegal:

Nice one!

And you captured it perfectly. Having an understanding partner. Not some pre-historic brute demanding you physically make pounded yam and fresh Egusi soup for him every evening, insisting you go down on all fours while serving him. Or him refusing to dish out his food himself, even though it's been served right in front of him.

4 Likes

Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 13, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Open up a personal venture for her you say. Doing what? Selling Agege bread from a kiosk? How insulting. Is that what she went to school for? To end up becoming / doing a "personal venture or something else"?

She went to school to acquire knowledge and learn how to put her sense to use. What exactly is demeaning about selling Agege bread from a kiosk? What is wrong with becoming a business owner? Or selling Agege bread is not a business? Is it a thankless chore? So, with all the school you went to this is the height of your prestige and value? That selling Agege bread is an insult? Being a corporate slave is not insulting but selling Agege bread is! *smh*

1 Like

Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by Elinob(m): 6:24pm On Sep 13, 2015
May be if it can be possible
Re: They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? by neeyor88: 9:35pm On Sep 13, 2015
ireneidiva:

Must it always be the wife? What if she is not business inclined? Can't the man do go into a business?
you try madam! will d man have more time to bring up the children dan a woman? dats y its necessary for both parties to understand what dey r goin into cos @ d end, d children might suffer for what dey dont kno about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Son Lied To Us For Three Years, That He Was In The University. / Nigerian Couple Who Got Engaged 3 Days After They Met,celebrate 16th Anniversary / Can Your Marriage Survive Japa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.