Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,344 members, 7,888,094 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:09 PM

Fighting Terrorism, Oil Theft Not Easy – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fighting Terrorism, Oil Theft Not Easy – Buhari (758 Views)

Fulfilment Of Electoral Promises Not Easy – Buhari / Not Easy To Get Evidence To Probe Diezani - Buhari / Fighting Terrorism, Oil Theft Not Easy – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fighting Terrorism, Oil Theft Not Easy – Buhari by Heazy2015(m): 6:23am On Sep 11, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has said that it is not easy for his administration to fight terrorism, oil theft and corruption at the same time. But he said in spite of the difficulties being faced in fighting these scourge, his administration would not relent in eliminating the vices from the nation’s body polity. Buhari said this when the President of Togo, Faure Gnassingbe, visited him in Abuja on Thursday. The President, who expressed appreciation for Gnassingbe’s visit and for his concern about regional security, said his regime was being challenged with the Boko Haram insurgency, oil theft, illegal fishing, oil pollution and illegal dumping of toxins in the country. Buhari said it was not easy for his administration, which he said, was fighting on many fronts. According to him, the government is contending with insurgency in the North-East and oil theft in the South-South while trying to provide infrastructure in the country at the same time. He said, “His (Gnassingbe’s) concern about regional security made it imperative for him to organise a summit on maritime security and development in November to examine a lot of issues. “As for Nigeria, we are grateful for the sympathy and the goodwill expressed, touching on the performance of our armed forces and law enforcement agencies, since this administration came into being. It is not easy trying to fight on so many fronts, the North-East, the South-South and then try to provide infrastructure in our country.” The President observed that the cooperation of the regional countries comprising Cameroon, Chad, Niger and Benin Republic had resulted in the isolation of Boko Haram and peace in the region. He also advised African countries to pay attention to agriculture and manufacturing to provide jobs for the jobless. Earlier, the Togolese President had invited Buhari to a security and piracy summit scheduled for Lome in November. Gnassingbe said his country was organising the summit because $7bn had been lost to piracy in the Gulf of Guinea. The Togolese leader told Buhari that the security summit would deal with issues of piracy, oil theft, environmental pollution, immigration as well as human and drug trafficking. He therefore called on African nations to collaborate to combat the scourge and security challenges in the sub-region. Gnassingbe commended Buhari and the Nigerian security forces for the work they were doing to combat terrorism in West Africa. When asked by journalists if African countries were not hosting too many summits, Gnassingbe disagreed, saying the summits were not enough. He said, “Piracy alone costs the Gulf of Guinea $7bn a year, that is what we lose for not combating it and we also know that without cooperation you cannot combat piracy, but the first stage is to come together and talk. “If all the African countries are on the same page, it would be easy to tackle the security challenges, so we have to keep holding summits, because individual countries cannot combat piracy effectively without cooperation. “If you try to fight them in Togo, they go to the next country, then you don’t have the mechanism to go into the other countries. So, summits are necessary, they are not even sufficient.”
www.punchng.com/news/fighting-terrorism-oil-theft-not-easy-buhari/
Re: Fighting Terrorism, Oil Theft Not Easy – Buhari by SHAMHOOD(m): 6:25am On Sep 11, 2015
We all know its not easy but may God lead you through and give us a strong nation to be proud of (AMEN)
Re: Fighting Terrorism, Oil Theft Not Easy – Buhari by powerfulsettingz: 6:26am On Sep 11, 2015
Really?
Re: Fighting Terrorism, Oil Theft Not Easy – Buhari by dotG(m): 6:26am On Sep 11, 2015
you think goodluck was playing there....you will see sleepless night.

2 Likes

Re: Fighting Terrorism, Oil Theft Not Easy – Buhari by 48noble(m): 6:37am On Sep 11, 2015
U better don't chicken out...ur political relevance depends on it...
Re: Fighting Terrorism, Oil Theft Not Easy – Buhari by lincolnj88: 6:46am On Sep 11, 2015
u said u will clear boko haram in 2 months now, wetin nor come easy
grin nawa for buhari oh..... Small oil theft and kwaruption wey body odour go clear ...
Another excuse for failure...
when gej says in nigeria ,technology would be d best for of fighting corruption u called him cluelesss despite the fact that through technolgical payment of salaries our ghost workers reduce abt 65% .... Apc believed the best form of fighting corruption is throwing probe on people, arresting and maiming the name of pdp members, sending attack baboons like oshiomole to spread deceit abt billions missing....

1 Like

Re: Fighting Terrorism, Oil Theft Not Easy – Buhari by erunz(m): 6:50am On Sep 11, 2015
Will comment later. This man is high on something
Re: Fighting Terrorism, Oil Theft Not Easy – Buhari by Nobody: 6:52am On Sep 11, 2015
Buhari think say boko haram na one back yard maitasim abi wetin be their name self.
Re: Fighting Terrorism, Oil Theft Not Easy – Buhari by Sirnokiopee(m): 6:52am On Sep 11, 2015
Singing ... e no easy eh
as we dey sing and dance my brother e no easy eh#psquarevoice
Re: Fighting Terrorism, Oil Theft Not Easy – Buhari by permsec: 6:54am On Sep 11, 2015
Just within 3 months into power u are already complaining of many things.

I know old people for few words and plenty of action, but this one
talks too much.

U promised ur supporters alot during campaign so its none of their business on how u go about it.
Re: Fighting Terrorism, Oil Theft Not Easy – Buhari by kodded(m): 7:07am On Sep 11, 2015

but it looks easy when Gej was the president undecided undecided
Re: Fighting Terrorism, Oil Theft Not Easy – Buhari by menix(m): 7:07am On Sep 11, 2015
this dude funny ooo...
we all thought u were d magician sent by Allah to change water into Crude oil nd make 1naira=$1...

GEJ was playing abii, better put an end to all doz vices make i no collect Biafra citizenship...
Re: Fighting Terrorism, Oil Theft Not Easy – Buhari by Mznaett: 7:10am On Sep 11, 2015
Mr. I will Buhari..since you took power by force it is a must you deliver else...

Buhari promise to fight corruption and it likes within some days and now d days had grown into weeks and d weeks into months and soon it'd be a year.

Pls when is d change coming into existence o cuz some parts of this country had suffer too much depriviation
Re: Fighting Terrorism, Oil Theft Not Easy – Buhari by laurel03(m): 7:16am On Sep 11, 2015
Ds is the kind of news they always comments on......
Re: Fighting Terrorism, Oil Theft Not Easy – Buhari by rozayx5(m): 7:26am On Sep 11, 2015
dotG:

cheesy angry cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Fighting Terrorism, Oil Theft Not Easy – Buhari by Appleyard(m): 7:31am On Sep 11, 2015
dotG:
Which "badluck" (oh, sorry-Goodluck) ? The one that single handedly supervised and nortured Boko Haram to the formidable force they are now? The one that granted free and express ticket for oil theft in the South, or is it the Goodluck that successfully turned our national treasury into a crime scene, been surrounded with free looting cabals and thieving ministers who redefined their portfolios as " various official ministries of corruption"?

Abeg, make i hear word this morning o.
Re: Fighting Terrorism, Oil Theft Not Easy – Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 7:40am On Sep 11, 2015
dotG:
u mean ur clueless corrupt hero that was abating all d crime, both piracy,oil theft and boko haram

2 Likes

Re: Fighting Terrorism, Oil Theft Not Easy – Buhari by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 11, 2015
Wallahi Baba BuBu, living in Nigeria too is not easy.

1 Like

Re: Fighting Terrorism, Oil Theft Not Easy – Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 7:48am On Sep 11, 2015
lincolnj88:
u said u will clear boko haram in 2 months now, wetin nor come easy
grin nawa for buhari oh..... Small oil theft and kwaruption wey body odour go clear ...
Another excuse for failure...
when gej says in nigeria ,technology would be d best for of fighting corruption u called him cluelesss despite the fact that through technolgical payment of salaries our ghost workers reduce abt 65% .... Apc believed the best form of fighting corruption is throwing probe on people, arresting and maiming the name of pdp members, sending attack baboons like oshiomole to spread deceit abt billions missing....
how was technology use in fighting corruption, did d technology fight oil theft and piracy? Or d same technology that were missing billions of dollars,

2 Likes

Re: Fighting Terrorism, Oil Theft Not Easy – Buhari by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 11, 2015
Buhari who never sympathized with Jonathan who never found it funny is now trying to seek understanding from Nigerians. grin

BabaOneChance we say no more Lamentation and Excuses from you

Perform the magic you expected Jonathan to perform. angry

1 Like

Re: Fighting Terrorism, Oil Theft Not Easy – Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 7:54am On Sep 11, 2015
kodded:

but it looks easy when Gej was the president undecided undecided
i know u are joking

1 Like

Re: Fighting Terrorism, Oil Theft Not Easy – Buhari by Appleyard(m): 8:17am On Sep 11, 2015
I pledge to Buhari my president, to be faitful, loyal and honest. To serve him and my country with all my strenght, to uphold his honor and corruption-free mindset. So help me Jesus, Amen! cool

Fighting corruption, oil theft, and Boko at the same time, no be "yoke" o! grin After all, Rome was not build in a day. So i never expected everything to fall in line within 3 months.

And all of una wen dey yarn like people wen measles dey worry so, na go tell me wetin gej do with all his campaign promises for d 4wasted years him rule-plus d additional two equally wasted years that makes it a total of 6 years heralded with corruption, extravagancy, mismanagement, free oil theft by presidential licenced Ijaw militants and First Lady favourites, unrestrain looting, God's 'let there be light,' but Gej's 'There must be darkness'; Aso Villa becoming Ijaw Local govt--a place of all drunks affairs, an administration effectively ruled by women, etc.

With all these dead body carry overs, i pray make my president no die untimely death. Even if he borrow US Fleet carriers, he no go fit still tackle these thriune evil for the next three years.

Because these systems are highly etched in the top echelon of organized crime with sophisticated syndicates.

Honestly, Mr president will it find hard to eradicate it.
Re: Fighting Terrorism, Oil Theft Not Easy – Buhari by Appleyard(m): 8:21am On Sep 11, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
how was technology use in fighting corruption, did d technology fight oil theft and piracy? Or d same technology that were missing billions of dollars,
Abeg ask am. E be like say na d technology when equip and nortured Boko haram to the fighting force they are now, naim him dey talk about. gringrin
Re: Fighting Terrorism, Oil Theft Not Easy – Buhari by Appleyard(m): 8:24am On Sep 11, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
u mean ur clueless corrupt hero that was abating all d crime, both piracy,oil theft and boko haram
yes oooo.gringringrin
Re: Fighting Terrorism, Oil Theft Not Easy – Buhari by koboko69: 8:27am On Sep 11, 2015
dotG:

taahh!

Jonathan was not playing....he was treating with kids gloves. Na en use en mouth talk am....

If u can read well...while admitting the difficulty. ....he is at the same time optimistic and determined to fight and win

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: APC Vice Chairman Resigns - Vanguard / What Obj Told Me About Gej 'i Got To Know He Will Be Vp In 2005' Alam Speaks / See Names Of 19 States That Received Bailout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.