Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,832 members, 7,948,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 02:13 PM

Former Bayelsa Governor Rubbishes Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Bayelsa Governor Rubbishes Jonathan (910 Views)

One Hundred Days Abroad And Still Posing For Pictures' - Ffk Rubbishes Buhari / Kperogi Farook Rubbishes Buhari's Integrity - Indicts Him / Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Bayelsa Governor Rubbishes Jonathan by lekanolas: 7:42am On Sep 11, 2015
Former governor of Bayelsa State, Chief Timipre Sylva has dismissed the purported endorsement of the second bid of Gov. Seriake Dickson by former President Goodluck Jonathan.

Sylva said the endorsement does not constitute any threat to his ambition to return as the governor of the state in 2016

Sylva stated this in Abuja on Wednesday after undergoing the screening exercise of the All Progressives Congress (APC)

Sylva described Jonathan as President of Bayelsa for going open to canvass support for Governor Dickson

Asked if he was worried with Jonathan’s support for governor Dickson Sylva said, “Well, frankly I am not worried. I always say that the former President was the President of Bayelsa State and he has proven me right.

He has always been President of Bayelsa State, He was never President of Nigerian”.

Sylva also commended the screening process of the APC, stating, “I am very happy with the process. The APC is a very lawful party and all the processes are in place to present the best candidate. My position is that the best candidate always win. And I think this process is going to produce the best candidate.

On allegations of some aspirants stepping down for him, he said, “Well there are some discussions going on.

When it is time to make it public comes, you will hear.”

On his chances to return to the Bayelsa State Government House, he said, “Well, I feel that I have a good standing with the people. As you can see ,if you look behind me, you will see the array of Bayelsian who are here with me. With these people, who else is left in Bayelsa? So I think that because of the people who are with me, I feel I stand a very good chance.”

http://newsday.com.ng/sylvia-rubbishes-jonathans-support-for-dickson/
Re: Former Bayelsa Governor Rubbishes Jonathan by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 11, 2015
Matcheeew!!
Re: Former Bayelsa Governor Rubbishes Jonathan by merry02(m): 8:07am On Sep 11, 2015
This man wey suppose dey prison won contest under APC, chai! Buhari ll never come for his rally..... More so, when obasanjo declared for Amosun during the last election nko, this man should keep quiet or shout aids is real .. . bayelsa is PDP, PDP Is bayelsa

2 Likes

Re: Former Bayelsa Governor Rubbishes Jonathan by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 11, 2015
Lol.. has timipre silva answered his efcc case yet??
Re: Former Bayelsa Governor Rubbishes Jonathan by Demmocrats(m): 8:53am On Sep 11, 2015
Re: Former Bayelsa Governor Rubbishes Jonathan by drey076(m): 8:57am On Sep 11, 2015
Re: Former Bayelsa Governor Rubbishes Jonathan by tolexy007(m): 8:58am On Sep 11, 2015
angry
Re: Former Bayelsa Governor Rubbishes Jonathan by Appleyard(m): 9:02am On Sep 11, 2015
He was correct on one though, and it is thyat Gej was never Nigerian President.grin
Re: Former Bayelsa Governor Rubbishes Jonathan by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 11, 2015
Jonathan sef shocked

(1) (Reply)

Bankers Who Lose Their Jobs In 2015 May Never Get Rehired / Checkout What The Chairman Of NHRC Told Governor Of Niger State On Twitter / Photos - British Prime Minister, David Cameron Allegedly Had Sex With A Dead Pig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.