Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,742 members, 7,885,965 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 06:31 PM

Labour Anti-corruption Protests, Mere Jamboree – Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Anti-corruption Protests, Mere Jamboree – Fayose (603 Views)

Rio 2016: How Dalung Embarked On Jamboree With 36 Guests - NigerianTimes / Buhari’s Economic Retreat Mere Jamboree, Waste Of N250m Public Fund – Fayose / Labour Anti-corruption Protests, Mere Jamboree – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Labour Anti-corruption Protests, Mere Jamboree – Fayose by sleemfesh: 8:44am On Sep 11, 2015
This Fayose man keeps making sensible sense each passing day:

Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, on Thursday described the nationwide anti-corruption protests of the organised labour as a mere jamboree.

The governor, who said “no political office holders can steal without the cooperation of the civil servants,” urged the labour unions, predominantly civil servants, to purge themselves of corruption.

He spoke while receiving the labour leaders, led by the Chairmen of the Nigeria Labour Congress, Raymond Ade-Adesanmi and Trade Union Congress, Ayodeji Ladeji, in his office in Ado Ekiti.

Fayose said, “No governor, minister or top political office holders can steal a penny from the treasury without the cooperation of the civil servants. We don’t write papers as politicians, but we only approve whatever the civil servants came up with.

“I consider the anti-corruption war of President Muhammadu Buhari as mere propaganda. If you want to fight corruption, you have to do it by example. President Buhari must start from his party men. He should probe how his campaign was funded because he told Nigerians that he is a poor man.

“Whatever I say about Buhari should not be mistaken for hatred, I don’t hate him. But, he has to desist from fighting corruption with political face. I differed seriously to his anti-corruption war because he has been protecting other former heads of state, except President Goodluck Jonathan, who contested against him.

“What is happening to Halliburton’s scandal and other corruption cases perpetrated before Jonathan’s government? This is what I expected the labour to do. They should ask questions, rather than mere protests.”

Fayose also criticised the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, which he accused of also displaying signs of corruption.

“The commission has been evading the payment of N10 million it ought to pay me over appeal court judgement when I sued EFCC for harassing my wife. Is this not corruption.

“I stand to be corrected, I am the only governor who calls the labour leaders to Joint Allocation Account Committee and Federation Allocation Account Committee to decide how the state allocation should be spent. This is to tell you that I have nothing to hide and nothing to fear.”

Ade-Adesanmi said the protest was designed to sensitise the public about the danger of corruption to the society.

“All funds identified to have been stolen should be recovered and kept in special accounts to create jobs.
“Corruption has affected all the sectors; education, civil service, banks, markets, transport, power, manufacturing and other private and public institutions. It has lead to the closure of factories and engendered poverty in the system.

“It breeds all kinds of crimes like robbery, vandalism, kidnapping, youth restiveness and insecurity. We promise that the trade unions will continue to support the current leadership in its fight against corruption,” he said.

source:
http://www.punchng.com/news/labour-anti-corruption-protests-mere-jamboree-fayose/
Re: Labour Anti-corruption Protests, Mere Jamboree – Fayose by powerfulsettingz: 8:47am On Sep 11, 2015
K
Re: Labour Anti-corruption Protests, Mere Jamboree – Fayose by MikelEleta(m): 8:51am On Sep 11, 2015
Fayose is always making sense. Even all the Apc governors that addressed the labour leaders never made as much sense. He is fearless to the extent of given them that admonition right in front of them. We all know the civil service is were corruption mainly crops up from. The labour leaders should purge themselves first afterall its always said that HE WHO MUST COME FOR EQUITY MUST COME WITH CLEAN HANDS. I remember the last NLC election and how there were infightings and throwing of chairs

2 Likes

Re: Labour Anti-corruption Protests, Mere Jamboree – Fayose by busuyem: 8:52am On Sep 11, 2015
The Alaruwo (noice maker) of Ekiti is here again.

1 Like

Re: Labour Anti-corruption Protests, Mere Jamboree – Fayose by Chubhie: 8:59am On Sep 11, 2015
I respect the balance fayose brings into this current dispensation regardless of how mundane his antics seems.

Fayose I know of will visit PMB like a thief in the night to prostrate and hail a disciplined general PMB is once he Fayose gets boxed into a corner.

1 Like

Re: Labour Anti-corruption Protests, Mere Jamboree – Fayose by tolexy007(m): 9:00am On Sep 11, 2015
grin Fayose i salute your courage... smiley God bless you...but is pity that some pll will not reason with this angry
this should make front page
Re: Labour Anti-corruption Protests, Mere Jamboree – Fayose by mrvitalis(m): 9:04am On Sep 11, 2015
I can't believe am saying this.... but for once am on the same side as this man
.... You are right on this one sir

1 Like

Re: Labour Anti-corruption Protests, Mere Jamboree – Fayose by drss(m): 9:07am On Sep 11, 2015
True talk fayose. Nlc are just bunch of hungry politicians looking for relevance. even their election was a show of shame.
Re: Labour Anti-corruption Protests, Mere Jamboree – Fayose by Chiadikaobi(m): 9:09am On Sep 11, 2015
I Thank God for his blessings,love & mercy. I thank him for a wonderful Gift,a Gift of life....... Friends I'm +1 today

oya make una appreciate me with 50 likes grin
Re: Labour Anti-corruption Protests, Mere Jamboree – Fayose by merry02(m): 9:35am On Sep 11, 2015
busuyem:
The Alaruwo (noice maker) of Ekiti is here again.
do u endeavour to read the press statement at all?
Re: Labour Anti-corruption Protests, Mere Jamboree – Fayose by merry02(m): 9:39am On Sep 11, 2015
I keep saying this, fayose is more brilliant that the some called General....imagine the press release, no political holder can steal without the civil servant, politician don't write paper, the only sign it!

If you re in tandem with fayose, hit like
If no hit share!

Pls sentiment apart!

(1) (Reply)

We Are Not Owing Anybody – Presidential Amnesty Office / Death Trap Road / Buhari Hails Obasanjo Over Guinea-bissau Crisis Resolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.