Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,120 members, 7,943,049 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 12:12 AM

Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? (16657 Views)

Are Tongues Meant To Be Understood? / The Evil Apple: Did Adam And Eve Really Eat An Apple? / How Well Did I Understand Grace Before I Understood Grace? - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

If I told you a flower bloomed in a dark room, would you trust it?

I can authoritatively tell you without mincing words that Arsenal FC is receiving more than they bargained for.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 9:13pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

I can authoritatively tell you without mincing words that Arsenal FC is receiving more than they bargained for.

Hmmm... well I wish it was Chelsea that was on the receiving end.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by HOLYSEE(m): 9:15pm On Sep 16, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]The Bible unlike other religious books appeal to our spiritual as well as physical and psychological needs, the Christian bible unlike other books of religion is not conjured or claim to have physical Powers but it is the authority that backs the written word called LOGOS that makes it RHEMA the spoken word. Why am I saying this in as much as the bible is inspired by the holy spirit it was brought to man in a form he can comprehend, therefore I would say for this reason the bible was written in literal, allegorical and metaphorically to make it understandable and not to confuse(discuss more on this later).....if you want to take everything literal then explain to me how the sons of ADAM multiplied without wives, and where the people Cain was afraid of when cursed to be wanderer came from or how did the population increase in thousands with just six persons on earth, HOW?......The story of creation was partly literal and allegorical because nobody was there and those who told the story before it was written by moses would surely drop part of the story and summarized, we know this happen with oral tradition..... For the record the Hebrew translation for Adam is Adamar meaning from the dust.......I am a Christian but no denomination and its a wrong assertion we have about the Roman Catholic stand on the bible and in my study with their Scholars none have I seen to disagree, they have pure theology but there are exceptions......

1 Like

Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Hmmm... well I wish it was Chelsea that was on the receiving end.

which tells me that u are not aware that Maccabi is suffering abuse in the hands of Mourinho and his boys.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 9:19pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

which tells me that u are not aware that Maccabi is suffering abuse in the hands of Mourinho and his boys.

Yea! That's why I wish reverse was the case. I would prefer Arsenal winning their own game.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Yea! That's why I wish reverse was the case. I would prefer Arsenal winning their own game.

There is only one thing u can do about that now.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 9:21pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

There is only one thing u can do about that now.

So you would love for me to say "what?"
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

So you would love for me to say "what?"
You know what to do. you don't have to ask
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 9:26pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

You know what to do. you don't have to ask

Haha. Chelsea fan

Well, enjoy your victory for now.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by HOLYSEE(m): 9:28pm On Sep 16, 2015
My dear if you truly have wisdom I mean wisdom not knowledge you will not be lopsided in your view or try to assume by manipulating the scripture just for argument for so were the Pharisees and the Athenian, read your scripture in wisdom and speak less of calumny for out of the abundant of the heart the mouth speak, same scripture that says God has no favourite said or quoted God saying Esau I hate Jacob I love.....let him that standeth beware else he falls
dmandy:

Is it possible for someone to say 'I don't know'? No, I don't think so. It's not in the dictionary of agape Christians.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Haha. Chelsea fan
Well, enjoy your victory for now.
Ayam not.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 9:30pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

Ayam not.

Well, read what you were quoted with.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 16, 2015
HOLYSEE:
My dear if you truly have wisdom I mean wisdom not knowledge you will not be lopsided in your view or try to assume by manipulating the scripture just for argument for so were the Pharisees and the Athenian, read your scripture in wisdom and speak less of calumny for out of the abundant of the heart the mouth speak, same scripture that says God has no favourite said or quoted God saying Esau I hate Jacob I love.....let him that standeth beware else he falls

Thank you pastor.

We are saying the samething. God does not hate anyone. Is not what you are saying, pastor?
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 9:33pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

Thank you pastor.

We are saying the samething. God does not hate anyone. Is not what you are saying, pastor?

Nope! That's not what he was saying.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Well, read what you were quoted with.
or?
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Nope! That's not what he was saying.
More like that is not what you want the man of God to say.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 9:37pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

More like that is not what you want the man of God to say.

More like, read his last sentence.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

More like, read his last sentence.
okay. Ever of akwaa akwuru?
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 9:46pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

okay. Ever of akwaa akwuru?

lipsrsealed
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by dazzlingd(m): 7:47am On Sep 17, 2015
TrajansKong:

Wisdom indeed, my broda. We are sons and daughters of Adam and Eve. But through the serpent they brought the sin which condemns us to the flames eternal. Behold our parents!

Through total obedience to their son Jesus Christ we can be freed from our darkness. Repent!
you depict picture of your parents being whites and u are black....teach me magic
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by TrajansKong: 11:10am On Sep 17, 2015
dazzlingd:

you depict picture of your parents being whites and u are black....teach me magic
There is no magic. Magic, witchcraft, idle warship and primitive superstition belongs back in the times of our forefathers. All experts in scriptural jurisprudence agree that our Lord is a white man. Read your Bible well and you will know that he is a DIRECT descendent from Adam and Eve. These two as you know were the first human beings, the father and mother of us all.

I cushion you against the pride and ignorance beliefs that brought catastrophe to our ancestors. Embrace the truth of Jesus and David's line. Repent. Be free.

Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by dazzlingd(m): 5:56pm On Sep 17, 2015
TrajansKong:

There is no magic. Magic, witchcraft, idle warship and primitive superstition belongs back in the times of our forefathers. All experts in scriptural jurisprudence agree that our Lord is a white man. Read your Bible well and you will know that he is a DIRECT descendent from Adam and Eve. These two as you know were the first human beings, the father and mother of us all.

I cushion you against the pride and ignorance beliefs that brought catastrophe to our ancestors. Embrace the truth of Jesus and David's line. Repent. Be free.
why can't you make your points without threats of damnation and catastrophe. I never threatened you in anyway.

anyway, if adam and eve were white, itz understandable why Jesus a descendant is depicted as white in your pix. But my question remained unsawered, then why are u black, where did u blacks come from? Your ancestors were never white, were they?

why is it that adam and eve aren't black in your pictorial depictions?
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 6:29pm On Sep 17, 2015
dazzlingd:

why can't you make your points without threats of damnation and catastrophe. I never threatened you in anyway.

anyway, if adam and eve were white, itz understandable why Jesus a descendant is depicted as white in your pix. But my question remained unsawered, then why are u black, where did u blacks come from? Your ancestors were never white, were they?

why is it that adam and eve aren't black in your pictorial depictions?

And that is what they are, just pictorial depictions.

Adam Could have been white and Eve black for all we know. Or the reverse.

Its also possible they were whites but somewhere along the lineage, black children could have been born. "For with God, nothing is impossible."

There are cases of whites giving birth to blacks or even blacks giving birth to whites.

Be enlightened.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by dazzlingd(m): 7:38pm On Sep 17, 2015
Jeromejnr:

And that is what they are, just pictorial depictions.

Adam Could have been white and Eve black for all we know. Or the reverse.

Its also possible they were whites but somewhere along the lineage, black children could have been born. "For with God, nothing is impossible."

There are cases of whites giving birth to blacks or even blacks giving birth to whites.

Be enlightened.

every blood line has a beginning, whites giving birth to blacks and vice versa can be traced to their ancestors who have had their blood line interfered with by the other race.....

but I'm asking of the origin of these bloodlines.....

you perhaps are the one that needs enlightenment for you have condemned ursef not to seek knowledge and rather too lazy or too scared to ask questions and seek for answers.

when you don't have answers u immediately call it religion, and that which u can explain, u call it science
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by HOLYSEE(m): 8:06pm On Sep 17, 2015
dazzlingd:

every blood line has a beginning, whites giving birth to blacks and vice versa can be traced to their ancestors who have had their blood line interfered with by the other race.....

you perhaps are the one that needs enlightenment for you have condemned ursef not to seek knowledge and rather too lazy or too scared to ask questions and seek for answers.

when you don't have answers u immediately call it religion, and that which u can explain, u call it science
i love your response, you have a pure heart. jerome and his likes are so scared of asking not knowing that GOD made us like that so that we can ask to know what we know and what we should know...
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 8:32pm On Sep 17, 2015
dazzlingd:

Ah! But such knowledge is lofty for thy petite mind.

For reasons such as this do many forsake their own mercy. The great King offers you wisdom. For the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

Embrace wisdom, for she crieth out to you in a loud voice.

Repent! For judgement is coming to this perverse world.

Beware of religion but seek the great King.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 8:33pm On Sep 17, 2015
HOLYSEE:
i love your response, you have a pure heart. jerome and his likes are so scared of asking not knowing that GOD made us like that so that we can ask to know what we know and what we should know...

So you join an unbeliever just to spite me.

Do not be insecure but knowledgeable.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by dazzlingd(m): 8:39pm On Sep 17, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Ah! But such knowledge is lofty for thy petite mind.

For reasons such as this do many forsake their own mercy. The great King offers you wisdom. For the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

Embrace wisdom, for she crieth out to you in a loud voice.

Repent! For judgement is coming to this perverse world.

Beware of religion but seek the great King.

I have nothing more to say....I can see your heart despise knowledge.

btw, I'm a believer.....
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 8:42pm On Sep 17, 2015
dazzlingd:

I have nothing more to say....I can see your heart despise knowledge.

btw, I'm a believer.....

A believer that doesn't take into cognisance how the atheists will react to his comment.

Instead of promoting the kingdom you try to run it down.

BTW, I am scientist.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by dazzlingd(m): 9:26pm On Sep 17, 2015
Jeromejnr:

A believer that doesn't take into cognisance how the atheists will react to his comment.

Instead of promoting the kingdom you try to run it down.

BTW, I am scientist.

how ve I attempted to run down the kingdom?
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by Jeromejnr(m): 9:43pm On Sep 17, 2015
dazzlingd:

how ve I attempted to run down the kingdom?

Look at this scenario:

Paul says, if meat is offered to you that has been given offered to idols in the presence of a weak Christian, do not eat.

Why?

Because that weak Christians faith could be hampered and him not having sufficient knowledge might think its okay to offer things to Idols.

Does eating meat offered to idols have any effect?
No, Paul says. For Idols are nothing but for the sake of a baby Christian he would rather not eat it.

Now, there could be atheists here who could just be on the verge of believing. But comments as such could hamper them from entering in.

Because then again, You carry that person back to the realm of logic. And many Christians do foolish things like that on NL.

For we walk by faith not by sight.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? by dazzlingd(m): 8:57pm On Sep 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Look at this scenario:

Paul says, if meat is offered to you that has been given offered to idols in the presence of a weak Christian, do not eat.

Why?

Because that weak Christians faith could be hampered and him not having sufficient knowledge might think its okay to offer things to Idols.

Does eating meat offered to idols have any effect?
No, Paul says. For Idols are nothing but for the sake of a baby Christian he would rather not eat it.

Now, there could be atheists here who could just be on the verge of believing. But comments as such could hamper them from entering in.

Because then again, You carry that person back to the realm of logic. And many Christians do foolish things like that on NL.

For we walk by faith not by sight.

to seek truth and knowledge cannot kill, only lack of it can make one perish..

The fact is just that many Christians are too ignorant. They don't even know what they worship, practice and preach. no wonder they can't stand an argument with aethist....
and wen they ve been totally cornered by questions they can't answer, their best escape route is to threaten with eternal damnation or otherwise claim nothing is impossible.

perhaps you are expecting everyone to be converted the way Paul was converted?

people will ask questions, it is their rights, and only the truth can set one free....

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? / My Visions Of Celestial Beings, Heaven And The End Time Revival. / Rwanda Shuts Down 714 Churches Over Noise Pollution, Safety Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.