Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,952 members, 7,890,138 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:53 AM

Us Visa From The Uk - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Us Visa From The Uk (844 Views)

Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again / Schengen Visa From French Embassy London - Eu Spouse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Us Visa From The Uk by TonyTone1: 4:41pm On Apr 07, 2009
Has any one applied for the US visa from the uk (with a UK student VIsa with 5 months validity) i heard its tougher these days .please if any one has in the recent past i will like to know some of the requirement s like minimum account bal. in your bank- this is not clearly stated on the web site,, social ties with a 3rd country etc. ,I intend to use a sponsor who is a citizen.
Thanks
Re: Us Visa From The Uk by Ilelobola: 9:46pm On Apr 07, 2009
My sister applied after she had been in a UK for a year on a student visa though her visa was valid for another 2 years, she was refused as the officer felt she hadn't resided long enough in the UK to be applying , so she applied from Nigeria shortly after and was advised to apply from the UK as she was resident in the UK.

A friend applied after 2 years of a 3 year student visa and was given a 2 year US visa which was even valid beyond the expiry of her UK visa.

Don't think there's a minimum amount you neeed in the bank though one would expect a reasonable amount to cover all your expenses whilst you are there.
Ties to the country would include demonstrating you are studying, family in the UK, property in the UK etc.

If you are still renewing ur UK visa for a longer period it might be worth waiting to apply except you need to go before then of course. Though judging by my friend's case, who really knows what the criteria is as it can be discretionary.

(1) (Reply)

I need to Change the Surname on my Electronic Passport. Can someone Help please / An Open Door For Migrants To Work On Olympics (while 200,000 British Builders Ar / Against Arik Air And The Humiliation Of Mr Inyang

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.