Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,950 members, 7,973,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 12:43 PM

Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre (18600 Views)

Ooni, Enitan Ogunwusi, Returns From The Forest With The Traditional Crown / Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards / TD Jakes ,forrest Whitaker And Other Foreign Celebs Of Nigerian Descent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by Afam4eva(m): 2:14am On Apr 08, 2009
OgidiBoy:

I can only imagine how many poor cows and he-goats they slaughtered for that event sad
The chieftaincy title was not done in Benin.
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by OgidiBoy(m): 2:30am On Apr 08, 2009
In Ogidi Anambra state, they killed some cows and goats when my grandpa was doing the chieftaincy thing
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by tpia: 3:04am On Apr 08, 2009
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by Afam4eva(m): 3:52am On Apr 08, 2009
OgidiBoy:

In Ogidi Anambra state, they killed some cows and goats when my grandpa was doing the chieftaincy thing

Ohh, i thout you were referring to killing human beings.
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by comfort3: 4:02am On Apr 08, 2009
afam4eva:

the killing  of a human beings and  the eatting  of a human being in igboland.

Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by OgidiBoy(m): 4:13am On Apr 08, 2009
Posted by: *comfort
Insert Quote
Quote from: afam4eva on Today at 03:52:06 AM

the killing of a human beings and the eatting of a human being in igboland.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by ezeagu(m): 8:53pm On Apr 12, 2009
I just found out that it was an Nkwerre man that invited him to Nigeria in the first place, so all that about Nollywood was rubbish.
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by londoner: 3:45pm On Apr 13, 2009
I dont see the big fuss, he had found out that he his ancestors are from there, through DNA tesing. Apparantly he has been trying for a long time to visit. I see nothing untoward about it at all.

Forrest and Danny look happy in the picture to me. I am happy for them.
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by shotster50(m): 11:35pm On Apr 13, 2009
Theres always going to be tribalistic undertones in everything Nigerian!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by londoner: 1:15pm On Apr 14, 2009
@Shotster, what is tribalistic about a man who has a DNa test to find out he is Igbo and going to Igboland to be recognised as a descendant?

Forrest was in Nigeria for the AMAA's in Bayelsa and took the opportunity to visit upon invitation. He has been wishing to visit for some time now. It was unconnected with the AMMA's, I really dont get why people are twisting it into something else.

Afterall, when Beyonce and Jay Z travelled to Kwara state not long ago and Jay Z was given a chieftancy title, who here made accusations of tribalism? Jay Z had no DNA traced to Nigeria or Kwara state at all.

The double standards evidenced on this thread are what constitutes the tribalism, if any.
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by spikedcylinder: 1:47pm On Apr 14, 2009
Kini big deal? undecided

Any human with enough cash and fame can get a chieftancy title ANYWHERE in Nigeria. Those titles are like pure water, rarely coveted. undecided
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by MrCrackles(m): 1:50pm On Apr 14, 2009
Topic

NICE!
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 14, 2009
Good for them jare!!

at least they know where their roots are.

the picture is good
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by Seun(m): 6:42pm On Apr 14, 2009
What's the source of this story?
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by Seun(m): 7:13pm On Apr 14, 2009
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by dae(f): 7:29pm On Apr 14, 2009
Omg!! people will almost put their wrappers on the floor for them as a "red carpet " treatment. DID JAY-Z ALSO GET A CHIEFTANCY TITLE WHEN HE WENT TO NAIJA??

I dont get it, they dont give chieftancy titles to naijas but foreigners ehn!
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by SeanT21(f): 7:47pm On Apr 14, 2009
I read something about Oprah saying her roots is from Liberia. undecided

Anyway,Congrats to Forrest for finding his roots!!
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by ezeagu(m): 8:06pm On Apr 14, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Kini big deal? undecided

Any human with enough cash and fame can get a chieftancy title ANYWHERE in Nigeria. Those titles are like pure water, rarely coveted. undecided

Any Human that has been torn away from their homeland and stripped of their history, culture, identity and name deserves a chieftaincy title. Stop being a pessimist and Igbo jealous-er.

dae:

Omg!! people will almost put their wrappers on the floor for them as a "red carpet " treatment. DID JAY-Z ALSO GET A CHIEFTANCY TITLE WHEN HE WENT TO NAIJA??

I dont get it, they dont give chieftancy titles to naijas but foreigners ehn!

If you read things first you'll understand why he got a chieftaincy title and why your comment is a bit on the stupid side.
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by londoner: 8:13pm On Apr 14, 2009
Seriously, people here sometime find fault with anything remotely connected with the Igbo's. Unless its Igbo drug dealers or 419ers they are not happy.

Even something positive they try to turn into something negative.

Why do people here generally have their backs up when it comes to anything Igbo?
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 15, 2009
For Christsake, look at the name sef.

How can y'all not be able to tell?
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by anonimi: 1:13am On Apr 15, 2009
is that the settlement they gave him/them for their great grand parents having been sold by our own great grand parents for alcohol, fabrics, guns, ammunition and other pittance?
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by ChinenyeN(m): 3:29am On Apr 15, 2009
anonimi:

is that the settlement they gave him/them for their great grand parents having been sold by our own great grand parents for alcohol, fabrics, guns, ammunition and other pittance?
Common misconception.
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by davidif: 6:37am On Apr 15, 2009
they really really look igbo ha ha.
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 15, 2009
anonimi:

is that the settlement they gave him/them for their great grand parents having been sold by our own great grand parents for alcohol, fabrics, guns, ammunition,mirrors, walking sticks, and other pittance?
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by anonimi: 11:18am On Apr 15, 2009
ChinenyeN:

Common misconception.

how is it a common misconception that they were sold by their brothers and sisters- fellow Africans?
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by spikedcylinder: 11:25am On Apr 15, 2009
ezeagu:

Any Human that has been torn away from their homeland and stripped of their history, culture, identity and name deserves a chieftaincy title. Stop being a pessimist and Igbo jealous-er.

"Igbo jealous-er", what the f,uck is that? And what makes you think I'm not Igbo?
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by ChinenyeN(m): 11:31am On Apr 15, 2009
anonimi:

how is it a common misconception that they were sold by their brothers and sisters- fellow Africans?
You don't know? Okay. I'll try to state it as briefly as possible. It is a common misconception that stemmed from the overgeneralization that we, as an African people, sold our brothers and sisters into slavery. There is no doubt though, that some Africans participated in the slave trade (some more heavily than others). Sadly, their actions seem to be representative of the rest of the non-enslaved Africa[ns] (an overgeneralization). Even, for most places in Africa, it wasn't as clear cut and as simple as just selling their brothers and sisters. It was more complex than that. That's why I said common misconception.
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by tpia: 1:46pm On Apr 15, 2009
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by romeo(m): 5:13pm On Apr 15, 2009
anonimi:

So what? Has it ever occured to you that many African families lost one or more family members to slavery? Maybe your ancestors sold slaves and mine did not and you are here spewing rubbish. Some of them (descendants of slaves) could be from my lineage or yours, Families were left in tears because of slavery in Africa. selling people was not a norm acceptable to all back in those days, The people at the helms of slave trade were more like the present day organised crime syndicates and I don't think it's appropriate to extend the blames reserved for the Italian Mafia to the entire Italian society.
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by romeo(m): 5:18pm On Apr 15, 2009
@post
They could be from anywhere!! there are Hundreds of thousands like them from different ethnicities. There is another thread about a certain Judge that is Yoruba and nobody is crying foul. Even though as usual they tried to diss Igbo people there. Shame on you all
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by tpia: 5:28pm On Apr 15, 2009
Re: Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre by romeo(m): 5:36pm On Apr 15, 2009
tpia:

your lineage from which century?

From the one you were born! Ewu onye ime obodo cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yoruba Cities, Towns And Villages- What Do Their Names Mean? / Marriage Squeeze: Is This Only An African American Woman's Problem? / The Black Race Is A Disgrace And Curse To Humanity..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.