Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,164 members, 7,977,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 07:02 AM

The Biafra Delusion!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Biafra Delusion!!! (1082 Views)

IPOB Leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Praying At The Biafra Cenotaph Hill Top-Pictures / The Age of Illusion and Delusion (UPDATE: DO NOT FEAR DEATH) / IPOB: A Delusion Taken Too Far - Charles Ibekwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Biafra Delusion!!! by bolaino(m): 8:30am On Sep 12, 2015
The Idiosyncratic Nature of the agitation of a So called Biafra republic is nonsensical and ambiguous, there is no sense in it whatsoever, rather the struggle and the agitation for a republic of Biafra by the Ibos have turned them against every Nigerian, and this will have very dire consequences for the Ibo children yet unborn and even the current ibo people in Nigeria, the agitation for a republic of Biafra by the Ibos has shown Nigerians the true Nature of the Ibos, and it is very disheartening, because this agitation proves that the Ibos are very selfish and myopic, why do the Ibos constantly clamor to be killed? Why do the Ibos constantly seek to assert themselves on other Nigerians? These and many other questions are what most Nigerians are asking in their hearts, why can't the Ibos be content? Are the Ibos suffering more than the people of the Niger Delta, whose environments have been degraded and their sources of livelihood destroyed over the years by oil exploration? The Ibos have proved yet again that they can not produce a Nigerian President, and to be honest, I think it would take a very long time before the Ibos can produce a President in this country, the ibos are the most Tribal Ethnic Group in Nigeria, and it is because of the Ibos that Nigeria has not developed much since independence, because of their constant retrogressive activities, if Nigeria had not fought a civil war, Nigeria would have developed faster than we have developed, and now in this modern age of reasoning the Ibos have come again, like spoilt children, clamoring to kill all Non Ibos living in The "Zoo" called Nigeria. But the truth Is this, the rest of Nigeria has now seen the Ibos for who they are, and they are nothing but selfish and arrogant people, and if it'll take president buhari in sending the Military to the east to quell this current Insurgency brewing there, then I support it wholeheartedly, because the Ibo people clamoring for a Republic of Biafra, are Deluded, and disillusioned, maybe the Nigerian Army can help wake them from their Delusion. Long Live The Federal Republic Of Nigeria.
Re: The Biafra Delusion!!! by truefact: 8:36am On Sep 12, 2015
Mastubator, why do you love igbos such? Dont you know igbos hate you lot with passion? Igbos don't need your love or whatever. .go to hell with your nigeria. .

Just Thank your God the war is not all about Igbos and yorubas or Igbos and Hausa-Fulani. ..clowns everywhere

4 Likes

Re: The Biafra Delusion!!! by bolaino(m): 8:44am On Sep 12, 2015
truefact:
Mastubator, why do you love igbos such? Dont you know igbos hate you lot with passion? Igbos don't need your love or whatever. .go to hell with your nigeria. .

Just Thank your God the war is not all about Igbos and yorubas or Igbos and Hausa-Fulani. ..clowns everywhere
I Love Igbo women.
Re: The Biafra Delusion!!! by zendy: 8:44am On Sep 12, 2015
bolaino:
The Idiosyncratic Nature of the agitation of a So called Biafra republic is nonsensical and ambiguous, there is no sense in it whatsoever, rather the struggle and the agitation for a republic of Biafra by the Ibos have turned them against every Nigerian, and this will have very dire consequences for the Ibo children yet unborn and even the current ibo people in Nigeria, the agitation for a republic of Biafra by the Ibos has shown Nigerians the true Nature of the Ibos, and it is very disheartening, because this agitation proves that the Ibos are very selfish and myopic, why do the Ibos constantly clamor to be killed? Why do the Ibos constantly seek to assert themselves on other Nigerians? These and many other questions are what most Nigerians are asking in their hearts, why can't the Ibos be content? Are the Ibos suffering more than the people of the Niger Delta, whose environments have been degraded and their sources of livelihood destroyed over the years by oil exploration? The Ibos have proved yet again that they can not produce a Nigerian President, and to be honest, I think it would take a very long time before the Ibos can produce a President in this country, the ibos are the most Tribal Ethnic Group in Nigeria, and it is because of the Ibos that Nigeria has not developed much since independence, because of their constant retrogressive activities, if Nigeria had not fought a civil war, Nigeria would have developed faster than we have developed, and now in this modern age of reasoning the Ibos have come again, like spoilt children, clamoring to kill all Non Ibos living in The "Zoo" called Nigeria. But the truth Is this, the rest of Nigeria has now seen the Ibos for who they are, and they are nothing but selfish and arrogant people, and if it'll take president buhari in sending the Military to the east to quell this current Insurgency brewing there, then I support it wholeheartedly, because the Ibo people clamoring for a Republic of Biafra, are Deluded, and disillusioned, maybe the Nigerian Army can help wake them from their Delusion. Long Live The Federal Republic Of Nigeria.

If you know that Igbos are selfish, myopic and vindictive, why do you want to still remain in the same country with them? Why not let the people go their way? But if we Igbos declare Biafra tomorrow, you people will come for us. The funniest thing about the whole situation is that Biafra is a country founded by Africans while the sacrilege called Nigeria was created by the White man. So which of them has more legitimacy? I suggest you take your "One Nigeria" and return it back to Lugard in Britain where it came from

8 Likes

Re: The Biafra Delusion!!! by bolaino(m): 8:53am On Sep 12, 2015
zendy:

If you know that Igbos are selfish, myopic and vindictive, why do you want to still remain in the same country with them? Why not let the people go their way? But if we Igbos declare Biafra tomorrow, you people will come for us. The funniest thing about the whole situation is that Biafra is a country founded by Africans while the sacrilege called Nigeria was created by the White man. So which of them has more legitimacy? I suggest you take your "One Nigeria" and return it back to Lugard in Britain where it came from
Nigeria will always be the only home of the Ibos whether you like it or not. You guys better start seeing Buhari as your president or else.........
Re: The Biafra Delusion!!! by rexbuton: 8:55am On Sep 12, 2015
The Igbos are peaceloving and hardworking. extremely humble too.. Nigeria cannot survive without them

4 Likes

Re: The Biafra Delusion!!! by zendy: 8:59am On Sep 12, 2015
bolaino:
Nigeria will always be the only home of the Ibos whether you like it or not. You guys better start seeing Buhari as your president or else.........

You're a dreamer. Your zoological Republic of Lord Lugard is home to nobody. A white man cannot come from Britain to give you your country.What will your Buhari do if we Igbos leave Nigeria tomorrow for Biafra? Send Soldiers to come and kill people? Is that all? Tell me something new.

5 Likes

Re: The Biafra Delusion!!! by bolaino(m): 9:04am On Sep 12, 2015
zendy:

Your a dreamer. Your zoological Republic of Lord Lugard is home to nobody. A white man cannot come from Britain to give you your country.What will your Buhari do if we Igbos leave Nigeria tomorrow for Biafra? Send Soldiers to come and kill people? Is that all? Tell me something new.
Are you ready to die for biafra?
Re: The Biafra Delusion!!! by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 12, 2015
bolaino:
Deranged monkeys and baboons like you are the main reason why the Igbos need to secede from this damnable contraption ASAP!! There is no way the Igbos can prosper in the midst of devilish people like you. Imaging blaming the Igbos on every rubbish in this damnable contraption. am sure if buhari fails Nigeria, monkeys and baboons like you will still lay the blame on the Igbos as if it is the Igbos that has been ruling Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: The Biafra Delusion!!! by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 12, 2015
bolaino:
Or else what?
Re: The Biafra Delusion!!! by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 12, 2015
bolaino:
The same question is also applicable to you, are you ready to die for Nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: The Biafra Delusion!!! by zendy: 9:13am On Sep 12, 2015
bolaino:

My father was a Biafran Soldier and I'm bound to follow in his footsteps if a war between Biafra and Nigeria breaks out. I am prepared to lay down my life for Biafra

5 Likes

Re: The Biafra Delusion!!! by bingala: 9:16am On Sep 12, 2015
bolaino:
your comment here portrays your high level of stupidity and mediocrity, why will you say that Nigeria will be home of igbos by fire by force contrary to the wish of the Igbo's if not because of the selfish interest of your damnable contraption.
let me put it to you that the time of this lugard creation is up, very thing made by man has expiration date, zoological republic is not and will not be in exception.
time to take the bull by the horn Is here, the zoo must fall.
you make kill but you can't kill us all
you may arrest us but you can't stop us
#Freedom for #Biafra
#Freedom for #Catalan

4 Likes

Re: The Biafra Delusion!!! by bolaino(m): 9:17am On Sep 12, 2015
ekenedegreat:
Or else what?
or else he will not be happy with you people, and I assure you, you don't want Buhari to be unhappy with you.
Re: The Biafra Delusion!!! by rexycul4(f): 9:17am On Sep 12, 2015
embarassed
Re: The Biafra Delusion!!! by bolaino(m): 9:18am On Sep 12, 2015
zendy:

My father was a Biafran Soldier and I'm bound to follow in his footsteps if a war between Biafra and Nigeria breaks out. I am prepared to lay down my life for Biafra
good for you.
Re: The Biafra Delusion!!! by bolaino(m): 9:19am On Sep 12, 2015
bingala:
your comment here portrays your high level of stupidity and mediocrity, why will you say that Nigeria will be home of igbos by fire by force contrary to the wish of the Igbo's if not because of the selfish interest of your damnable contraption.
let me put it to you that the time of this lugard creation is up, very thing made by man has expiration date, zoological republic is not and will not be in exception.
time to take the bull by the horn Is here, the zoo must fall.
you make kill but you can't kill us all
you may arrest us but you can't stop us
#Freedom for #Biafra
#Freedom for #Catalan
it is the republic of Biafra that is a Zoo, Not my Nigeria, #OneNigeria
Re: The Biafra Delusion!!! by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 12, 2015
bolaino:
or else he will not be happy with you people, and I assure you, you don't want Buhari to be unhappy with you.
Who is buhari? If buhari your god becomes unhappy will the heavens fall?
Re: The Biafra Delusion!!! by bingala: 9:25am On Sep 12, 2015
bolaino:
Tell me when last you heard of bomb blast in IDP camp if not in This damnable contraption, so calling Nigeria zoo is an insult to animal kingdom,
your post and comments also shows that you are not human, so is either you are a monkey or a baboon

#freedom for #biafra

9 Likes

Re: The Biafra Delusion!!! by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 12, 2015
Kaakulator:
[b][size=25pt]A steady rise of artificial intelligence could give human societies time to adapt to the impact of the technological change. But humanity might face huge problems if an incredibly smart AI such as Skynet suddenly appeared tomorrow. That’s why several AI researchers have begun looking to history for times when a technology suddenly improved by huge leaps and bounds. They’re also willing to pay anyone between $50 and $500 for strong historical examples of such abrupt technological change.

The “research bounties” on offer come from the AI Impacts project, an initiative founded by researchers from the Machine Intelligence Research Institute in Berkeley and the University of California, Berkeley. They’re hoping to find strong historical examples of “discontinuous technological progress” in which a technology underwent a sudden jump in improvement. A large discontinuity involves more than 100 years of progress at once. A moderate discontinuity might mean more than 10 years of progress at once. So far, the researchers have listed two examples of large discontinuities: the development of nuclear weapons during World War II and improvements in high temperature superconductors starting in 1986.

Early nuclear weapons represented a jump of about 6,000 years of past progress in a single step. Today’s AI technology remains well below human levels of intelligence, but a similarly large discontinuity could quickly turn the tables. Such a leap for AI would almost certainly have huge implications for humanity, regardless of whether or not it went rogue like Skynet or had more beneficial impacts. The AI Impacts project has received funding for its research from Elon Musk, a Silicon Valley pioneer who has openly warned about the potential dangers of AI. (The Boston-based Future of Life Institute chose the AI projects that received Musk’s funding.)

AI Impacts has offered two categories of “research bounties.” The first category involves finding examples of discontinuous technological progress and pays out anywhere between $50 and $500.

To assess discontinuity, we’ve been using “number of years worth of progress at past rates”, as measured by any relevant metric of technological progress. For example, the discovery of nuclear weapons was equal to about 6,000 years worth of previous progress in the relative effectiveness of explosives. However, we are also interested in examples that seem intuitively discontinuous, even if they don’t exactly fit the criteria of being a large number of year’s progress in one go.

Any interested person can email a paragraph that describes their example and includes sources to back up their claims. Sources would ideally have “at least one time series of success on a particular metric,” such as the amount of energy released per unit mass of explosive in the case of comparing nuclear weapons with past explosives.

The second category of research bounties pays out $20 to $100 for examples of a person acting to prevent a risk that was at least 15 years away. This category only requires you to submit one sentence that includes a link or citation supporting the claim. Anyone serious about submitting good examples will want to read the full criteria at the AI Impacts blog. Submissions for both categories can be emailed to katja@intelligence.org.

AI Impacts hopes that studying historical examples of discontinuous technological progress will provide insight into whether AI technology might also undergo a sudden leap in improvement. That’s certainly no easy task, but it may still prove easier than trying to predict the full consequences of AI suddenly becoming the equal or superior of human intelligence. Many U.S. leaders naively predicted that the atomic bomb would eliminate the need for much conventional warfare after World War II; a mistaken assumption that cost the U.S. military dearly during the first hot conflict of the Cold War.

Do you think the AI will undergo a sudden leap in technological progress and take humanity by surprise?

CATEGORIZED UNDER: TECHNOLOGY, TOP POSTS, UNCATEGORIZED[/size][/b]
Re: The Biafra Delusion!!! by erikcantona: 10:03am On Sep 12, 2015
bolaino:
I wonder if you like how people. Die everyday in ur nigeria! How they closeed up all the sea port in the eastern nigeria ! Shut down all the companies! How they stoped construction of 2nd nija brigde ! And sabotaged international airpots in the east ! Abeg carry your one nigeria we dnt need you ppl again!! Thousands of igbos killed in the north yearly in there incecant riotings !!! Your oba wana drown igbos and your dovtor who wants yorubas to use a xenophobic aproach on igbos for bieng hardworking!! We are tired of trying to make this marriage work!!! Divorce is obtainable peacefully but if nigeria refuses we will go to war again and am ready to fight for my BIAFRA land

3 Likes

Re: The Biafra Delusion!!! by rite2success(f): 11:36am On Sep 12, 2015
It is sad that an individual can reason the way and manner this op did. The best option would be to ignore u and not lend credence to this idiocy, but I guess that would be a grave mistake.My friend, be educated by this advice it might be your life saver(no insult intended)do not open your mouth and insult a whole tribe, it might cost u your life.Read Ola Rotimi book, the gods are not blame. A people can not become delusional, just because they seek freedom. The question of Biafra is a delicate matter and shld be so treated. To understand it you must first understand the tripod on which an average igboman stands i.e live and lets live,republican,freedom.This no man can take away from him,not even a rogue from England who came to steal in Africa and to legitimize his fraud chose to convince her imperial dismajesty to merge people who do not have anything in common together, this people do not look alike, they do not have common ancestors, not culture, not religion,not food,absolutely nothing in common. The question of Biafra goes beyond oil, money or greed, no my friend it is more spiritual than that. Don't try to rubbish it because its foundation is based on FREEDOM, EQUITY AND JUSTICE,on the life of millions of children killed by hatred and wickedness of the Hausa/Fulani,Yoruba and supported by a federal govt of Mr gowone. The struggle for Biafra is encouraged by the memory of the life of hundreds of pregnant igbo women whom were disemboweled with sharp knives on the streets of northern Nigeria even before the war began,and the UN looked on as if nothing happened......my friend, we will never FORGET.

1 Like

Re: The Biafra Delusion!!! by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 12, 2015
Ok
Re: The Biafra Delusion!!! by brize(m): 11:58am On Sep 12, 2015
Every baboon and monkey in the zoo called Nigeria will say an igbo man is his problem but he will open up his wide monkey mouth to shout one zoogeria

1 Like

Re: The Biafra Delusion!!! by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 12, 2015
new2020:

I'm not Igbo. I'm just knowledgeable of their achievements. Read below...Igbos have led in every achievement ahead of the Yorubas up until the civil war. Yorubas only got ahead after the war when the Igbos lost everything and seriously damaged by the war...that was the only way yorubas could get ahead. Awolowo was very much aware of this agenda which is why he offered yorubas free education while starving Igbos at the same time. You get it? However Igbos have since reclaimed that position since 2000.

Read below article. Again Igbos are not your mate. Whites are aware of this!

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=2547

ceaz4r:

The phobia you and your lots have for the Igbos have become so obvious is now a sour to the eyes.
Whether your concern for the vaibility of the Biafran state when it comes is genuine or faulse, it doesn't scratch us one bit. In fact, we don't and won't notice.
Stay in your enclave there and watch.

* one advice for you, buy a carton of panadol extra and desolve the madicine in a basin of water to form syrup, also buy a straw. When the pounding headache from thinking about Biafra gets too unbearable, you sip some of the syrup. You will need it.
Re: The Biafra Delusion!!! by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 12, 2015
Orikinla:
OWNERS OF NIGERIA -PART 1

By Seyi Oduyela
seyioduyela@aol.com

August 15, 2004

After the 419 Gubernatorial and Presidential elections last year ( by 4/19 I mean April 19, coincidentally it means Advanced Fee Fraud and that was exactly what the election was), Chief Bisi Akande, former Governor of Osun State, the man adjudged as one of, if not the best Governor of 1999-2003 said that his defeat was like a thief coming to rob you of your possession, you are harmless, the only thing you can do is just keep qiuet and allow it.

I thought about this and I have come to the conclusion that our situation in Nigeria is like that. But I think I disagree with him in the area of not doing anything to it. This we talk about later on.

Nigeria in the last 44 years has been stolen by a cabal and turned to their own. These few robbers have created dynasties for themselves and they pass us round. I have to call them owners of Nigeria because that is what I think they are and the rest of us are tenants. Who are these people and why are they owners of Nigeria?

They cut across all the geo-political zones of Nigeria. We have them in the West, North, East and South-South, also the Middlebelt. Our living has been subjected to theirs, we live how they want us to live, do what they want us to do, sneeze when they ask us to, eat what they offer us. This is pathetic, but I think we caused it. They are able to do this to us because we allow them to have access to wealth while we remain complacent. We hail them, worship them, sing their praises, kill ourselves because of them, fight each other for them to live. They enjoy seeing us dying, suffering, queueing at the gas stations, running after commuter buses, begging for crumbs from their table, even when it demands that we struggle with their dogs to get it.

We live in the midst of plenty yet we are poor. Many of our children abandoned their school for embassies, because they need visa to go and be slaves in another man’s country. They succeeded in driving our good brains out, so that they will turn our land to a jungle. Nothing works except what they want to make work. They control everything including the air we breathe. While we pay the NEPA bill and don’t enjoy the power, they don’t yet never experienced power failure. We don’t have good water to drink, they waster the ones they have. They make the refineries unworkable and import petroleum products for us with the money going back to their different purses from their refineires outside the country. Many of them have been in the system since the birth of an Independent Nigeria and they are still there, some are replacing themselves with their sons and daughters, and we fold our hands watching helplessly.

They kill and get away with it, maim nothing happens. They call the shots in all facets of our lives. They tell us who is going to be out next President and where he will come from, they write constitution for us, a constitution that has the hand of Esau and the voice of Jacob. A constitution unitary in all its features but called federal.

They are not faceless, they are people we see daily, meet daily and sing their praises. Their empire is big. They have the media, banks, police, military, state security and above all government.

One edition of publication cannot talk about these people, but it has taken me time to come out with this and I intend to write a book on these owners of Nigeria.

Though I was born 6 years after the so-called independence, I think as a history student both at my elementary and high school I learnt about Nigerian history and now as an adult I can talk of what happened since independent to date. At a forum in New York on 6/12, I mean June 12 I maintained a position that we only have one Republic in Nigeria, because we have only be ruled by one set of rulers under same system that is cyclic. What I mean is that since 1960 we have been going round the vicious cycle. Or how do you explain the presence of Alhaji Adamu Ciroma, a graduate of History from the University of Ibadan who was appointed a Central Bank governor and has been featuring in one government or the other be it military or civilian, up till 2003. even when he was sick Obasanjo kept his portfolio. Or that of Asiodu Phillip.

Let me start with the present President of Nigeria and Balogun of Owu, the Commander-in-Chief of Armed Forces and Chairman of the Owu King makers.

Olusegun Matthew Aremu Okikiola Obasanjo- became a household name in 1976 after the coup that killed Murtala Mohammed on the fateful day of February 13, 1976, I was in primary six then. As we were made to know, Obasanjo had wanted to turn down the offer of ruling Nigeria but had to accept at gun-point. This fable sounds ridiculous, because under no circumstance will a brave man compromise his principle for anything. A soldier as we are made to know do not fear death, they know this from their day one in the military. Let us leave that aside. He ruled Nigeria for 3 years, with iron hand.

It was in his tenure that Akintunde Ojo, who incidentally was is god-son was killed at the University of Lagos in 1978. Professor Ade Ajayi, then Vice Chancellor of University of Lagos lost his job because he attended Akintunde Ojo’s burial. Ebenezer Babatope, Ola Oni and many others lost their jobs as lecturers in various Institutions over the students unrest then. He launched OFN, then called Operation Feed the Nation, little did we know that it was a sample of what we were to seelater as Obasanjo Farms Nigeria ( OFN). While Operation Feed the Nation failed, Obasanjo Farms Nigeria did not. It has branches in Ota, Igbo-Ora, Owiwi, and some other places I cannot remember now. He added a secondary school to the farm project Bell School, one of the most expensive high schools in Nigeria. I learnt he is planning to establsh a University. I wonder what knowledge the university will impart on its students. A president that does not have regards for education, who kept university students at home for over 6 months, now planning to establish a university, we need to check on his Bell school to know the minimum wage there first.

I n his books “My Command” and “Not My Will” he painted himself as the hero of the Civil war. He stated that what some people struggle all their life to get and they didn’t he got it without sweat. He also confirmed that he voted for NPN in the 1979 elections. When he was the Head of State, one of the Yoruba senior officers had gone to him to discuss the need to restructure the military to favour all ethnic nationality, he called Yaradua and Danjuma to the meeting and asked this man to repeat it , the officer a Major-General repeated it, he left but heard of his retirement on the radio on his way home. Why was he chosen as Head of State in 1976? Not because he was the next to Murtala, no, Babangida gave the reason in 1996 or 1997 when Obasanjo was jailed for the 1995 phantom coup. According to Babangida, Obasanjo is a conformist. They see him, someone who can sell his own brother for a plate of porridge, he did in 1979, did in 1993, 1998, 2001, 2003 and 2004.

In 1979, he saw the rigging and closed his eyes, Awolowo lost not at the poll but at the desire of Obasanjo and those who put him there. In 1993 he sold out and supported the annulment of June 12 1993 elections. We all remember that there was a movement he ste then on good governance- Buhari and idiagbon were members, they pulled out after seeing that OBJ supported the annulment and was also talking of new elections and not the de-annulment of the election. This issue caused a rift between him and his childhood friend Onoolapo Soleye, a Sociology lecturer at the University of Ibadan who served as Buhari’s Finance Minister, we still remember the 53 suit cases scandal. Soleye on hearing of the imminent annulment dissgreed with OBJ, the argument heated up that Soleye walked stomed out he got to his before he remembered that he has left his agbada in OBJ’s house. In 1998 Abiola was killed for him to become President. In 2001 December 23, Ajibola Ige was killed. Ige until his death was the Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation, and it is sad that he did not get justice, his killer is not at the National Assembly making laws. In fact he won his election while in jail, unprecedented, it is only in Nigeria, Giant of Africa , in the biggest Political Party in Africa that a murder suspect would be nominated for a position as high as Senator of the Federal republic of Nigeria and the Un-Independent Electoral Commission will clear him. According to Audu Ogbeh he warned them against it. It is sad. And this is what we call democracy. A kind of democracy being administered by robbers, people who stole our mandate through the barrel of gun, made Governors over us stole our money. These are bunch of informal and formal illiterates. What they know about governance his looting of treasury. And in 2004 Ige’s killer was set free.

His recent shameful act at Owu has shown that the man is on a journey of self-destruction. Tunde Bakare came up to speak that Obasanjo was not God sent, he was condemned, but I told people then that they should wait, that God’s time is not our time, it was too early to write off Bakare, I think a lot of people will not see reason in Bakare’s prophecy. Forget about those other pastors fallings on themselves to gain access to the villa. In Old Testament studies, some prphets are categorised as domesticated, they are official prophets, politicians go to them for prophecy to win elections and they bless them. I won’t mention names, but it is unfortunate that we found them in such positions, they see the truth and avoid it because they want recognition. That a country’s president or his wife attends any church’s convention does not make the gathering acceptable before God. God does not respect position. Will Adeboye, Oyedepo, Okonkwo tell the world that Nigeria is okay? What in their own observation works well in Nigeria? Power failure, water failure, crime, insecurity, unemplyment and underemployemnt still persist, under democracy.

They cannot see all that because they are too high to see what those at the lower level are going through. They ride the best cars, have guards, they do not know if there fuel crisis because they wont’ queue at the filling stations, there church workers do all that for them, even if the workers will have to join Molue to church. The poor in Nigeria pay tithes, spent by the Pastors for “GOD.”

Well we shall come back to the religious leaders later.

Now the President of Nigeria doubled himself as the head of King makers in his town Owu, someone was picked bythe majority of the kingmakers and just one person said NO! This is the man leading Nigeria to the promise land! Sad! Pathetic! What does he know about democracy?

Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida- After the coup that brought in Aguiyi Ironsi in 1966, a group of young Northern military officers decided to embark on ethnic cleansing, because they believe the earlier coup was Igbo concentrated as a result tyey want to avenge the killing of their ancestors. This led to the killing of Aguiyi Ironsi in Ibadan and Adekunle Fajuyi who was the Governor of the Western Region and host of Aguyi Ironsi was killed with him. This brought in 29 year-old Yakubu Gowon as Head of State, by that time, Gowon was a bachelor, one of the members of the group is Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida who, 19 years later became the first Military President of Nigeria.

Before 1983 not much was known by the Nigerian public about Ibrahim Babangida, even in 1983 when he was made the Chief of Army Staff, not many people still know him. He seemed like and underdog, a new face, but this is not true. Even Buhari and Idiagbon did not know much about him. He played a vital role in the coup that toppled Shagari’s government, this he did with the help of his man who was then the Director of Military Intelligence, Aliyu Mohammed Gusau.

Babangida is an adroit politician, he knows his onions, he knows what he wants and how to get it. He pretends to be used when in actual fact he is using his user.

It was not in the plan to make Babangida the Chief of Army Staff after toppling Shagari, the position was for Bako who was to deliver Shagari, but because Babangida needed the position for his eventual take over of government form Buhari, he manouvered and got it. How did he get it? What did he do to displace Bako? All these I wil lasnwer in the second part of this article.

This article is in series, I cannot finish in one edition, this is what I have been doing since May. Sit back and relax.
Continues.......
http://www.dawodu.com/oduyela6.htm

(1) (Reply)

American Story About A Corrupt Nigerian Governor / Http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2572113-nigerian-born-oluwole-betiku-is-colle / Akwaibom: Tribunal Orders Election Re-run In 18 LGA Udom Emmanuel Remains Gov

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.