Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,868 members, 7,889,905 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:38 AM

Should I Encourage My Church Sister To Go Into Polygamous - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Encourage My Church Sister To Go Into Polygamous (968 Views)

Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times / "Don’t Bring Stolen Money To My Church As Offering!" - Sarah Omakwu / My Church Is Aware I’m Member Of Ogboni Confraternity —ogunfuwa, Remo Chief. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Encourage My Church Sister To Go Into Polygamous by ojuu4u(m): 9:18am On Sep 12, 2015
I am a strict sunday school teacher and my strictness made members cögregation to respect me alot.

There is a sister in my church that is long overdue for marriage, she had been going from north to south seeking the face of the LORD for husband. Even me i have prayed,fasted and councelled her on many occasions.

Recently she entered serious relationship with a "man with 3 wives but confortable enough" Now am in dillema on how to advice her as a teacher that knows doctrine of penticosta church that forbidden polygamous and also a church brother who knew what this lady had gone through in the hands of young single guys.

(deep inside me I know monogamy is strictly meant for deacon, pst, bishop etc acording to bible. 1 tim 3;2 but i dnt want to compromise my church doctrine)
Re: Should I Encourage My Church Sister To Go Into Polygamous by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 12, 2015
kiss
Re: Should I Encourage My Church Sister To Go Into Polygamous by adekoonlay(m): 9:24am On Sep 12, 2015
U better tell her make she no allow rhis train pass her by ooo, polygamy is not a problem as long as the two parties are willing
Re: Should I Encourage My Church Sister To Go Into Polygamous by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 12, 2015
Op if she is comfortable with it then let her go afterall it wouldnt have make any difference assuming the man marry her first and the rest later... Or would u have advise her to divorce the man assuming after getting married to her he went futher to marry seven more wives....

Dnt use your church doctrine to destroy her affair,if anything happens,she might never forgive you.
Re: Should I Encourage My Church Sister To Go Into Polygamous by braine(m): 9:32am On Sep 12, 2015
That's what happens when ladies get older. They usually end up with married men, devorcees or widowers. Let her marry the nan biko.
Re: Should I Encourage My Church Sister To Go Into Polygamous by ojuu4u(m): 9:34am On Sep 12, 2015
U better tell her make she no allow rhis train pass her by ooo, polygamy is not a problem as long as the two parties are willing

inside me i feel as if am talkin frm both sides of the mouth, because my stand on the polyagamous isue wen we taught it 2 months ago. Last week others minister were rebuking her but i silent they also want me to discourage her
Re: Should I Encourage My Church Sister To Go Into Polygamous by ojuu4u(m): 9:42am On Sep 12, 2015
Dnt use your church doctrine to destroy her affair,if anything happens,she might never forgive you.

As if u ar in my mind thas my biggest 'dillema' i dnt want her to see me as obstacle. And am nt a prophet to kn if single guy is stil coming and she knw am a married man already. (Dat am happy but deny her happness)
Re: Should I Encourage My Church Sister To Go Into Polygamous by resocorp: 9:47am On Sep 12, 2015
Better successful and single than polygamy!

1 Like

Re: Should I Encourage My Church Sister To Go Into Polygamous by CaptainJune: 12:32pm On Sep 12, 2015
We Christians easily shout to the hearing of the world that with God all things are possible but our daily lives never reflect our conviction of the power and greatness of God. So unfortunate.

There is no excuse for lies. Tell her the truth. She will be committing a grave sin by getting married to someone already married. I am also of the opinion that the polygamous family are practicing Muslims.

Everything about this lady's decision screams red from the beginning even if the family in question are not Muslims. Her life, her spiritual life, her future, her happiness, her destiny, her children's future and happiness are all at stake in that polygamous setting just simply because she won't wait for God's answer to her prayers for a suitable husband.

Tell her what the Word of God says concerning her decision, the consequences of making that decision and leave her to make her choice. Don't tell her not to get married to the man but give her your thoughts concerning it and let her make her decision. In the end, it is her choice and there's nothing you can do about it.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Encourage My Church Sister To Go Into Polygamous by Goshen360(m): 4:35pm On Sep 12, 2015
CaptainJune:
We Christians easily shout to the hearing of the world that with God all things are possible but our daily lives never reflect our conviction of the power and greatness of God. So unfortunate.

There is no excuse for lies. Tell her the truth. She will be committing a grave sin by getting married to someone already married. I am also of the opinion that the polygamous family are practicing Muslims.

Everything about this lady's decision screams red from the beginning even if the family in question are not Muslims. Her life, her spiritual life, her future, her happiness, her destiny, her children's future and happiness are all at stake in that polygamous setting just simply because she won't wait for God's answer to her prayers for a suitable husband.

Tell her what the Word of God says concerning her decision, the consequences of making that decision and leave her to make her choice. Don't tell her not to get married to the man but give her your thoughts concerning it and let her make her decision. In the end, it is her choice and there's nothing you can do about it.

Endorsed
Re: Should I Encourage My Church Sister To Go Into Polygamous by Paulscholari(m): 8:02pm On Sep 12, 2015
A man that marries 3 wives already and still looks for another wife don't sound like a Christian to me and the scripture says we shouldn't be unequally yoked with unbelievers, am not saying the guy is An unbeliever but seriously this issue needs to be spread at the table of the Lord for deep enquiry and more Revelations... That's why ladies too needs to be thoughtful and smart, when you see you are getting old, older than a good marital Age you need to make yourself available, my pastor once said something, he said if they didn't call you, call them(men) make friends with them disturb them, let them know you need them, look good and pray. It's a man that can Marry at any time of his life either at 20yrs 30yrs 40yrs 50yrs and so on a lady can't. If as a guy am marrying for the first time even at age 40 or 35 you can't expect me to marry a lady of the same age, the highest age of the lady will have to be in her late twenties, ladies smart up, you can do your shakara at a tender marital age but not when you are ageing quickly.

My Sunday school teacher, advice her in the right way and tell her to inquire well from God, although it looks like a breakthrough point but I pray that it won't be her "breaking" point.
Re: Should I Encourage My Church Sister To Go Into Polygamous by Goshen360(m): 8:12pm On Sep 12, 2015
Paulscholari:

That's why ladies too needs to be thoughtful and smart, when you see you are getting old, older than a good marital Age you need to make yourself available, my pastor once said something, he said if they didn't call you, call them(men) make friends with them disturb them, let them know you need them, look good and pray.

Got me .... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should I Encourage My Church Sister To Go Into Polygamous by dsquare33: 8:56pm On Sep 12, 2015
7929438] I am a strict sunday school teacher and my strictness made members cögregation to respect me alot.

There is a sister in my church that is long overdue for marriage, she had been going from north to south seeking the face of the LORD for husband. Even me i have prayed,fasted and councelled her on many occasions.

Recently she entered serious relationship with a "man with 3 wives but confortable enough" Now am in dillema on how to advice her as a teacher that knows doctrine of penticosta church that forbidden polygamous and also a church brother who knew what this lady had gone through in the hands of young single guys.

(deep inside me I know monogamy is strictly meant for deacon, pst, bishop etc acording to bible. 1 tim 3;2 but i dnt want to compromise my church doctrine) [/quote] Oga, monogamy is not meant only for deacon,pst,bishop,etc it is meant for every christian.Back to the matter,the lady should not just go into polygamy it can be disastrous for her in the future.Go and ask those who are in it they are groaning and they don't know how to get out of it.
Re: Should I Encourage My Church Sister To Go Into Polygamous by PastorOluT(m): 9:02pm On Sep 12, 2015
ojuu4u:

As if u ar in my mind thas my biggest 'dillema' i dnt want her to see me as obstacle. And am nt a prophet to kn if single guy is stil coming and she knw am a married man already. (Dat am happy but deny her happness)

With this ur post u being a teacher in the church I can clearly see why d sister is in such position, and also I will want to believe she aint the only one in such (confused) situation in the church.

NB I think the greatest problem in the church today is people given what they dont have n we wonder why we dont see true change in the lives of the members. Until we all come to know the father personally, head knowledge of His will will never sufffice.
Re: Should I Encourage My Church Sister To Go Into Polygamous by just4now(m): 9:10pm On Sep 12, 2015
Honestly, believers sometime do not fully grasp what Christianity entails thereby we run our races mechanically. Christianity is a way of life and that life is spiritual life as such we are expected to live spiritual life. With this understanding, if you truly have concerns for this sister you should seek answer from God on what she should do. Often we erred by judging every case on a single platform (doctrine) without recourse to Divine instructions this should not be the case with those who are led by Holy Spirit. Please if you do not receive from the Holy Spirit on how to advice her, l counsel you completely abstain and restrain yourself less you stand judged before God for your inputs and utterances. Church doctrine is not supreme to being led by the Holy Spirit as final authority. At the same time, l concur that advising a born again sister to marry into polygamy is a dangerous abysmal venture. By the way what is importance and benefits of marriage in comparison to salvation of human soul you may be advising her to hell without realizing it. l perceive this is a test for this sister her miracle might be around the corner she should hold on a bit I sense God's best is around corner. Above all ask the Holy Spirit what she should do. He knows best.

Happy Lord's Day!
Re: Should I Encourage My Church Sister To Go Into Polygamous by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 12, 2015
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven" (Ecclesiastes 3:1).

When you miss your season in life, you become a spiritual construction site to your pastor, a newsworthy joke to your haters and a well of tears to your loved ones.

Once a girl clocks 20 years and has made some progress in formal or informal education, I wonder why she wouldn't take a serious marriage proposal seriously.

A perfect time hardly comes twice!

JESUS is LORD!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Encourage My Church Sister To Go Into Polygamous by ojuu4u(m): 10:45pm On Sep 12, 2015
[quote author=PastorOsamede post=37950380]"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven" (Ecclesiastes 3:1).

When you miss your season in life, you become a spiritual construction site to your pastor, a newsworthy joke to your haters and a well of tears to your loved ones.

Once a girl clocks 20 years and has made some progress in formal or informal education, I wonder why she wouldn't take a serious marriage proposal seriously.

A perfect time hardly comes twice!

JESUS is LORD

i guess its not all your dreams u had in ur teen age that had come to fulfilment..... I stand to be corrected, its not all those that are seeking 4 the face of GOD frm 1 tin or the other that have wasted their youthful age. beliva had been seeking 4 wise councel since d day of christ himself (RABBI AT LEAST U KNW WHAT
IT STAND FOR)
Re: Should I Encourage My Church Sister To Go Into Polygamous by Princewell2012(m): 11:56pm On Sep 12, 2015
Everybody can not work as a pastor. It is only pastors, deacons and bishop were advised not to marry more than one wife. @op if the said lady is desperate in getting married, pls let her marry whosoever she wanted to marry. after all Jesus said to those Jews that there is no marriage, husband and wife in heaven but we shall be like Angel of God.

That woman knows her right. She knows what is good and what is bad. And right now she is desperately in need of a husband.

So even if you tell her not to go, she has already decided in her mind on what to do. quote me anywhere.

Pls allow her to continue.

A man can marry as many wives as possible but a woman can only marry one man.

Her happiness should be your utter most priority don't be too religious about it.

All those shouting born again born again, it is easier said than done.

NOTE THIS, IF SHE WILL BE CONFORTABLE AND SECURE IN THAT MARRIAGE PLS LET HER REMAIN THERE. AFTER ALL THAT'S WHAT WE ALL NEED IN MARRIAGE.

God does not have problem with Solomon marrying many women, but he has problem with him when his wife began to mislead him into idolatry.

That's what i have for you.
Re: Should I Encourage My Church Sister To Go Into Polygamous by Paulscholari(m): 4:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
Goshen360:

Got me .... grin grin grin grin grin
yes oh brother grin grin
Re: Should I Encourage My Church Sister To Go Into Polygamous by PRINCESSO2: 5:38pm On Sep 13, 2015
Matthew 19 -3The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?

4And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

5And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh

6Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
9And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

(1) (Reply)

September 23/24 / Fact Or Fiction:the World Comes To An End On Sunday / How Did You Become A Christian ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.