Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,675 members, 7,951,829 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 03:21 AM

Please Help As Bvn Registration Deadline Approaches - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Help As Bvn Registration Deadline Approaches (808 Views)

Naira Drops, As BVN Paralyses Forex Market / Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. / Important Info On Bvn Registration!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help As Bvn Registration Deadline Approaches by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 12, 2015
Ever since the issue of Bank Verification Number began,many Nigerians home and abroad have been dabbling with the issue of lost temporal bank Identity numbers issued by the banks. Most times customers are kept stranded and prevented from having access to their account even when the banks have failed to make permanent BVN available. As October 31st deadline for the Bank Registration Number approaches, many customers will lose their hard earned money to the bank as mandated by the CBN.
One Mrs Yewande, whom I spoke with inside one of the Diamond Bank in Ilupeju Lagos, expressed her grievances especially the way commercial banks in Nigeria are frustrating customers in the name of BVN as directed by CBN.
According to her, she said Diamond BVN agents could not send her BVN pin within that three days period but unfortunately for her she lost the temporal one which could have helped in tracking her data. She said, because of the inability of the bank to track her BVN pin coupled with refusal to allow her withdraw money from the counter demoralized her. As a result of this ugly development, she has to re-register, because the bank said may be the date of birth given at the first instance contradict the later one or does not exist at all. Now because of fear of losing her salary account and money with the bank as CBN deadline seriously approaches, what can she do to recover her whole money, especially now commercial banks will use this advantage to siphon enormous money which may not be only her alone but to other innocent Nigerians.
Re: Please Help As Bvn Registration Deadline Approaches by toniro(m): 10:10am On Sep 12, 2015
Simple. Let me open another acct possibly with another bank lik a saving account. Now she must ensure that you use the same information or data lik d one at diamond bank. Of course there must be a valid id card*( intl passport, driver licence, voter card or national id card)*. With this new account, a bvn registration is done and d bvn nos or code is taken to any diamond bank branch. Which will be I inputted into d salary account.

I believe this will do! Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Please Help As Bvn Registration Deadline Approaches by Ejike3: 4:48pm On Oct 22, 2015
I have exactly the same issue with BVN registration that I did at UBA. They convinced me to register again at another branch which I did. Now I hv registered in two other banks, GTB and First bank yet no BVN number. The UBA could not trace my original data. I have transfered all my savings to another account owned by a relation but my salary account is endangered.
Re: Please Help As Bvn Registration Deadline Approaches by Ejike3: 4:54pm On Oct 22, 2015
I have seen people with this issue, but non conplained on this forum. The bankers could not provide solution to this problem. If you have ever solved this issue, please let us know. We have just one week to go.
Re: Please Help As Bvn Registration Deadline Approaches by toniro(m): 6:49am On Oct 24, 2015
Ejike3:
I have seen people with this issue, but non conplained on this forum. The bankers could not provide solution to this problem. If you have ever solved this issue, please let us know. We have just one week to go.

@Ejike: pls allow me to ask; did you use the same name to open this different accounts? I mean. The account name are there the same? Your respond will be needed before I can proceed. Thank you
Re: Please Help As Bvn Registration Deadline Approaches by Ejike3: 12:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
toniro:

@Ejike: pls allow me to ask; did you use the same name to open this different accounts? I mean. The account name are there the same? Your respond will be needed before I can proceed. Thank you
Yes, same name and phone number. Sending *565*0# with my phone returned a message that my number was not enrolled for BVN too.

I wish the moderator could send this to the FP for more people to narrate their own experiences.

Cc lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help / CBN Stops Forex Sale To BDCs / I've Been Looking Into Exporting Food Stuff From Nigeria To UK, Or Any Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.