Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,954 members, 7,873,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:21 AM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (392564 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by kuyubi(m): 11:56pm On May 10, 2017
Bolabell:

So very true. You have given many of us something to think about. Thank you for sharing.

That client though..how rude!

Wishing you success in all your future endeavours.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by bemagnify: 4:22am On May 11, 2017
Please I need someone to rewrite 2 page law assignment paper for me..

I will provide you with the paper, then you rewrite it in your own words. Interested contact me on my signature.

Job duration : less than 24 hours

Pay : 2k
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by justi4jesu(f): 6:33am On May 11, 2017
Bring your PAYONEER FUNDS, BITCOIN, FIVERR PAYPAL WITHDRAWAL with instant funding of Naira etc.

Payoneer 350/$

Fiverr withdrawal 330/$

Contact on my Signature. Tested and Trusted
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by kaycodes: 9:17am On May 11, 2017
kuyubi:

HI Bolabell,

I understand why the alarm bells. I also hear that "do no free work from the pros".
But these guys are "pros". We are "not" pros yet. They give tips relative to them. I know few guys who even pay for tips from "pros" and they are nowhere yet. Truth is not the same technique works for everyone. There is this Manny guy who markets himself as being the guru of upwork. Problem is his techniques bothers around being arrogant and forceful. People pay $400 for his course. The issue is that while this technique might work for a few client, a lot others will just skip you. I have read clients complaining how rude a freelancer was even while having mediocre skills. Not giving free work will work, definitely, i agree. But I found it helped me tho. There are just too much freelancers competing for little jobs.
I also noticed that clients view freelancers differently. I mean your face and nationality. Most pros will tell you that bid high on a project and the client will take you serious and might hire you. Well that works well for everyone except Indians, Pakistanis, and Africans (Nigerians). They believe that $100 is a big deal to us so they value us that range and below. Not every time, but in most cases (stories from fellow upworkers and myself).
Someone from Ukraine will ask for $300, You are asking for $200. They will rather take him or keep looking. If they really like you the will ask for a reduced rate, probably $100, before you get the job. I do not really blame them because Nigerians and Indians do not have a good reputation in the freelance community.
Do not get me wrong I do not apply to jobs posted by Indians (I use to last year but noticed their jobs never go through. They don't end up hiring anyone). Same vibe I get from their(indians) post is same vibe others get from my proposal when the see my raking and designs. They say if it is too good to be true then it is, and move on to the next freelancer. I understand tho.
You might be one of those very few Nigerians making over $60,000 on upwork tho. My point is different tides for everyone.

So knowing there are so many odds we have to make the rules as we go. The general rule does not always apply to us.

Thank you for your insights this will help a lot of newbies on upwork. From my experience you need to keep applying and keep improving your proposal strategies. Different niches will have different strategies.

To all new folks, never give up, it may be hard and frustrating but you will get your first gig if you keep trying and improving. Its only a matter of time before someone looks your way and that will open the doors to bigger projects.

Make sure you define your skills, clients only see the first few lines of your profile description, so make that interesting enough for them to want to click more.

3 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by eben123(m): 10:02am On May 11, 2017
I can help you get a US card that you can use to shop on foreign sites without limit..you can also withdraw from ATM with this card and you can also withdraw your earnings from fiverr and other freelancing websites with it.all for a token.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Fingerprinter(m): 2:25pm On May 11, 2017
eben123:
I can help you get a US card that you can use to shop on foreign sites without limit..you can also withdraw from ATM with this card and you can also withdraw your earnings from fiverr and other freelancing websites with it.all for a token..
whatsapp 08171050192

Is this your 'secret' card not payoneer?

6 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by kkevin: 4:36pm On May 11, 2017
4 USA Review Available

Call or Whatsapp
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by didymario7(m): 11:03am On May 12, 2017
didymario7:
ALL NEW CUSTOMERS RECEIVE A BONUS cheesy cheesy cool grin grin

I buy payoneer as high as N360 per $. Instant payment guaranteed!

See contact on my signature.

Warm Regards
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 11:30am On May 12, 2017
If you are available for an Engineering project (Academic Writing), please contact this number on WhatsApp or just Call/sms. Zero 8 Zero 8 148 537 nine.

Thank You.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by justi4jesu(f): 6:04pm On May 12, 2017
Bring your PAYONEER FUNDS, BITCOIN, FIVERR PAYPAL WITHDRAWAL with instant funding of Naira etc.

Payoneer 350/$

Fiverr withdrawal 340/$

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by justi4jesu(f): 6:21pm On May 12, 2017
Buying PAYONEER FUNDS, BITCOIN, FIVERR PAYPAL WITHDRAWAL with instant funding of Naira etc.

Payoneer 350/$

Fiverr withdrawal 330/$

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by emmaversity(m): 11:53pm On May 12, 2017
Hello freelancers,
This applies to those in the area of data science and analytics.
If you have a passion for:.
- data entry
- data visualization l dashboard l pivot table
- data analysis ( statistical analysis)
- data mining l scraping l cleaning l crawling etc

If you are conversant with :
- Ms excel VBA l Google spreadsheet and scripting etc
- SPSS l SAS l Eviews l Minitab
- Python l R etc

If you are passionate about:
- Questionnaire/ Survey analysis.
- Market research and analysis
- Analyzing business data
- building and analyzing multivariate econometric model ( regression, co- integration, ECM, VECM, VAR. Granger causality, etc) etc.

Forward your proposal to emmaversity@yahoo.com with details of your:

- Qualifications
- work experience
- samples of your previous work
- Area of Strength in the field data Science/analytics
- E-mail l WhatsApp

If you don't have all (but some ) of this criteria, you can still apply, provided you can proof your
Skill. Please fill and attach to your proposal the excel spreadsheet in the link

Thanks.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by justi4jesu(f): 5:55am On May 13, 2017
Exchanging PAYONEER FUNDS, BITCOIN, FIVERR PAYPAL WITHDRAWAL with instant funding of Naira etc.

Payoneer 350/$

Fiverr withdrawal 340/$

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by uncleshege(m): 7:42am On May 13, 2017
Currently buying the following:

Payoneer and Skrill @ ₦350 - ₦365

Paypal Fiver Withdrawal @ ₦330 - ₦355

Paypal FnF @ ₦340 - ₦360

Contact on my signature...
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by hiremyminivan: 10:15am On May 13, 2017
hiremyminivan:
This is going to be short:

1. Can you write?
2. Have you written research papers on psychology?
3. Got a sample research paper on psychology?
4. Can you do a 750 to 1,000 word sample on a topic I assign to you so I can gauge your ability to take on a serious research paper in this field? I will pay for this sample if I approve of it!

Then shoot me an email: my nairaland username at gmail dot come

Thanks

I want to publicly say a big thank you to a guy whose name I do not have permission to mention, but whose first name ends with the alphabet H.

He responded to the above post.

I gave him a title.

I asked for 750 to 1,000 words excluding the title page, abstract and references.

This guy wrote almost 2,500 words!

That level of dedication and drive set him apart. It just cannot go unrewarded and so officially, he has become the first member of my writing team courtesy of my outreach on nairaland.

There is a reason why I have straight 5.0 stars (which I do not pay for by the way but have earned) and I can see the same traits in this guy.
Is it any wonder then that he got way-way upset when it took me a while to respond to his email with his finished work in response to my test?

To demonstrate the level of his pain, he quoted my post in which I subtly bragged that those whom I have interacted with can defend my integrity and concluded with the scathing remarks:

"You have all the time in the world to reply on nairaland but you don't have the time to give me feedback after doing a very tedious job for you. Well done."

Needless to say, in a series of emails, I apologized to him profusely explaining that due to some error of judgment/time management on my part, I was running late completing an important delivery (important in the sense that this was a test job for a couple of hundreds of dollars to test my competence, quality, and efficiency and which if I passed would open the gates for a deal worth a few thousands of dollars) and so I did not have time for emails.

I promised a response within 24 hours, but it took me 48 hours to get back to him since I had to recover from 5 straight days of running 16 hours activity per day non-stop.

This guy won himself a place in my heart and that is going to earn him several entries in the debit section of my accounts going forward.

There is no way I would on the one hand speak strongly against attempts to defraud Fiverr by asking for payments outside the platform (when without Fiverr you would not have met those clients of yours, and given their massive investments in infrastructure, people, and services to keep the platform up and running) on the one hand, and on the other hand, be totally cool with defrauding someone who toiled hard and long to demonstrate to me competence beyond measure.

Please reply your email, I know we can do great things together!
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by PrinceMario(m): 4:31am On May 14, 2017
Hello house, I created an account with freelancer.com and won my first bid yesterday. The client has told me he has uploaded a file for me to get the job done but I can't see those files.
Please how do I go about this as I have just a day to get the job completed.
Thanks.

Cc: Victor101
Stagger
Twosquare
Aje33
Justi4jesu
G12
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by twosquare(m): 4:06pm On May 14, 2017
PrinceMario:
Hello house, I created an account with freelancer.com and won my first bid yesterday. The client has told me he has uploaded a file for me to get the job done but I can't see those files.
Please how do I go about this as I have just a day to get the job completed.
Thanks.

Well, sorry for the late reply, I don't know the type of file, and also the niche you are, but it shouldn't be hard to locate if your client truly uploaded it. Go back to the job posting to see if there is an attached file there. If there isn't, ensure you check your conversation or ask him to re upload it and send it via inbox. Please, before downloading anything via these job boards, ensure you copy the link and check it on [url]virustotal.com[/url] so as to avoid virus and monitoring softwares (phishing).
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Onelovetayz(m): 7:22pm On May 14, 2017
emmaversity:
Hello freelancers,
- data entry

- Python l R etc

- building and analyzing multivariate econometric model ( regression, co- integration, ECM, VECM, VAR. Granger causality, etc) etc.

- Qualifications
- work experience
- E-mail l WhatsApp

If you don't have all (but some ) of this criteria, you can still apply, provided you can proof your
Skill. Please fill and attach to your proposal the excel spreadsheet in the link

Thanks.

Hi,
I'm interested, but I can't see the link you are referring to. Better still, can I still use the email to apply?

Thanks
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by emmaversity(m): 9:58pm On May 14, 2017
Hello freelancers,
- data entry

- Python l R etc

- Qualifications
- work experience
- E-mail l WhatsApp

Skill. Please fill and attach to your proposal the excel spreadsheet attached below.

Thanks.

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by emmaversity(m): 10:09pm On May 14, 2017
Onelovetayz:

Hi,
I'm interested, but I can't see the link you are referring to. Better still, can I still use the email to apply?

Thanks

Yes the email is also ok. But I have modified the post you can click on the data analysis xls file to fill in your details.

Thanks.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by PrinceMario(m): 11:52pm On May 14, 2017
twosquare:
Well, sorry for the late reply, I don't know the type of file, and also the niche you are, but it shouldn't be hard to locate if your client truly uploaded it. Go back to the job posting to see if there is an attached file there. If there isn't, ensure you check your conversation or ask him to re upload it and send it via inbox. Please, before downloading anything via these job boards, ensure you copy the link and check it on [url]virustotal.com[/url] so as to avoid virus and monitoring softwares (phishing).
Thanks bro. I really appreciate.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by PrinceMario(m): 7:10am On May 15, 2017
twosquare:
I am done with the job. What next?
Send back to him before payment is made?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by 3RNEST(m): 9:05am On May 15, 2017
Upwork withdrawal, what's the way out? undecided
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by twosquare(m): 1:16pm On May 15, 2017
PrinceMario:
I am done with the job. What next?
Send back to him before payment is made?
deliver the job and ask him/her to release milestones...then he/she should not forget to rate 5 stars.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by PrinceMario(m): 2:37pm On May 15, 2017
twosquare:
deliver the job and ask him/her to release milestones...then he/she should not forget to rate 5 stars.
Thanks Boss.

God bless.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Onelovetayz(m): 7:57pm On May 15, 2017
emmaversity:

Yes the email is also ok. But I have modified the post you can click on the data analysis xls file to fill in your details.

Thanks.

OK, thanks.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Gbengard(m): 11:01pm On May 15, 2017
Who can help me with the link to download 'resumemaker professional deluxe 18 crack' or any related resume software?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tolajay: 7:43am On May 16, 2017
Hello Fam,

I'm currently delivering a gig with 5 milestones.

Can the client review at each completed milestone or the review will only be done once at the end of the project?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 8:59am On May 16, 2017
Is anyone else having issues withdrawing from upwork? The site has been unstable since yesterday.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by stagger: 9:23am On May 16, 2017
ophidiophobic:
Is anyone else having issues withdrawing from upwork? The site has been unstable since yesterday.

I withdrew yesterday, but the site has been under maintenance. It should be going now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (190) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.