Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,978 members, 7,873,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:39 AM

'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students (65356 Views)

Corpers Will No Longer Suffer In Lagos Again. / Review Allowance, Include Insurance Cover- NYSC Tells INEC / You’ll Soon Be Called, NYSC Tells Stream II ‘corps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by chax100(f): 8:02am On Sep 13, 2015
Replace NYSC with a compulsory 1 year military training.

2 Likes

Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by Memyselfu2009(m): 8:06am On Sep 13, 2015
accept it or not.. NYSC is a scheme that foster peace and unity among various ethnic group... NYSC is one of the program that is maintaining peace in these country.... scraping it will render so many unemployment and also threatened the co-existence of various ethnic. NYSC can only be modified by inspiring graduate to do meaningful develop and bring a change in their host community

2 Likes

Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by emmyblackky(m): 8:16am On Sep 13, 2015
Scrap it
Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by cooltony09: 8:17am On Sep 13, 2015
sugarvallly:
scrap u useless marafucking thing.
I can't wait to pass out April 4th.
have wasted five months already,and its still counting
Scrap it? Yet you dey pose with the uniform undecided...I'm sure una go keep dat uniform forever

1 Like

Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by damton(m): 8:21am On Sep 13, 2015
noordean:
and who are to teach fine art in schools?
Education is a professional field.Just because you qualified as a graduate doesn't make u a good teacher

1 Like

Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by butanep(m): 8:24am On Sep 13, 2015
NYSC is overhyped. The program is a total waste of one year. it should be re-structured to a skills acquisition or entrepreneurship scheme or should be scraped.

NYSC also contribute to the high rate of unemployment among graduates. It's a one year of little or no impact on the lives of most graduates.

The people benefiting from the NYSC are the politicians and contractions not the graduate. They keep feeding on the pressure and sweat of corp members. Only about 10 to 15% of corp members benefit from the scheme.

Sometimes the scheme declined your thinking faculty and change your kind of lifestyle. I can boldly tell you that 70% of corps members are just enduring the unproductive nature of the scheme. After the first 3month, the remaining months becomes almost a waste of time.

Thank God I never stay permanently in that remote village in kwara state. My service would have been useless and unproductive. All what I achieve during my service year was not in the region or location I served. I was a mobile corper and it really helped me.

In summary: NYSC is a waste of one year. It should be re-structured to a skill or entrepreneurship program or be scrapped. The money invested in the scheme is just too much not to produce tangible results.

3 Likes

Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by laitsy: 8:27am On Sep 13, 2015
It is a good move
Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by loomer: 8:31am On Sep 13, 2015
walearoy:

SCRAP IT

Waste of my 1yr 2011/2012. Batch A

@ Wealthyone I was a full time student with one of the best universities in nigeria (over rated)

Chai na the same boat been carry us, plus say dem for even kill man for election wahala.
Thank God for life

1 Like

Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by olas24u(f): 8:32am On Sep 13, 2015
Wealthyone:
To those screaming 'scrap it', I believe u guys were/are part-time students. The scheme only needs modification, it's more helpful than harmful.

The program is outdated and Nigerians are more divided than before .Integration planning dont run that way anymore.Nigerians should be encouraged to marry from different tribes and learn more Nigerian languages,exchange programs between universities.
Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by laitsy: 8:39am On Sep 13, 2015
That is the fact, waste of time just to keep unemployed graduate to avoid violence against government.
Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by noordean(m): 8:40am On Sep 13, 2015
damton:
Education is a professional field.Just because you qualified as a graduate doesn't make u a good teacher
Is there a course like ''fine art education''? If yes,then there graduates should be deployed for the job. But if no, i will ask again: who are to teach fine art in schools?
And you should also know that every graduate can not be posted to ministries and private organizations.
Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by FANE4Naija: 8:47am On Sep 13, 2015
sugarvallly:
Ehen? Eziokwu?
But you are serving naa. You don't want others to? Aunty, are you wicked or just concerned about the wellbeing of others?
The marafucking thing is what you re proud to take pictures in uniform and use as ur profile pic. Oshey!
Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by olas24u(f): 8:48am On Sep 13, 2015
FANE4Naija:

Ehen? Eziokwu?
But you are serving naa. You don't want others to? Aunty, are you wicked or just concerned about the wellbeing of others?
The marafucking thing is what you re proud to take pictures in uniform and use as ur profile pic. Oshey!

Have you ever thought of the contractors sewing that uniform every year?
Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by toprealman: 8:54am On Sep 13, 2015
sugarvallly:
scrap the useless 'thing'...
I can't wait to pass...
I've wasted five months already,and its still counting
YOU ARE NOT ALONE MADAM. >90% OF CORP MEMBERS FEEL THE SAME WAY. I AM PROUD TO SAY THAT MANY YEARS AGO WHEN I SERVED, I ENJOYED EVERY SINGLE SEC. I WISH I HAD THE INFO I HAVE NOW. WOULD HAVE ADDED MORE VALUE TO YOURS TRULY. PLEASE MY DEAR AND TO OTHER SERVING GRADUATES, BE OPEN MINDED, ASK QUESTIONS, COME DOWN FROM YOUR HIGH HORSES...PUT ON YOUR THINKING CAP. I HOPE THEY REPACKAGE THE WHOLE THINGY THOUGH BECAUSE ONLY <5% BENEFIT FROM THE SCHEME. THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT YOU CAN BE AMONG THEM.

2 Likes

Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by olalekan1(m): 8:58am On Sep 13, 2015
My own one year service wasnt a waste of time because it was during that one year I laid foundation for my NGO, received my first significant award. The CDS of NYSC is the key important feature of it. God bless NYSC and God bless Nigeria.
Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by Lateefah06: 8:58am On Sep 13, 2015
goshen26:
Can't wait for October 15th to leave this bushy,.underdeveloped, marafucking village called urhonigbe of Edo state. No light, bad network to browse, cultism as the order of the day.
I wish they can move d date forward sef, it wee b nice celebrating it with Oct 1st grin
Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 13, 2015
sugarvallly:
scrap u useless marafucking thing. I can't wait to pass out April 4th. have wasted five months already,and its still counting
Sexy Corper.

1 Like

Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by FANE4Naija: 9:11am On Sep 13, 2015
olas24u:

Have you ever taught of the contractors sewing that uniform every year?
My dear, any one that went to a uni should know that Nigeria is a mixed(almost a free market economy) - so as for the contractors, they are free to make as much money as they want from the scheme.
BTW, it is 'Thought' nor 'taught'. Cheers.
Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by 400billionman: 9:20am On Sep 13, 2015
sugarvallly:

NYSC is one year of idleness..

Enjoy it
Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by xammyx(m): 9:26am On Sep 13, 2015
sugarvallly:

And yet again u posed with maraf###ing thing uniform as ur Nairaland pix. Is it not hypocrisy of d highest order. lipsrsealed undecided
If u cant be humble to serve for just one year. How can u serve when u are employed ?
I fell sad when I read such comments.
Bleep
Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by benedicts(m): 9:32am On Sep 13, 2015
[size=15pt]what a pity, it is only those who don't have any good service and intensions to offer their community that will shout scrap. It.
If you have the mindset of helping younger ones or impacting a community, you will not shout SCRAP IT.
If. You ever think of what you will be remembered for after. That one year, giving a service that will benefit the lives of. People who are less priviledge to be up to who you are, you won't shout SCRAP IT
Positive minded people will not shout SCRAP IT
This. Scheme is an avenue to help others without expecting a THANK YOU back [/size]

1 Like

Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 13, 2015
I won't say scrap it but they should make it voluntary.
I had one of the best experience during my nysc in a very very remote village in kaltungo , Gombe state. I went with an open mind. Enjoyed the village life devoid of traffic. Learnt basic Hausa and tangale language as i integrated well with the locales . Also learnt beans storage and goat business. I made my first major savings in life.

I made friends there that will last me a life time. The other day some of the locales came to anambra for a party ( political), they called and wanted to see me, but I didn't want to see them for some personal reasons. They call and know my progress from time to time.

The first job I had after nysc was made possible by a friend I met during nysc. She gave me the info of the coy . we went for the exams and interview together and I was taken. Though she wasnt recruited same time with me, she later joined the company years later and now heads the recruitment and logistics arm in the entire south east region.

Some of my friends that work in communication coys and earn as much as 22m today started out by serving in a communication coy. Though they were not retained, they joined another comm coy and later went back to same coy and have been increasing their knowledge and dictating their pay.

If you are lucky to serve in a good coy, it adds so much to your CV and helps in your interview stage.you won't just be like any other entry candidate.

If the hands of time are rolled back, I will still serve again.
Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 13, 2015
it is time to end the program.
Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by SMREXY(m): 10:06am On Sep 13, 2015
sugarvallly:
Your profile pix says it all... Just try to enjoy every bit of it while it last.
You will miss the experience one day!

2 Likes

Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by saintaustine(m): 10:16am On Sep 13, 2015
I can see that most people want it scraped. But do you remember ( to those that has served). you were so eager to go for service, put on that khaki and parade yourself on the street as corpers, to the envy of others.
Now, some of us want it scraped to deny others the prestige of wearing that khaki. ehmm.
LIFE IS NOT FAIR.

3 Likes

Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 13, 2015
sugarvallly:
why? Are u not enjoying it.
Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by ScorchedViper(m): 10:19am On Sep 13, 2015
If someone starts a petition calling for NYSC ban.... I'll be more than happy to sign it....
Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by Abdul4success(m): 10:25am On Sep 13, 2015
NYSC! what an experience?
Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by xammyx(m): 10:29am On Sep 13, 2015
cooltony09:

Scrap it? Yet you dey pose with the uniform undecided...I'm sure una go keep dat uniform forever
Well said. Am confused myself.
Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by fritiyo: 10:37am On Sep 13, 2015
mayor20:
The most memorable experience I had during Nysc days was NCCF.

na so my bro. we love this family of God.

1 Like

Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by sugarvallly(f): 11:18am On Sep 13, 2015
timbs001:

You sure?
The way you dey take smile for that your profile pic in NYSC outfit, One wouldn't doubt it that you are enjoying your service year.

my dear, am not near enjoying. tired already
Re: 'We Are No Longer Foolish', NYSC Tells Students by kaycodes: 11:25am On Sep 13, 2015
I would love to school some prospective corp members about what to expect and all but I can't on this device, maybe when i hop on my laptop.

The relevance of NYSC will be lost when you forget the word SERVICE, which happens to be what the scheme is all about.

I understand the frustrations, I get the anger, but sorry to say, if your time in NYSC is a waste, it's your fault.

1. NYSC is not compulsory, just refuse to go, it's not a criminal offense to turn it down. A friend refused to serve, it has not stopped him from making it in the IT industry.

2. Apart from areas with security challenges, you should be able to make something out of that one year.

Something as simple as learning another culture will help broaden your thinking scope, enjoying your time with the community is more important than making money.

3. Knowledge acquired during that one year has continuously put money in my bank account.

It's up to you how you spend that one year, but if you end up wasting it, then it's your fault and not that of the FG. Youths need to start taking responsibiity for their time, try seeing the cup as half filled everything is all about perspective.

Finally remember it's not the same way you see traffic that the gala or Lacasera seller sees it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Corper Shares Pictures Of Her Farm At Her PPA – Eucharia Jenny / Delta Corper Survives Lassa Fever, Passes Out (Photo) / Big And Bold Female Corper In Her NYSC Khaki (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.