Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,822 members, 7,876,114 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 10:03 AM

When Will Nigerian Strikers Begin To Score Such Goals Like Adebayor's? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / When Will Nigerian Strikers Begin To Score Such Goals Like Adebayor's? (1224 Views)

The Expensive Cars Asamoah Gyan And Adebayor Drove To Kumasi / Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) / I Never Knew Mikel Could Score Goals - Mourinho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will Nigerian Strikers Begin To Score Such Goals Like Adebayor's? by ilaugh1: 7:40am On Apr 08, 2009
Who in Nigeria scores these kinds of goals?

Re: When Will Nigerian Strikers Begin To Score Such Goals Like Adebayor's? by Jarus(m): 9:35am On Apr 08, 2009
This was exactly what came to my mind when I saw the goal. What a wonder strike!!! No, this Adebayor is not a fluke as I used to believe before. Sank Cameroun last week, sank Man City weekend and now another super strike. Forget about missing begging chances, this guy deserves some respect.
But another thing that came to my mind: Why is it that Naija's lost players are the one doing this (I'm convinced Eto'o also has Nigerian origin, ditto for Muntari)?
Re: When Will Nigerian Strikers Begin To Score Such Goals Like Adebayor's? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:17pm On Apr 10, 2009
Whe they start learning not to allow pride get into their big heads, then they will start
scoring such wonderful goals.
Re: When Will Nigerian Strikers Begin To Score Such Goals Like Adebayor's? by chrisical(m): 4:27pm On Apr 10, 2009
It's only a regular goalscorer that can think of scoring acrobatic goals.No nigerian league striker can boost of even 12 goals in a full season let alone attempting acrobatics in scoring
Re: When Will Nigerian Strikers Begin To Score Such Goals Like Adebayor's? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2009
most of them are too old to begin with. Lying is not always the best policy.
Re: When Will Nigerian Strikers Begin To Score Such Goals Like Adebayor's? by tosinaded(m): 5:46pm On Apr 10, 2009
rubbish!!!!!
such goals are scored once in a career!!!!
with all the goals henry scored for arsenal he cant boast of such a goal!!!!

you can see the goal here
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-260213.0.html
Re: When Will Nigerian Strikers Begin To Score Such Goals Like Adebayor's? by bollingjoe(m): 5:59pm On Apr 10, 2009
Nigerian strikers wil start 2 score like adebayor wen they stop falsifyin their ages
Re: When Will Nigerian Strikers Begin To Score Such Goals Like Adebayor's? by GeorgeD1(m): 6:12pm On Apr 10, 2009
@bollingjoe,
True talk my brother!
Re: When Will Nigerian Strikers Begin To Score Such Goals Like Adebayor's? by kayality: 11:19pm On Apr 10, 2009
Nigeria player are useless they are not playing good football for there country
how do u xpect them to play good ball for there team, cant u see how adebayora,etoo,drogba,kalu,essein and other africa players are playing good football for both team and country but nigeria players,u cant see them raising in there teams or playing good for there team how do xpect them to score such a goal, they cant, because they are useless
Re: When Will Nigerian Strikers Begin To Score Such Goals Like Adebayor's? by MrCrackles(m): 11:21pm On Apr 10, 2009
Topic

They will when i stop laughing like TUMFULU!
grin
Re: When Will Nigerian Strikers Begin To Score Such Goals Like Adebayor's? by akinalabi(m): 11:22pm On Apr 10, 2009
Although not consistently, Martins knows how to score
fantastic goals. He's a player I'll call a scorer of great
goals but not a great goal scorer.
Re: When Will Nigerian Strikers Begin To Score Such Goals Like Adebayor's? by lailai2(m): 12:23am On Apr 11, 2009
if i had to pick any nigeria, i'll go for ogbuke
Re: When Will Nigerian Strikers Begin To Score Such Goals Like Adebayor's? by eldee(m): 12:43am On Apr 11, 2009
Before his injury, Yakubu was easily the one of the most consistent striker in the whole of the EPL
In his first season in England, he scored one goal in every two games . . .

His average over three seasons was second only to Henry

And I remember a goal he scored against Man Utd . . . made Ferdinand look shite cheesy
Re: When Will Nigerian Strikers Begin To Score Such Goals Like Adebayor's? by kaypumpin2(m): 11:03am On Apr 11, 2009
Does acrobatic goals count for double

Let our strikers do the primary job of scoring first,and consistently to boot.

I can't remember Yekini aesthetizing his goals yet we all could not fault him 'cos of his consistency in banging in the goals.

PS:But then if you are a sucker for "goals with beauty",you can check out Martins goal against Bolton at Tyneside this season.I think that was acrobatic enough. cool
Re: When Will Nigerian Strikers Begin To Score Such Goals Like Adebayor's? by A40(m): 12:02pm On Apr 11, 2009
I don't agree with the poster of the topic Nigerian strikers have scored some fantastic goals over the last few years Martins scored an absolute screamer against Tottenham about two seasons ago,Kanu has also scored some good goals

davidylan:

most of them are too old to begin with. Lying is not always the best policy.
Word!!
Re: When Will Nigerian Strikers Begin To Score Such Goals Like Adebayor's? by GeorgeD1(m): 12:21pm On Apr 11, 2009
We are not talking of scoring fantastic goals once in a blue moon. We mean being
consistent. That is the point.
Re: When Will Nigerian Strikers Begin To Score Such Goals Like Adebayor's? by Jarus(m): 12:33pm On Apr 11, 2009
No nigerian league striker can boost of even 12 goals in a full season let alone attempting acrobatics in scoring
Minus Yakubu. Yakubu has never scored below 12 league goals in a full season since he entered EPL.

A-40:

I don't agree with the poster of the topic Nigerian strikers have scored some fantastic goals over the last few years Martins scored an absolute screamer against Tottenham about two seasons ago,Kanu has also scored some good goals
Word!!
Yes. I agree. Martins also score screamers. Kanu and JJ also score great goals.

tosinaded@:

rubbish!!!!!
such goals are scored once in a career!!!!
with all the goals henry scored for arsenal he cant boast of such a goal!!!!
Word, too. It's a once-in-a-career goal. Some analysts are already tipping it to rank with Zidane's goal (Vs Leverkusen) as one of the greatest CL goals ever.
Re: When Will Nigerian Strikers Begin To Score Such Goals Like Adebayor's? by yousouph(m): 12:54pm On Apr 11, 2009
It has been a while that we see few Nigerian players playing for a big club in order to see one scoring a fantastic goal like Adebayor. Although he misses begging chances but he play regularly in a big club. We hardly see a Nigerian player regularly to achieve such feat.
Re: When Will Nigerian Strikers Begin To Score Such Goals Like Adebayor's? by Grizzly(m): 9:32am On Apr 12, 2009
Its a TABOO to compare adebayor's goal to Zidane's. They r not in the same class at all!
Firstly, i think you should ask which of our strikers ply their trades in big clubs which i think is a factor. Look at adebayor for example, fed fat by fabregas and co. Eto by messi, xavi, iniesta et al. So i think that has a part to play. If Martins were to play for arsenal, dont u think he'll bang in much more goals?
Re: When Will Nigerian Strikers Begin To Score Such Goals Like Adebayor's? by Jarus(m): 1:16pm On Apr 12, 2009
Grizzly:

Firstly, i think you should ask which of our strikers ply their trades in big clubs which i think is a factor. Look at adebayor for example, fed fat by fabregas and co. Eto by messi, xavi, iniesta et al. So i think that has a part to play.If Martins were to play for arsenal, dont u think he'll bang in much more goals?
I hate to hear this oft-quoted excuse. If our players are good enough, they will attract big clubs. Kolo Toure was fished out from ASEC and he is now a super star today. C. Ronaldo was from of S.Lisbon. Rooney from Everton. Ronaldo,RVN etc from PSV. Adebayor from Monaco. Secondly, you can still be outstanding in a small club. Eto'o was exceptional in Mallorca. Singlehandedly carried the club in 2003/2004 season; hence the fight for his signature by Madrid(his real owner) and Barca at the end of that season.

So the stark fact is that our players are not good enough to attract interest from big clubs.

Look at Adebayor for example, fed fat by fabregas and co. Eto by messi, xavi, iniesta et al. So i think that has a part to play.If Martins were to play for arsenal, dont u think he'll bang in much more goals? [
I thought you would say Ronaldinho as some peopel used to say before.
The fact is that Eto'o is as important to Barca as Messi. It's mutual. No one is living on another!!!
Re: When Will Nigerian Strikers Begin To Score Such Goals Like Adebayor's? by DrKitaun(m): 7:54pm On Apr 12, 2009
@Grizzly

which Obafemi are u talking about . . .Obafemi Awolowo or that other tout-looking Orile Iganmu boy ? grin grin
Re: When Will Nigerian Strikers Begin To Score Such Goals Like Adebayor's? by dayokanu(m): 8:35pm On Apr 12, 2009
Maybe Grizzly should ask himself why the so called Big clubs are avoiding Nigerian players.

So who was supllying Etoo with Passes in Mallorca that made Real Madrid and Barca chase him.
Re: When Will Nigerian Strikers Begin To Score Such Goals Like Adebayor's? by allboyz(m): 9:16pm On Apr 12, 2009
@ poster . .forget it . .such goals are ONLY scored by players from the Emirate stadium . .thats the only place you learn how to do such things . . . grin grin grin

lets talk about something else undecided . . like we again should score such goal cool . .o think its time for Bendtner tongue tongue tongue grin grin
Re: When Will Nigerian Strikers Begin To Score Such Goals Like Adebayor's? by FBS: 7:53am On Apr 13, 2009
let them start scoring goals first. a goal is a goal and it doesnt count for double or does it?
and besides, the guy na naija by blood tongue
Re: When Will Nigerian Strikers Begin To Score Such Goals Like Adebayor's? by DrKitaun(m): 7:10pm On Sep 15, 2009
how time flies !!! embarassed grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Barcelona's Next Messi Is From Korea / Simeone: Di Maria Better Than Ronaldo & Bale / Petroplays International Oil And Gas Software Training In Port - Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.