Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,350 members, 7,978,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 07:29 PM

God, Death And Our Belief. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God, Death And Our Belief. (4546 Views)

A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief / Heated Argument, Note: This Could Shake Your Belief (photos) / Please, What's (y)Our Belief Or Opinion About The Man "OLUMBA OLUMBA" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by colossus2: 10:30am On Sep 13, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
guy na wetin i wan talk be that. Wetin carry am come this section. I wonder if boko boys don bomb romance section
Lol
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:31am On Sep 13, 2015
Airell:

You are right about all the scriptures quoted. The thought of God for us is good not evil but the wickedness of man turned it upside down that's why Proverbs 12:21 says; There shall no evil happen to the just: but the wicked shall be filled with mischief. That was what I meant when I said God is not responsible for our calamities.
Though hand join in hand, the wicked shall not be
unpunished: but the seed of the righteous shall be
delivered-Proverbs 11:21.

Did you read Amos 3:6?

If a trumpet is blown in a city will not the people tremble? If a calamity occurs in a city has not the LORD done it?

You can only try but cannot suceed coverin the truth

2 Likes

Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by Dekatron(m): 10:31am On Sep 13, 2015
Mr Agarawu,

please don't be.

HE DOESN'T EXIST & there is NOTHING like ALREADY WRITTEN. If such exists, it means its all written that we have a earth as fvcked up as this. This means either God is less powerful to re write it, he is really foolish or he doesnt exist.
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by orisa37: 10:41am On Sep 13, 2015
When you are dead, you are not alife. The way you die, God is aware. If you are killed for a sin not commited, you become a saint and go to Heaven. If the death is due to your sin, you are a sinner and you have just paid supreme price for your sin. The fellow who killed you was doing his job as instructed by either satan or God and he and his fellow travellers will face judgement one day. Satisfied?
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by Airell: 10:57am On Sep 13, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Did you read Amos 3:6?

If a trumpet is blown in a city will not the people tremble? If a calamity occurs in a city has not the LORD done it?

You can only try but cannot suceed coverin the truth
I read not only Amos 3:6, I read it from vs 1 to vs 15. I will advise you to also read the whole chapter for better understanding.
God was reffering to the Isrealites in that chapter in respect to their iniquities. He told the prophet(Amos) how they will be dealt with. That verse 6 you focused all your attention on, cannot make you understand until you read the whole chapter because the verse 6 was just claiming the responsibility of God for anything that will happen to them within that period which was as a result of their sins. So they brought trouble upon themselves because if they were right with God, he would not punish them. Do you get me now?
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:07am On Sep 13, 2015
Airell:

I read not only Amos 3:6, I read it from vs 1 to vs 15. I will advise you to also read the whole chapter for better understanding.
God was reffering to the Isrealites in that chapter in respect to their iniquities. He told the prophet(Amos) how they will be dealt with. That verse 6 you focused all your attention on, cannot make you understand until you read the whole chapter because the verse 6 was just claiming the responsibility of God for anything that will happen to them within that period.

The bible God is now resisted to Israel nation. Bravo.

1 Like

Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by agarawu23(m): 11:08am On Sep 13, 2015
colossus2:

Lol at dullard.
I challenge your household to a contest on any field of study.
Go back to romanceland and contest for another Mr Nairaland.
oh! You are pained grin sorry bro, I not the cause of your misfortune smiley

Another fans (hater) who has been watching what I do grin I am contesting next year again tongue
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by agarawu23(m): 11:09am On Sep 13, 2015
Dekatron:
Mr Agarawu,

please don't be.

HE DOESN'T EXIST & there is NOTHING like ALREADY WRITTEN. If such exists, it means its all written that we have a earth as fvcked up as this. This means either God is less powerful to re write it, he is really foolish or he doesnt exist.
shocked shocked shocked
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by agarawu23(m): 11:10am On Sep 13, 2015
orisa37:
When you are dead, you are not alife. The way you die, God is aware. If you are killed for a sin not commited, you become a saint and go to Heaven. If the death is due to your sin, you are a sinner and you have just paid supreme price for your sin. The fellow who killed you was doing his job as instructed by either satan or God and he and his fellow travellers will face judgement one day . Satisfied?
not satisfied wink

Shed more light on the bolded
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by colossus2: 11:24am On Sep 13, 2015
agarawu23:
oh! You are pained grin sorry bro, I not the cause of your misfortune smiley

Another fans (hater) who has been watching what I do grin I am contesting next year again tongue
Smh...once again I lol at "dullard"
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by Airell: 11:26am On Sep 13, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

The bible God is now resisted to Israel nation. Bravo.

Lol. God is not for the Isreal nation alone, but for everyone. Because we are dealing with the book of amos here does not make him for Israelites only.
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by Naijacitizen(m): 11:28am On Sep 13, 2015
respect80:
Continue to be confused
Mtcheeeeew
Did God not said "thou shall not kill
Have you ever seen the force people arresting anyone because someone died quietly on his bed
@OP what religion are you cos if you are an atheist then you don't need to know this
And if you are a Christian or Muslim then better get more devoted to your God.

I intend to respond to you but when I find that you are an atheist, I change my intention. You people are more than confusion itself.

1 Like

Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by agarawu23(m): 11:31am On Sep 13, 2015
colossus2:

Smh...once again I lol at "dullard"
do you know why I don't give a fvck about my typos? If you gat the message I am passing, that's enough for me.

stop derailing my thread cos I have
Reasonable ppl that are giving me response to my question .
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:41am On Sep 13, 2015
Airell:

Lol. God is not for the Isreal nation alone, but for everyone. Because we are dealing with the book of amos here does not make him for Israelites only.

Reading a verse to buttress a point is not wrong. Pastors are quick to read from Malachi 3:10 when they want to discuss about tithe. They dont ask congregation to read the whole book of Malachi before they can understand the quoted Malachi 3:10 which speaks on tithe.

Same goes with Amos 3:6. It is quite evidenet that God caused evil things to happen. Afterall, he created them according to Isaiah 45:7. His creation are manifested with spoken words; evil and calamity is not exceptional here. He speaks evil and ordain it to happen.

Do I need to cite samples? You know this just trying to do some cover up

2 Likes

Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:43am On Sep 13, 2015
orisa37:
When you are dead, you are not alife. The way you die, God is aware. If you are killed for a sin not commited, you become a saint and go to Heaven. If the death is due to your sin, you are a sinner and you have just paid supreme price for your sin. The fellow who killed you was doing his job as instructed by either satan or God and he and his fellow travellers will face judgement one day. Satisfied?

Is this post from the christian view or that of Olorisha?
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by Sweetyie(f): 11:46am On Sep 13, 2015
agarawu23:
I wont mind slapping you angry
p then u must be a womanbeater. No wonder u didnt win Mr NL
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by Airell: 12:11pm On Sep 13, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Reading a verse to buttress a point is not wrong. Pastors are quick to read from Malachi 3:10 when they want to discuss about tithe. They dont ask congregation to read the whole book of Malachi before they can understand the quoted Malachi 3:10 which speaks on tithe.

Same goes with Amos 3:6. It is quite evidenet that God caused evil things to happen. Afterall, he created them according to Isaiah 45:7. His creation are manifested with spoken words; evil and calamity is not exceptional here. He speaks evil and ordain it to happen.

Do I need to cite samples? You know this just trying to do some cover up
I wonder when we are going to end it if we continue with the argument, so let me put a force stop to it. I know it will be difficult for you to accept anything aside what you believe, so let me leave you to your opinion. If you believe God is a doer of evil, fine!
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:14pm On Sep 13, 2015
Airell:

I wonder when we are going to end it if we continue with the argument, so let me put a force stop to it. I know it will be difficult for you to accept anything aside what you believe, so let me leave you to your opinion. If you believe God is a doer of evil, fine!

Cheers.
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by orisa37: 1:03pm On Sep 13, 2015
Christian view.
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by iamkingzlee(m): 1:07pm On Sep 13, 2015
Dekatron:
Mr Agarawu,

please don't be.

what da shocked shocked
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 13, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

[s] fixed.

Which time I don argue on bible last?

Abeg. . [/s].
and which time i ever twist bible and fuse another meaning to it?
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:38pm On Sep 13, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
and which time i ever twist bible and fuse another meaning to it?

That is definitely what you do
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by respect80(m): 2:22pm On Sep 13, 2015
Naijacitizen:

I intend to respond to you but when I find that you are an atheist, I change my intention. You people are more than confusion itself.
what make you think I'm an atheist
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by respect80(m): 2:59pm On Sep 13, 2015
johnydon22:
Nobody tried to at least understand his question and see from his own point of view but all is eager to lay idiotic answers as fast as their phone allows them to.

How does any of the answer above answer the question even in a little way, none of the people there understands the question one bit.

One problem with humans "Understand little and talk more"

Hmmm
Can't believe how you love to insult others
Well, you were probably brought up that way so it's not your fault.
Note you didn't answer the question either
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:47pm On Sep 13, 2015
orisa37:
Christian view.

Abirisha are not Christians.

Courtesy of your moniker
Re: God, Death And Our Belief. by nwakaibeya1: 8:39pm On Sep 13, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73_HYeb2Io8 >4 those who HV spiritual eye listen2uterance in video&know its TRUE but U CANT accept?THE SPIRITUALLY BLIND HUMANBEIGNS WHO DONT KNOW LEFT FROM RIGHT WILL SAY DO NOT JUDGE BUT THEY HAVE NEVER SEEN JOHN 5,30 AND THEY ALSO REMAIN THE SAME PERSON THAT KNOWS WHEN JONATHAN GOODLUCK IS DOING WRONG AND PRESIDENT BUHARI IS DOING RIGHT?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How The Catholic Church Created Islam By DR. ALBERTO RIVERA / Must A Born-again Christian Go To Church Every Sunday? / What Does Fasting 6 To 6 Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.