Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,870 members, 7,945,770 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 06:19 AM

Holiness Is Very Essential ! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Holiness Is Very Essential ! (691 Views)

HOLINESS Is NOT "Optional!" / Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness / And What Holiness Is All About? Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Holiness Is Very Essential ! by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 13, 2015
Without holiness, the christian practice is a waste of time. Christianity without holiness, is like trying to serve God food and drink with a dirty cup, plate and spoon. Trust me, He will reject it!. The Bible says without holiness NO man shall see God. If one can not see God because of lack of holiness, then how will such a one go to heaven let alone live there. Holiness is very essential and is non negotiable in the christian's journey to heaven and eternity. May you win the crown of glory in Jesus name. Amen. Jesus will be here very soon.
Re: Holiness Is Very Essential ! by Goshen360(m): 1:39am On Sep 14, 2015
I know sin is not a good thing in the life of a Christian but the Scriptures never taught holiness as sinlessness. To teach holiness as sinlessness is error. Get in the word and understand what holiness mean. We shouldn't try to help scriptures, let scriptures speak for itself.
Re: Holiness Is Very Essential ! by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 14, 2015
Goshen360:
I know sin is not a good thing in the life of a Christian but the Scriptures never taught holiness as sinlessness. To teach holiness as sinlessness is error. Get in the word and understand what holiness mean. We shouldn't try to help scriptures, let scriptures speak for itself.
Mr. Goshen, I don't understand your reaction. Did you read that from my post or are you trying to confuse things here?. Did you read me say you must NEVER sin to be qualified as holy? Did the bible not tell us that a righteous man may fall seven times and still rise again ?. However, their are those who think once they've accepted Christ, they can go to sleep regarding holiness. They believe it's a thing of the heart hence they can talk, dress and live anyhow they like. I say that is not acceptable!. A righteous man may fall into sin by error, but, he/she must endeavor not to fall into sin. Please read and understand and don't confuse the post. Thank you.
Re: Holiness Is Very Essential ! by Scholar8200(m): 8:23am On Sep 14, 2015
Jesus Christ is coming for a Church without spot or wrinkle!

1. Ephesians 5:25-28
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26 that he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27 that he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Those who were having spotted garments were described as having a name that they were alive but were actually dead:
2. Revelations 3:1b-4
... I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead. 2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God. 3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. 4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

Let's seek for Grace and power to live victoriously from He Who makes Provisions before commands.

(1) (Reply)

God Bless Nigeria / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 27/11/15 / Moving Toward A One World Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.