Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,832 members, 7,898,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 12:19 AM

Siasia Happy To Avoid Congo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Happy To Avoid Congo (491 Views)

I’m Happy To Be In Nigeria — Crespo / Siasia Happy Over Nff's World Cup Plans For The Super Eagles / Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Siasia Happy To Avoid Congo by JoelNkantaBlog: 1:40pm On Sep 14, 2015
Nigeria U-23 team coach, Samson Siasia, is relieved that his team will not be meeting hosts, Congo, in the semi-finals of the men’s football event at the Brazzaville 2015 All Africa Games after both sides finished top of their respective groups over the weekend.
Nigeria came from behind to play a 1-1 draw against Senegal in their last Group B game on Saturday, a result that meant Nigeria top the group on four points. Senegal have two points but defending champions Ghana crashed out after having one point.

Congo remain leaders in Group A, despite losing 1-0 to Zimbabwe in their third game on Sunday.
Senegal took the lead in the 81st minute through Ibrahim Keita, who took on Nigeria’s defence before firing past goalkeeper Emmanuel Daniel.
The Nigerians however got back into the game with Mustapha Abdullahi drawing level in the dying seconds of the game.

Siasia said after the game that team would focus on their semi-final opponents, promising to make changes after seeing his attackers losing some scoring chances in the game.

“My boys made me proud, I love their fighting spirit. To concede a goal very late and come back to equalise is a sign that the team have a strong mentality. I must also commend Mustapha, who was able to calm his nerves to score the equaliser,” Siasia said.

“Let’s just go and savour (Click the link below to read more)
url:http://www.primeviewsng.com

1 Share

Re: Siasia Happy To Avoid Congo by simplyOJ(m): 1:46pm On Sep 14, 2015
Congrats to the boys and coach. Wishing them
all the best at the semis.
Re: Siasia Happy To Avoid Congo by ultimatecj(m): 2:09pm On Sep 14, 2015
All the way, boys!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Eden Hazard: My Goal Against Arsenal Will Restore My Confidence / Messi Injured!!! / Fg Hj Fh Kjhjk, K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.