Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,889 members, 7,976,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 04:36 AM

Tech: Your Phone Got Dunked In Water? Here’s What To Do - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tech: Your Phone Got Dunked In Water? Here’s What To Do (637 Views)

5 Ways To Save Your Phone When It Falls In Water / Please Help Me!!! My Phone Got Wiped And I Have Vital Data In Sms / HELP! My Phone Got Bricked, Won't Charge, PC/SP Flashtool Not Detecting It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tech: Your Phone Got Dunked In Water? Here’s What To Do by oluwapoju(m): 9:43am On Sep 15, 2015
If your precious smartphone gets water spilled on it, or falls into a bowl of water or the PC bowl (yuck!), don’t panic. There is something that you can do immediately to save it.

What To Do:

Turn it off immediately, and if the battery is removable, do remove it
Immerse the phone in a container of dry uncooked rice for about 8 hours
Put the battery back in and turn it back on.
Why rice? Rice is an absorbent and so absorbs moisture. When you immerse your wet phone in rice, the rice absorbs the moisture without putting your phone at the risk of heat. Sunning your wet phone can actually be damaging, as direct heat isn’t exactly what the doctor ordered.

Alternatively, just buy a water-proof smartphone instead if you regularly hang around a lot of water, so you never have to worry.

1 Like

Re: Tech: Your Phone Got Dunked In Water? Here’s What To Do by jworos(m): 10:36am On Sep 15, 2015
Nice tip.
Re: Tech: Your Phone Got Dunked In Water? Here’s What To Do by dsnet: 12:30pm On Sep 15, 2015
oluwapoju:
If your precious smartphone gets water spilled on it, or falls into a bowl of water or the PC bowl (yuck!), don’t panic. There is something that you can do immediately to save it.

What To Do:

Turn it off immediately, and if the battery is removable, do remove it
Immerse the phone in a container of dry uncooked rice for about 8 hours
Put the battery back in and turn it back on.
Why rice? Rice is an absorbent and so absorbs moisture. When you immerse your wet phone in rice, the rice absorbs the moisture without putting your phone at the risk of heat. Sunning your wet phone can actually be damaging, as direct heat isn’t exactly what the doctor ordered.

Alternatively, just buy a water-proof smartphone instead if you regularly hang around a lot of water, so you never have to worry.

Dear original poster, it wouldn't have hurt to add the source of this post. Thanks.

The above post was originally published on MobilityArena.com: Your phone got dunked in water? Here’s what to do
Re: Tech: Your Phone Got Dunked In Water? Here’s What To Do by Emypresh(m): 3:30pm On Sep 15, 2015
Let me throw my phone inside water and try it. Plz dnt go ooooh.
Re: Tech: Your Phone Got Dunked In Water? Here’s What To Do by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 25, 2015
Cool.....

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Hit A Million Promo Winner!! / Do Mtn And Other Networks Charge Double Like Airtel? / Got A Problem With Your Phone? Enter Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.