Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,102 members, 7,883,862 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 05:29 PM

Encourage Nigerian Webmasters, Reduce The Price Of .ng Domains - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Encourage Nigerian Webmasters, Reduce The Price Of .ng Domains (684 Views)

Glo must improve their services for the sake of Nigerian webmasters / 5 Benefits Of .NG Domain Extension - Techinfo / Why Do Nigerians Prefer .com To .ng Domains? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Encourage Nigerian Webmasters, Reduce The Price Of .ng Domains by imohchard(m): 10:44am On Sep 15, 2015
This is an open appeal. I have been wondering why the .NG domain extension is the most expensive in the world. Here is my source: http://www.noip.com/blog/2014/01/09/8-facts-about-domain-names/

This is wrong because it does not encourage we the indigenous webmasters.
Increased cost of the .ng domain means we will continue using .com and others to the detriment of Our Local Content drive.
I hardly see a south African domain that uses the .com Domain.. its always .co.za.
It serves to encourage local content. But why would we use the .NG when its the most expensive in the market?

I wanted to buy a domain these morning, i got a .NG for N15,000 while the .COM of the same domain cost just N2,500.

So am appealing to all Nairalanders, lets make these a trend this morning.
At least the anti-corruption fight should also affect NIRA(the agency that sells the .NG domain)..

So go on tweeter and Facebook and Instagram and spread the word>>>>> #MakedotNGcheaper...

OTHER SOURCES: http://newsrescue.com/nira-sells-ng-domains-at-most-expensive-rate-in-the-world-to-nigerian-web-entrepreneurs/#axzz3lnRHHpQM

SEUN, AND THE REST.. PLEASE FRONTPAGE
Re: Encourage Nigerian Webmasters, Reduce The Price Of .ng Domains by ps3o(m): 1:32pm On Sep 15, 2015
imohchard:
This is an open appeal. I have been wondering why the .NG domain extension is the most expensive in the world. Here is my source: http://www.noip.com/blog/2014/01/09/8-facts-about-domain-names/

This is wrong because it does not encourage we the indigenous webmasters.
Increased cost of the .ng domain means we will continue using .com and others to the detriment of Our Local Content drive.
I hardly see a south African domain that uses the .com Domain.. its always .co.za.
It serves to encourage local content. But why would we use the .NG when its the most expensive in the market?

I wanted to buy a domain these morning, i got a .NG for N15,000 while the .COM of the same domain cost just N2,500.

So am appealing to all Nairalanders, lets make these a trend this morning.
At least the anti-corruption fight should also affect NIRA(the agency that sells the .NG domain)..

So go on tweeter and Facebook and Instagram and spread the word>>>>> #MakedotNGcheaper...

OTHER SOURCES: http://newsrescue.com/nira-sells-ng-domains-at-most-expensive-rate-in-the-world-to-nigerian-web-entrepreneurs/#axzz3lnRHHpQM

SEUN, AND THE REST.. PLEASE FRONTPAGE
You're right!
our government hardly invest in technology. more so, they loot the nations of their allocation

1 Like

Re: Encourage Nigerian Webmasters, Reduce The Price Of .ng Domains by directonpc(m): 4:10pm On Sep 15, 2015
If this makes front page then nl moderators get head. Else na dull people to show use picture of else Nigerian beauty queen them be. I hate stup*dity
Re: Encourage Nigerian Webmasters, Reduce The Price Of .ng Domains by resultcase(m): 2:32am On Sep 16, 2015
Waiting for that moment .NG becomes N2500, I surely have 10 on my wishlist to be purchased. Though I still have .com.ng for some of them, but just .NG would be far better.

1 Like

Re: Encourage Nigerian Webmasters, Reduce The Price Of .ng Domains by Ademat7(m): 3:07pm On Sep 16, 2015
Cc:lalasticlala,seun pls move to HQ,good to be proud of ours, make we take Naira by Nigeria made

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Payoneer Accounts Needed / Konga Monday Mega Madness Sales - Upto 80% Discount Shop Now / High PR Dofollow Social Bookmarking Site List 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.