Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,417 members, 7,881,527 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:28 PM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (558499 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 3:21am On Nov 11, 2016
klawaaa:
Please, must the funds be transferred before VISA can be issued?
Yes.. The funds must be transferred to Norway
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Dapxavi(m): 5:34pm On Nov 11, 2016
Hello.. Ama fresh graduate... My first question is..... Is it necessary to undertake and proficiency test in English to get admitted in and Norway University for msc program.... Second question is which University in Norway offers msc in Accounting or related field...... Also can someone help me list of University that undertake msc program in Norway.... Thanks.. Pls Reply
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 12, 2016
Dapxavi:
Hello.. Ama fresh graduate... My first question is..... Is it necessary to undertake and proficiency test in English to get admitted in and Norway University for msc program.... Second question is which University in Norway offers msc in Accounting or related field...... Also can someone help me list of University that undertake msc program in Norway.... Thanks.. Pls Reply
u dont need it for norway as a nigerian
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 6:30pm On Nov 12, 2016
Dapxavi:
Look read this thread from page one or better still make use of your Internet connection- you are living in the 21st century. If you do so, you will have no cause to ask the sort of questions you asked.

Ps: As a Nigerian, you don't necessarily need English proficiency to apply to Norway. You can't write IELTS if you got money to waste or if you are applying too to another country that requires it. But for Norway, it is a waste of cool cash.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Karzim110(m): 2:18pm On Nov 16, 2016
Hello everyone, I'm planning to commence study for Msc in Manufacturing Management at NTNU. if anyone's there kindly holla so i get to know a few things about the school n the area. Thanks wink wink
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 3:55pm On Nov 16, 2016
Karzim110:
Hello everyone, I'm planning to commence study for Msc in Manufacturing Management at NTNU. if anyone's there kindly holla so i get to know a few things about the school n the area. Thanks wink wink
You are about to commence studies? When did you gain admission?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Karzim110(m): 6:34am On Nov 17, 2016
Bandeco:

You are about to commence studies? When did you gain admission?

sorry... Planning to apply
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 12:28pm On Nov 17, 2016
Karzim110:

sorry... Planning to apply
Now you come. Good luck. Hope you made 2.1
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 25, 2016
olujastro:

Well, it's been nice over here since I landed on the 8th Aug. Much calmer and organised kind of life compared to the chaos I lived with in lagos. The school system is on point, transportation on point, everything is made easy for you here but u must follow the rules and do away the usual Nigerian habit of cutting corners.
For the weather, it's kind of cold for summer, as low as 9-19'c in Stavanger. But you'll definitely adapt. 11'c with rain and high winds greeted me at Stavanger airport and it wasn't pleasant on my body even with Jacket. But after a few days, I go out with just t-shirt.
Things are very expensive here, at first you'll be converting to naira and screaming at the prices. But you'll get used to it over time.
As you know, the Oil industry is still asleep worldwide for now, so we can only hope prices pick up soon which in turn opens up the job Market.
USN still requires English testing, Either IELTS or TOEFL.
hello bro, I'm actually applying for an Msc business administration by next month. great to hear you school there already. please could you send me your email, I'll like to ask you some few questions. I anticipate your reply bro.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 25, 2016
please house, someone should enlighten me on this few issues. how does this transcript thing actually work, especially when applying to more than one universities? secondly, is the sponsorship letter necessary before applying or after the admission? lastly, I'm using Neco for the application, will it accepted in place of waec? kudos house.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 1:04pm On Nov 26, 2016
Ambjosh:
please house, someone should enlighten me on this few issues. how does this transcript thing actually work, especially when applying to more than one universities?
Some schools require you to just upload your transcript on the application portal while some require you to send directly from your university as well as upload. So having a soft (certify) copy of your transcript is vitally important.

Ambjosh:

secondly, is the sponsorship letter necessary before applying or after the admission?
You must document proof of financial ability as part of the application process. Application lacking this will NOT be considered regardless of academic performance . For self-financing international students a recent bank statement In the applicant's name with equivalent of NOK103950 will suffice.

If the applicant is sponsored by a third party, a letterheaded sponsor's guarantee letter plus sponsor's recent bank statement containing the said amount will suffice.

Ambjosh:

lastly, I'm using Neco for the application, will it accepted in place of waec? kudos house.
Upper Secondary certificate issued by either WAEC or NECO is accepted from applicants from Nigeria. The upper secondary certificate must contain atleast 6 credit pass including English language, Mathematics and one science subject.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 26, 2016
Bandeco:

Some schools require you to just upload your transcript on the application portal while some require you to send directly from your university as well as upload. So having a soft (certify) copy of your transcript is vitally important.

You must document proof of financial ability as part of the application process. Application lacking this will NOT be considered regardless of academic performance . For self-financing international students a recent bank statement In the applicant's name with equivalent of NOK103950 will suffice.

If the applicant is sponsored by a third party, a letterheaded sponsor's guarantee letter plus sponsor's recent bank statement containing the said amount will suffice.

Upper Secondary certificate issued by either WAEC or NECO is accepted from applicants from Nigeria. The upper secondary certificate must contain atleast 6 credit pass including English language, Mathematics and one science subject.
thank you very much bro. I'll keep every document intact. I'm actually applying for uni Stavanger. it runs from december through march.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by wealth360: 3:19am On Nov 27, 2016
I greet everyone here on dis forum. Am new here and have read through the thread. Good job. Guys. Please my question is that. I applied for admission in NTNU and it was stated that applicant should upload some certain documents which I did. Must I certified all the documents before uploading? Or is anyone here who got admitted recently in NTNU to share how he did it with the documents uploading. Please I need answer before 1st off Dec
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by bizza009(m): 6:58pm On Nov 27, 2016
Please must i certify my waec certificate before uploading on the NTNU portal,i need help please
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mantleguy(m): 7:12pm On Nov 27, 2016
wealth360:
I greet everyone here on dis forum. Am new here and have read through the thread. Good job. Guys. Please my question is that. I applied for admission in NTNU and it was stated that applicant should upload some certain documents which I did. Must I certified all the documents before uploading? Or is anyone here who got admitted recently in NTNU to share how he did it with the documents uploading. Please I need answer before 1st off Dec

bizza009:
Please must i certify my waec certificate before uploading on the NTNU portal,i need help please
All documents must be original copies. Photocopies are not allowed.

The transcript must be an officially certified copy from your university i.e it must contain the official stamp of your university and signed by the dean, registrar etc

Note: All your academic documents(especially University diploma and transcript) will be verified from your school. If your documents are unable to be verified, you will not be considered for admission.

Inaddition to uploading, NTNU also require Nigerian applicant to send their transcripts directly through the issuing university to NTNU.

Your waec must be an original copy (front and back scanned in one pdf document).

Ps:
What programs did you guys applied for at NTNU ?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 7:26pm On Nov 27, 2016
I wonder who started this documents certification story sef. I also saw it way back in this thread. There's no need to certify any documents you're applying with, especially school certificates. They are already certified with ur school stamps and signature on them. I didn't certify anything, I just applied right away.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by wealth360: 10:03pm On Nov 27, 2016
mantleguy:

All documents must be original copies. Photocopies are not allowed.

The transcript must be an officially certified copy from your university i.e it must contain the official stamp of your university and signed by the dean, registrar etc

Note: All your academic documents(especially University diploma and transcript) will be verified from your school. If your documents are unable to be verified, you will not be considered for admission.

Inaddition to uploading, NTNU also require Nigerian applicant to send their transcripts
directly through the issuing university to NTNU.

Your waec must be an original copy (front and back scanned in one pdf document).

Ps:
What programs did you guys applied for at NTNU ?

Thanks so much for your response. I applied for Industrial Design Engineering. I studied production engineering with a CGPA of 4.366. Please is it compulsory now to send my transcript to Ntnu before deadline or is it after admission? All the document I scanned to upload were all originals. Hope am on track.

Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by wealth360: 10:07pm On Nov 27, 2016
olujastro:
I wonder who started this documents certification story sef. I also saw it way back in this thread. There's no need to certify any documents you're applying with, especially school certificates. They are already certified with ur school stamps and signature on them. I didn't certify anything, I just applied right away.

Thanks Bro. Can you please share your story from the first time you applied and everytin you did while applying and your study permit story. I really want to learn and I know there are others that wannt to learn too.

Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 5:00am On Nov 28, 2016
wealth360:

Thanks so much for your response. I applied for Industrial Design Engineering. I studied production engineering with a CGPA of 4.366. Please is it compulsory now to send my transcript to Ntnu before deadline or is it after admission? All the document I scanned to upload were all originals. Hope am on track.

Thanks
You can send your transcript to NTNU before 15th December to be on the safe side.

But I don't think you can be denied admission (when you qualify) because you didn't send especially if the one you uploaded was verified to be authentic.

My friend just uploaded only and he was offered admission this year . He was only told to present the original on resumption.

BTW.. Your CGPA is fantastic. With that I am sure you will get in -- all things being equal (ceterus paribus)
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by wealth360: 11:09am On Nov 28, 2016
Bandeco:

You can send your transcript to NTNU before 15th December to be on the safe side.

But I don't think you can be denied admission (when you qualify) because you didn't send especially if the one you uploaded was verified to be authentic.

My friend just uploaded only and he was offered admission this year . He was only told to present the original on resumption.

BTW.. Your CGPA is fantastic. With that I am sure you will get in -- all things being equal (ceterus paribus)

Morning. thanks for the answer. please is it compulsory i upload my sponsor letter and statement of account now to the soknadad portal? or is it after gaining admission. please anyone share your story i am learning here and deadline is 1st dec.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 2:06pm On Nov 28, 2016
wealth360:

Morning. thanks for the answer. please is it compulsory i upload my sponsor letter and statement of account now to the soknadad portal? or is it after gaining admission. please anyone share your story i am learning here and deadline is 1st dec.
No disrespect but u don't appear to me as a serious person. So deadline is Dec 1 according to you and you're waiting for replies that may come in hours or days or even weeks, instead of u to go through the thread and see how people handled theirs before you.
I don't know how proactive people can be in life but I get surprised when people are not, and bothered when they're in my family.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 2:41pm On Nov 28, 2016
olujastro:

No disrespect but u don't appear to me as a serious person. So deadline is Dec 1 according to you and you're waiting for replies that may come in hours or days or even weeks, instead of u to go through the thread and see how people handled theirs before you.
I don't know how proactive people can be in life but I get surprised when people are not, and bothered when they're in my family.
Thank you Olujastro. His questions smacks of laziness. Was just been patient in answering them.

Look you have to read. Read I mean. Everything you need is on ntnu website. You Nearly made 1st class. People with such CGPA are smart people.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by wealth360: 9:49pm On Nov 28, 2016
Bandeco:

Thank you Olujastro. His questions smacks of laziness. Was just been patient in answering them.

Look you have to read. Read I mean. Everything you need is on ntnu website. You Nearly made 1st class. People with such CGPA are smart people.

Thanks my fellow Nigerians. I appreciate and I admit whatever you say to me. Just a reminder brothers I don't have a anof time becos of my job here. Ok. Not that am not smart....Lol. anyway thanks a lot for your previous contributions. Asking you guys dat questions is to get quick answer on what to do.

Esshe pupo
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by JERRYPOPINS(m): 6:33am On Nov 29, 2016
GOODMORNING TO EVERYONE HERE.I AM APPYING TO THE NORWEGIAN UNIVERSITY OF LIFE SCIENCES FOR BSC IN INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENT AND DEVELOPMENT STUDIES (ENGLISH TAUGHT) .I ALREADY HAVE A DEGREE IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION AND PGD IN MANAGEMENT STUDIES.

MY QUESTION IS,SHOULD I UPLOAD ONLY MY WAEC RESULT?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 29, 2016
lekibraky:

u dont need it for norway as a nigerian
a question for you please.. if o am applying to NTNU is it compulsory that I upload a statement of account before the application will be processed? Also, what are my chances? metallurgical and materials engineering BSC?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kwenu: 6:22pm On Nov 29, 2016
please guys how much is the money that needs to be deposited to Norway block account if theres any, how/what are the chances of getting visa
are there any entrance test.
do they have thier embassy in Lagos.
is TOEFL or IELTS neccessary.
Is olevel WAEC sufficient for gaining admission

Thankyou
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 8:34pm On Nov 29, 2016
kwenu:
please guys how much is the money that needs to be deposited to Norway block account if theres any, how/what are the chances of getting visa
are there any entrance test.
do they have thier embassy in Lagos.
is TOEFL or IELTS neccessary.
Is olevel WAEC sufficient for gaining admission

Thankyou

.. Lol.. All this question for one person
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 30, 2016
evsonlive:
a question for you please.. if o am applying to NTNU is it compulsory that I upload a statement of account before the application will be processed? Also, what are my chances? 3.54/5 metallurgical and materials engineering BSC?
It is compulsory to upload bank statement
and your capabilities is ok I am applying with 3.50 too just pray too many ppl didn't apply to your school with higher cgpa
Make sure u upload your waec too and apply to as many school as possible God will crown our efforts
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by kwenu: 5:05pm On Nov 30, 2016
From what I see about studies in Norway.. Geting admission seems. More difficult than getting visa
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 5:47pm On Nov 30, 2016
kwenu:
From what I see about studies in Norway.. Geting admission seems. More difficult than getting visa
Absolutely yes.. Visa is straightforward. Once u provide evidence of finance. You visa is over 90% certain

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by opeyemi361: 8:55am On Dec 05, 2016
UIS don't accept online documents. I have to send my documents to them via courier. would you advice me to send original of my bank statement, original of my student transcript? I also scored 6.0 in my IELTS. Expecting your replies
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chaiks: 10:11am On Dec 05, 2016
Ambjosh:
thank you very much bro. I'll keep every document intact. I'm actually applying for uni Stavanger. it runs from december through march.
you mean the application deadline ends around match for Stavanger?

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (154) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.