Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,028 members, 7,966,790 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 11:35 PM

Bukola Saraki – My Leadership Will Focus On Making People-oriented Laws - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Bukola Saraki – My Leadership Will Focus On Making People-oriented Laws (369 Views)

I Will Focus More On Reintegration - Prof. Charles Dokubo / I Will Focus More On Reintegration - Prof. Charles Dokubo / Bukola Oyelami: Missing Person In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki – My Leadership Will Focus On Making People-oriented Laws by watchdognewsnet: 4:26pm On Sep 15, 2015
Dr Bukola Saraki, Nigeria’s senate president has stated that one major achievement of the 8th Senate in its first 100 days is laying the foundation to regain public trust.

He stated this while assuring Nigerians that under his leadership as the senate president, there will be a focus on making people oriented laws.

Reacting to insinuations in some quarters that the Senate has not been able to record tangible achievements, Saraki said: “We have kick-started the process of restoring public trust, such that the 8th Senate will only make people-oriented decisions.”

While lamenting the abandonment of a National Assembly television station which he claimed was built for N500m during the 7th Senate, he promised to find out why such a project that gulped a lot of tax payers’ money was abandoned.

The Senate President equally stated that the 2015 National Assembly budget would soon be made public, assuring that accountability and transparency would be upheld by his administration.

He pledged that the Senate will begin the screening of ministerial nominees once it receives the names from President Muhammadu Buhari.

“Nigerians deserve to know what is going on in the National Assembly and the NASS TV will go a long way (to ensure that). I was told that up to N500m was spent on it. We will look into it to find out the true situation of things. By making sure that tax payers’ money doesn’t go to waste, so we will put it to good use,” he stated.

For more News update please visit www.watchdognews.net

(1) (Reply)

Several Reported Dead Over Cholera Outbreak In Maiduguri IDP Camps / Uses Of Organic Fertilizer / Family Deliverance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.