Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,382 members, 7,881,380 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:06 PM

Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! (6841 Views)

N80b Salary Debt: Akeredolu Begs Ondo Workers To Waive Outstanding Salaries / Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch / List Of Ministers Likely To Be Sacked By Buhari ‘soon’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! by nonsom(m): 10:16am On Sep 16, 2015
we would embrace Ebola in Nigeria so that over 80000 casket makers would make high turnover on their businesses. if only 11000 bankers will sacrifies their work for the betterment of 200million nigerians, is fine. After all, we are in the world of sacrifies, that was the reason christ died on the cross.
Re: Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! by Yeske2(m): 10:25am On Sep 16, 2015
What the FG is withdrawing from the banks is just 10% of their total deposits so why should this be an issue? Let the banks go back to their core job of banking instead of colluding with corrupt officials to siphon public funds to shore up their deposits.
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/cash-shortage-hits-banks-as-tsa-deadline-expires/
Re: Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! by mrmetoo1: 10:40am On Sep 16, 2015
WombRaiders:

GEJ's policy for TSA was geared to revenue collection only !

The new TSA being rolled out mandates that all MDAs budgetary allocations as wells revenue be domicilled in one single account!

This is where the major difference lies!

GEJ's policy was never implemented so don't come here telling us what it was geared towards. Presently some agencies are still able to keep a percentage in other accounts that I'm sure are properly monitored.
Re: Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! by raphloren: 10:40am On Sep 16, 2015
in the long run it wud checkmate looting a bit. something tells me Buhari's boldness wud put nigeria back on track
Re: Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! by naijathings(m): 10:46am On Sep 16, 2015
anigbajumo:

After u defined Newton third law of motion successfully,u dnt need to add impurities.

"sometimes adverse reaction follows"

Lolz

Yes the Newton Law was stated and the sentence was concluded with a comma before another sentence, that was not totally independent, was added.
LEARN YOUR GRAMMAR.

and what the furk is LOLZ? LOL means LAUGHING OUT LOUD so whats the extra Z doing there ?
Re: Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 16, 2015
mrmetoo1:

GEJ's policy was never implemented so don't come here telling us what it was geared towards. Presently some agencies are still able to keep a percentage in other accounts that I'm sure are properly monitored.

Zombie, the TSA initiative was introduced by GEJ's administration and it was specifically designed for collating revenue generated by MDAs.

Facts!

Your ab0ki govt wants all Govt revenue under one account so that all contracts that they will award will be properly scrutinized for kickbacks.
Re: Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 16, 2015
Idrico:
The money will come back to the system(banks)when the salaries of civil servants,govt suppliers and contractors and states allocation are paid.Everything will come back in the long run.TSA is just for collection of govt revenues.

What about jobs lost?

I am in support of the policy but as a post above me said: gradually is better,
Re: Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! by bayulll01(m): 10:59am On Sep 16, 2015
Flets:
There are many economic policies in the world today that can be adopted but its stupidity to think it would work in all type of economies.

Oga those gibberish you wrote down there is not only pathetic but silly,since they have all those funds in their vault all these why,what is the impact of them in the society,bank is meant to be an avenue for wealth creation in a nation!but here is it an avenue for loot and corruptions,they will lend politician 200million but they will never give a farmer 2million,I don't mind if we suffer now and enjoy latter,banking in nigeria has lost their value and relevance,Good development no more free money
Re: Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 16, 2015
all this hungry bloggers self
Re: Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! by ifekemmie(f): 11:26am On Sep 16, 2015
Where do dey wan dem to go, dis is au thief dey dey plenty for dis country
Re: Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! by Eyop: 11:34am On Sep 16, 2015
Flets:
There are many economic policies in the world today that can be adopted but its stupidity to think it would work in all type of economies.

Is maintaining TSA a good initiative - Yes.... just like many other good initiatives
What is the main aim of TSA - to ensure no leakages of govt revenue across various ministries and MDAs
Is it the only way to check and curb the leakages – NO
What is the economic impact of implementing TSA – It will significantly impact the middle class, bank workers and SMEs (Small and Medium term enterprises)

What could have been done? – FG could have first documented the unremitted FG funds with these banks (These funds were not missing… they are known and with the commercial banks). Then begin a GRADUAL withdrawal of the funds from these banks in the space of a year or two to allow them sufficient time to react and retain their staff.

This was exactly the reason why NOI under GEJ took a gradual implementation of the TSA policy in order not to collapse the middle class as is currently being witnessed.

Buhari needed a finance minister first before anything… the harm is done already. Nigerians will feel the pain.

Re: Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! by sammyj: 11:37am On Sep 16, 2015
The banks help them to steal money bros i can bet my head on this grin grin grin grin grin
HzRF:

Olodo
Banks don't steal NA d agency dept steal
The money lodge in the banks is managed by pple nt by stick
Re: Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! by IVORY2009(m): 11:37am On Sep 16, 2015
Nelkoko:
Presidential body odour
body odour? I dey laugh grin
Re: Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! by HAFIntl(f): 12:46pm On Sep 16, 2015
Dear all,

Personally i believed, the TSA is something that is over due! Constitutionally, all revenue of the government via all MDAs should go to the account of the government (centralized account) in which CBN is their bank (as govt.'s bank). However, over the years, the banks have been enjoying the floats of some of these idles funds sitting in several accounts and the reality is NO MORE FLOAT from govt.'s fund!

You can check up this write up on the next opportunities for the banks: https://www./nigerian-banks-heres-idea-whose-time-has-come-oluwaseun-adesanya?trk=pulse_spock-articles
Re: Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! by westerm(m): 12:47pm On Sep 16, 2015
I will comment later.
Re: Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! by eagleeye2: 1:01pm On Sep 16, 2015
why are they all denying it? At the fullness of time we will know the truth.
Re: Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! by mrmetoo1: 1:06pm On Sep 16, 2015
WombRaiders:

Zombie, the TSA initiative was introduced by GEJ's administration and it was specifically designed for collating revenue generated by MDAs.

Facts!

Your ab0ki govt wants all Govt revenue under one account so that all contracts that they will award will be properly scrutinized for kickbacks.

Oh yes because the old method was so transparent. No kickbacks at all, no stealing. Fact is it was never implemented because he was never serious about it, all talk all show. They left it the way it was before so that they could keep lifting their millions and billions daily without proper accountability. No matter how you spin it, what Buhari is doing now is a more transparent way than having numerous accounts that no one can track. Imagine NNPC bosses saying they don't know how many accounts they're running. Abeg let's get real. I have no direct stake in Buhari's govt, all I pray for is their success because when that happens it affects me directly.
Re: Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! by atlwireles: 1:14pm On Sep 16, 2015
WombRaiders:
[size=18pt]3 to 4 mths down the line, the federal govt through the ministry of finance will partly rescind this policy by allowing a select few banks to hold and collect MDArevenue.

You can bet that Unity Bank (formerly bank of the north ) and Jaiz bank will make the cut!

This is just the Begining of northern consolidation of powere in all spheres!
[/size]
Re: Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! by alsudaes1(m): 1:32pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jwhizzy:
This is daft news reporting. On one hand article says 'breaking, banks to sack 11,000'. On the other hand, the banks zenith and UBA deny the stories. Yet it's 'breaking', with no credible source. Shioor!

it is obvious that Majority of those who commented didn't read the body of the post but only the misleading title.
Re: Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! by anigbajumo(m): 4:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
naijathings:
for every action.. there is an equal and opposite reaction. sometimes adverse reactions follow.

Where is dat comma?

Is dat da first time u ar seeing lolz instead of lol?

"For every action"

Punctuation marks,Zero....
Re: Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! by naijathings(m): 5:21pm On Sep 18, 2015
anigbajumo:

Where is dat comma?

Is dat da first time u ar seeing lolz instead of lol?

"For every action"

Punctuation marks,Zero....

hahaha hahahaha make una come see this guy oh.
you are the one who started this correction thingy.
"" is used when you are trying to quote someone but in this case, I said it by myself and not really trying to credit the words to anyone if not it would have beenput this way: Issac Newton said "for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction"
bros.. you are dealing with someone who scored 88 in english in JAMB examinations of year 2000. but you know say sometimes we just dey write anyhow on freestyle
Re: Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! by anigbajumo(m): 5:32pm On Sep 18, 2015
naijathings:

hahaha hahahaha make una come see this guy oh.
you are the one who started this correction thingy.
"" is used when you are trying to quote someone but in this case, I said it by myself and not really trying to credit the words to anyone if not it would have beenput this way: Issac Newton said "for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction"
bros.. you are dealing with someone who scored 88 in english in JAMB examinations of year 2000. but you know say sometimes we just dey write anyhow on freestyle

88% in English indeed,correct yourself in the first sentence above.

Smh,
Re: Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! by adino(m): 5:51pm On Sep 18, 2015
WombRaiders:
[size=18pt]3 to 4 mths down the line, the federal govt through the ministry of finance will partly rescind this policy by allowing a select few banks to hold and collect MDArevenue.

You can bet that Unity Bank (formerly bank of the north ) and Jaiz bank will make the cut!

This is just the Begining of northern consolidation of powere in all spheres![/size]
Re: Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! by JaaizTech: 11:55am On Sep 27, 2015
I'll keep my post till a year later, when the full effect of TSA would have materialised. Hopefully it would be positive.
Re: Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 27, 2015
JaaizTech:
I'll keep my post till a year later, when the full effect of TSA would have materialised. Hopefully it would be positive.
it was all noise. The tsa wont affect nnpc nd other ministries making over 90% of govt revenue. The effect of tsa is negligible
Re: Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 27, 2015
polz:
http://PayRefe.com/?ref=52917 ...click on this link and make your money,u will be surprised it works
ur a learner. U wont get a kobo. If its real why should pple abroad work or be jobless?
Re: Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 27, 2015
Flets:

Is maintaining TSA a good initiative - Yes.... just like many other good initiatives
What is the main aim of TSA - to ensure no leakages of govt revenue across various ministries and MDAs
Is it the only way to check and curb the leakages – NO
What is the economic impact of implementing TSA – It will significantly impact the middle class, bank workers and SMEs (Small and Medium term enterprises)

What could have been done? – FG could have first documented the unremitted FG funds with these banks (These funds were not missing… they are known and with the commercial banks). Then begin a GRADUAL withdrawal of the funds from these banks in the space of a year or two to allow them sufficient time to react and retain their staff.

This was exactly the reason why NOI under GEJ took a gradual implementation of the TSA policy in order not to collapse the middle class as is currently being witnessed.

Buhari needed a finance minister first before anything… the harm is done already. Nigerians will feel the pain.

Dem go feel am??
Kamburuuba grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Looking At The Top 30 Richest Nigerians Of 2015 / Osinbajo Arrives New Guinea For 8th African Summit Of African, Carribean States / Biafra : Live Updates From Oyigbo Rivers State (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.